It's 14-0 and Nobody Here Cares | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It's 14-0 and Nobody Here Cares

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There are student section attendance problems everywhere except A&M. EVERYWHERE. EVEN ALABAMA.
You're totally missing the point.

This isn't about students not attending. This is about students who attend not giving a f. U. C. K. About the game and leaving early. I've sat there and watched them do it for years. This isn't a new phenomenon.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
You're totally missing the point.

This isn't about students not attending. This is about students who attend not giving a f. U. C. K. About the game and leaving early. I've sat there and watched them do it for years. This isn't a new phenomenon.

I think a large part of the reason they try and leave early is the disconnect with an off-campus stadium. If it was on-campus, you know your dorm is a ten-minute walk away.

Reaction Score
I think a large part of the reason they try and leave early is the disconnect with an off-campus stadium. If it was on-campus, you know your dorm is a ten-minute walk away.

The campus isn't moving. The stadium isn't moving.

I'm just sick and tired of reading posts saying the school needs to do more for the students. The students need to do more than show up for 15 minutes of football

Reaction Score
The crowd wasn't listless - they were into it when it mattered. But they've gotten used to 3 years of ineptitude, and when BYU went up 14-0 in a heartbeat it seemed to suck all the wind out of their sails. Even at 21-0 when UConn finally scored, the crowd was back in it, then UConn gave the TD right back. Ball game. Not much to cheer about after that. BYU was in control the whole way.

The crowd was there tonight - the team wasn't.
The crowd there last night was not really into it. I couldn't believe that on our 3rd down plays our fans tried to out noise the BYU fans who were supporting their D. We are suppose to be quiet so as not to drown out our QB signal calling. When are people going to figure this out? Do we need big signs that say QUIET or just STFU to get the point across.
The DeLorenzo fumble on the 1st carry kind of deflated thing from the get go. It was like the McCummings' overthrow of a wide open receiver against West Virginia. Here we go again especially when they scored right away.
Lots of promise but a real work in promise. OL better than expected and freshman Running backs are the real deal.

Reaction Score
Our fans always make noise when we have the ball in the redzone.

Many just don't understand what to do and when to do it.

Reaction Score
I am assuming everyone was stunned at what a football team BYU has. We certainly looked smaller and less skilled. This is going to be a rebuild, it seems.

Reaction Score
Our fans always make noise when we have the ball in the redzone. Many just don't understand what to do and when to do it.

To be fair, one of our running backs waved his arms for louder fan support as we were set for play in the red zone. It's not just the fans who need remedial etiquette lessons.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The campus isn't moving. The stadium isn't moving.

I'm just sick and tired of reading posts saying the school needs to do more for the students. The students need to do more than show up for 15 minutes of football

The school is asking the students to do more than any school in the country, except UMass. I'm not saying do more to cater to them, just that it's hard for me to get on them too much when I know, personally, the effort needed to get there in the first place. And no, I'm not in the MOVE TEH STADIUM crowd.

Reaction Score
The school is asking the students to do more than any school in the country, except UMass. I'm not saying do more to cater to them, just that it's hard for me to get on them too much when I know, personally, the effort needed to get there in the first place. And no, I'm not in the MOVE TEH STADIUM crowd.

Those poor students who pay less to get to and into the game than I pay just to park know what they are signing up for when they purchase the tickets. If they can't be bothered to stay past halftime they shouldn't show up

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
UConn does this all the time in basketball. They go into someone else's gym and puts a run together. The first job of the away team is to silence the home crowd. BYU did that, and you're surprised UConn was cheering about it? C'mon, Man.

BYU went down the field and scored on their first possession, while overcoming more then a couple personal foul penalties. I though BYU played a little dirty, and I commend UConn for not retaliating, but BYU was literally pushing UConn all over the field. UConn got something going after they were down 14 and the crowd was in it (contrary to your assessment), but the score, the 2 early turnovers, and all the penalties (which severely disrupted the flow of the game) and that tends to diminish the effects of the crowd.

UConn didn't do anything for which fans could cheer up to that point. Start with the product, not the patrons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom