It's 14-0 and Nobody Here Cares | The Boneyard

It's 14-0 and Nobody Here Cares

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Start a fund to bail me out of jail. Thanks in advance.

Nobody seems to even give a damn.

Reaction Score
Home watching this. Not a good start. Wgat bothered me more was when T Hill was on the phone in front of the camera after the first score you could here him talking on the phone saying "... no safety over the top...". After the Delorenzo fumble first play, what does he do? Over top of defense fora score, with no safety there. He sees plays before they happen. Gonna be a problem for us all night for us if we dont wake up.

Reaction Score
Marriner looks a lot more stout as a runner than McCombs in the past. Takes a hit and keeps moving. Didnt go down easy.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well the women's team woke the crowd up.

And the soccer score. I'm surrounded by BYU fans. Worst quarter in 11 years in this building.

Good thing it flew by in only like 50 minutes.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
whaler11 said:
And the soccer score. I'm surrounded by BYU fans. Worst quarter in 11 years in this building. Good thing it flew by in only like 50 minutes.
That's a bold call

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
People care. You must be in the pus sy section.

They didn't. I was in stands. Walking through concourse near students and in bathroom. Nobody gave a damn. They weren't even paying attention.

Reaction Score
I don't see any positives. Same old sane old. I haven't seen the game on TV yet but the crowd was dull and the team looked listless. I didn't see any balls out plays that would motivate me. They shut us down from the first snap and no one cared.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure the sigh counter, exploded tonight.

Reaction Score
The crowd wasn't listless - they were into it when it mattered. But they've gotten used to 3 years of ineptitude, and when BYU went up 14-0 in a heartbeat it seemed to suck all the wind out of their sails. Even at 21-0 when UConn finally scored, the crowd was back in it, then UConn gave the TD right back. Ball game. Not much to cheer about after that. BYU was in control the whole way.

The crowd was there tonight - the team wasn't.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The crowd wasn't listless - they were into it when it mattered. But they've gotten used to 3 years of ineptitude, and when BYU went up 14-0 in a heartbeat it seemed to suck all the wind out of their sails. Even at 21-0 when UConn finally scored, the crowd was back in it, then UConn gave the TD right back. Ball game. Not much to cheer about after that. BYU was in control the whole way.

The crowd was there tonight - the team wasn't.

That's the bottom line. The crowd was the very least of the concerns tonight.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Even the concessions sucked tonight. I got a room temperature pretzel that I am convinced was just pieces of several other broken pretzels.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Even the concessions sucked tonight. I got a room temperature pretzel that I am convinced was just pieces of several other broken pretzels.

You live above a bowling alley underneath another bowling alley?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Oh bulls**t.

The 2006 Navy game says hello.

Yeah that was a random bad quarter in a mediocre season. You are fooling yourself if the first quarter tonight wasn't the worst you've seen at Rentschler.

Reaction Score
We were down 14-0 before most people got to their seats. 21-0 when the rest did. What did you expect?

It was a Friday night game where the start was pushed up an hour.

If we know one thing about our crowds it's that arriving for the kick off is not that important to many.

The crowd was fine. The team stunk. Even when we finally scored to make it 21-7 late in the half and getting the ball in the 3rd they scored again. BYU never gave us the chance to really get in the game.

My only complaint is the same I always make. I'm sick of people arguing the students should get more tickets. Why give more discounted seats to people who can't be bothered to stay much longer than half time?

And £#%+ you to the first person who calls me a liar. I've sat behind them for a decade. If it's not a big game that we are winning or keeping very close, they can't wait to get on that bus to campus. They are their to make appearances, see and be seen. If the game isn't interesting they do not hesitate to leave. Half time, 3rd quarter, they can't wait to get back to campus.

Reaction Score
You would be hard pressed to say anything went good tonight in this dumpster fire of a game.

Way too many WTF moments for Diaco and staff tonight.

And I agree that the students bailed right after half time -very poor showing by "the dog pound"

Last edited:

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
There are student section attendance problems everywhere except A&M. EVERYWHERE. EVEN ALABAMA.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There are student section attendance problems everywhere except A&M. EVERYWHERE. EVEN ALABAMA.

Does Alabama quit on a game to give the kicker practice from the right hash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom