It Has Lined Up Perfectly | The Boneyard

It Has Lined Up Perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
last year we opened with Mich St, and KO and the team delivered a statement that things were going to be held together, and this program wasn't going to go under. Now we face them again, with a Final 4 bid on the line at MSG, with the opportunuty to deliver a major statement that playing for championships is something that will remain a staple of the program. LET'S GO!

Reaction Score
To be honest the other 14 teams in our bracket did not scare me, MSU does
Oh I agree, despite the 4th seed MSU was the team I was most worried about when the bracket was announced, just pointing out how it seems things have come full circle from last season with the opportunity to get to a Final 4 and make a major statement for the program under KO.

Reaction Score
Oh I agree, despite the 4th seed MSU was the team I was most worried about when the bracket was announced, just pointing out how it seems things have come full circle from last season with the opportunity to get to a Final 4 and make a major statement for the program under KO.
I agree. This team has ALREADY made a statement but beating MSU would make it an emphatic statement that Uconn is back and KO is among the elite coaches in just his second year! If we were to beat MSU all bets are off and i wouldnt be afraid to play anyone because imho MSU is the best team left in this tourney along with UK. Man would it be SWEEEEEET! to beat UK for the national title:D

Reaction Score
I want payback for that final four game loss in Detroit. Their fans were loud that day. Now the record has been flipped. Win baby!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This team has already over-achieved what I thought our ceiling was at the start of the season. Making the elite 8 in Ollie's 2nd year as a HC is just phenomenal, and the emergence of Brimah and Samuel bodes REALLY well for the future. Nolan has shown flashes and as he's only a sophomore, will certainly be serviceable. I seriously am so proud of the team and what they've accomplished, and the leadership of Ollie and the entire coaching staff is fantastic.

Of course we want more. But as a 7 seed we took out the 2 and 3 seeds respectively. Regardless of where we shoulda or coulda been seeded, it's been the perfect storm for a team that lacks an imposing front court.

No idea what to expect for MSU. I know they are favored, in fact, a lot of people picked them to win it all this year. Of the expert's picks for the final 4, L'ville, Kansas, Iowa State and Duke are all out. The only "3" remaining from the experts are Florida, Arizona and Michigan State. All terrific programs, and while Ken$ucky is getting all the attention for beating L'ville, UCONN wasn't expected by anyone but themselves to be here in the elite 8. Love it!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Will people please stop with the "we have already overachieved", "they should be proud regardless of the outcome", "even if the seasons ends today" posts. Once the season ends we can reflect. Until then there should be no defeatists posts.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If appling isn't 100% he's going to have issues vs our perimeter defense. kane had issues vs our defense. As noted our talent vs msu talent matches up well. its gonna be a doozie. last night sounded like wrestlemania on tv, there will probably be even more husky fans sunday.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If appling isn't 100% he's going to have issues vs our perimeter defense. kane had issues vs our defense. As noted our talent vs msu talent matches up well. its gonna be a doozie. last night sounded like wrestlemania on tv, there will probably be even more husky fans sunday.

Agree on the perimeter, but we do not matchup well with them inside.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think that's a good point. We beat them last year. Yeah, they're better this year, but we're better.

Reaction Score
Agree on the perimeter, but we do not matchup well with them inside.
dawson is 6'6 he will have issues similar to ejim, the b12 player of the year. Payne is interesting, he could be a terror. Also could get into early foul trouble and disappear.

Reaction Score
Will people please stop with the "we have already overachieved", "they should be proud regardless of the outcome", "even if the seasons ends today" posts. Once the season ends we can reflect. Until then there should be no defeatists posts.
It isn't people, it's ericinsandiego over and over. I think he has UConn losing in his bracket and that's what is important to him.

He thinks we have gone far enough. The rest of us don't.

Reaction Score
It isn't people, it's ericinsandiego over and over. I think he has UConn losing in his bracket and that's what is important to him.

He thinks we have gone far enough. The rest of us don't.

With the way this team is playing right now i would have major hesitation picking anyone to beat us. Im sure MSU fans are very very worried about Sunday. and they should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom