It amazes me | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It amazes me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For all his flaws, Knight led his team to the final four.
And PG Marques Teague led the next UK team to a championship as a freshman.

Now I dont like either guys game all that much in the NBA, but you cant dispute the team results in college.
If fans are going to extoll the virtues of Sam Cassell's age and expeirence since he went to prep school and then JUCO, the same respect should be afforded to Jones(JUCO) and Rozier(5th year Post Grad)

The point is, Knight was inefficient, and not much of a threat. UConn played them twice and UConn dominated Knight both times. I think the kid is a huge talent, but I would not expect UConn to do what they did the kid if Knight had more seasoning.

caw

Reaction Score
They have a very good squad.

They also lose a ton defensively. I would say the same if Dieng was the only one that had left. He was a phenomenal defender and really lead the team on that side. Harrell may be an offensive upgrade (though Dieng wasn't a slouch), but will have to prove himself on the defensive side. For that matter Matthieng or Agai will have to prove they are adequate replacements for Harrell off the bench.

In the backcourt, Jones and Rozier are obviously unproven, but very talented. They should be upgrades for individual offensive and will increase the backcourt depth at UL. Defensively Siva was very good (when not being an idiot) and he ran the team well, but offensively he had issues scoring and made tons of boneheaded plays on defense.

All in all they likely aren't as good as last year, but they certainly should be shooting for an elite eight appearance at least. They are capable of going on a run and I would kill to have Harrell at UConn.

Reaction Score
I'm just glad Siva is gone.. he was the one guy that we could not guard at all. i dont know about the guys that they brought in but, i think we should be fine now that we don't have to worry about Siva breaking down our defense, 3 straight plays in a row to take the lead...
that play in the 2011 Big East game where siva took his eyes off kemba and kemba just snagged the ball and took it the other way, that was magical. I respectfully hated Siva because he was deadly, he is going to stick in the NBA and a lot of teams will be sad they passed on him. Hoping he and Andre have solid years in Detroit together

Reaction Score
This smells of Caracter, fact is. Chane has verged towards this area since he's been here. If he comes back, he will certainly have earned it.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
For all his flaws, Knight led his team to the final four.
And PG Marques Teague led the next UK team to a championship as a freshman.

Now I dont like either guys game all that much in the NBA, but you cant dispute the team results in college.
If fans are going to extoll the virtues of Sam Cassell's age and expeirence since he went to prep school and then JUCO, the same respect should be afforded to Jones(JUCO) and Rozier(5th year Post Grad)

Being juco will help, but I still seriously doubt he won't have an adjustment period - - just about everyone does.

Reaction Score
Siva is small and he can't shoot. That's not a good combination. You can get away with that in college. In the pros, usually not so much

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Siva is small and he can't shoot. That's not a good combination. You can get away with that in college. In the pros, usually not so much
On paper Jones and Rozier are a step up. But I believe we'll find out how much of the leadership intangibles Siva brought to his teams.

Reaction Score
On paper Jones and Rozier are a step up. But I believe we'll find out how much of the leadership intangibles Siva brought to his teams.

Siva reminds me a lot of Mateen Cleaves.. doesn't really do anything great, can't shoot, but he's a leader and inspires confidence in his teammates. Probably won't make it long in the NBA

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Siva reminds me a lot of Mateen Cleaves.. doesn't really do anything great, can't shoot, but he's a leader and inspires confidence in his teammates. Probably won't make it long in the NBA
I was actually going to say he reminded me of fulfilling the role of Mateen Cleaves! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom