It all starts with the student | The Boneyard

It all starts with the student

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When you have an off campus stadium without a lot of history it is tough for the students to get that invested. It isn't integrated enough into the fabric of the university.

Reaction Score
When you have an off campus stadium without a lot of history it is tough for the students to get that invested. It isn't integrated enough into the fabric of the university.

I agree with you, however, I don’t know the answer. What are your thoughts on expanding the fan fest, maybe have a band and barbeque, free for students and season ticket holders others pay a small fee.
http://www.dailycampus.com/sports/a-tradition-not-to-rent-1.2916522

U

UConn9604

Dooley admits that Tennessee has the converse (sounds like a nice problem to have):

"You can't have it both ways," Dooley said during his Monday press conference. "You can't have 102,000 screaming fans and not have an expectation of results."

We have about 22,000 screaming fans and much milder expectations of results, unfortunately.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I agree with you, however, I don’t know the answer. What are your thoughts on expanding the fan fest, maybe have a band and barbeque, free for students and season ticket holders others pay a small fee.
http://www.dailycampus.com/sports/a-tradition-not-to-rent-1.2916522

Not a bad idea. Another one (especially considering that so many games are on the internet these days with no TV programming conflicts) is to push back start times to games to either later in the afternoon or night and open the gates up for tailgating earlier than the 4 hours before kickoff. 4PM or later kickoffs allow those students, who were most likely just getting to bed a few hours before the 8am alarm goes off, a chance to get some sleep, get organized and get to the stadium in plenty of time. I'm not sure how this would address the students leaving games early though...

I've always said building the stadium off campus was a mistake but it is what it is. Unless UConn has hundreds of millions of dollars of secret bank on its hands to build a new 60,000 seat on-campus stadium and address the infrastructure that would come with increasing the traffic flow to campus, then our stadium is our stadium and we have to figure out how to make it work for everyone.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
More 3:30 games should be scheduled. I hope computer streamed games aren't dictating start times.

Reaction Score
More 3:30 games should be scheduled. I hope computer streamed games aren't dictating start times.

You do know that UConn has zero control over the time of the game, right?

Reaction Score
The games on SNy and ESpn 3 we have no say? Wasn't aware of that. With the new contract is it possible to get more choice as to start times? I can see the weeknight starts as out of ouyr control but with the off campus stadium issue maybe we push for a change on Saturdays. Every Big East game doesn't have to start at noon.

Reaction Score
If we're on TV, the start time is dictated and, unless it's a night game, will be noon or 3:30. I believe that the internet games the start times are not dictated. I think the University selected 1:00 as its preferred time when given the choice last week.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If there isn't an official Dog Pound student organization, there should be.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Maybe we can push for a little flexibility as we are in a unique situation with the students riding buses. The Univ. will have to get a better read on what the students think. I know I'd like to see more 3:30 starts. With the new Big East the later starts would make more sense with the western teams coming east to play and their fans watching on the tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom