Isaiah Briscoe (Committed to Kentucky) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Isaiah Briscoe (Committed to Kentucky)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
"We will never compete with Kentucky."

& that is perfectly okay with me. I am pleased as punch that we don't have a slimy used car salesman as our head coach!

Reaction Score
I was so happy that someone made a new thread for Briscoe and I could stop looking at that other one. Then I read this and the feelings of reading that other thread came back....only on The Boneyard

C

Chief00

This story confirms what I was led to believe - the visit went excellent. 10 of 10 ain't bad. I think when a guy gets injuried (even if it's minor) it makes one want to take the ship earlier rather than later and lock it in - if you get injuried - so I see him committing in the Fall as he indicates.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Oooops....somehow missed the beginning of this and started the same thread again.....good news, though, for whatever it's worth.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I was thinking more along the lines of pro football, pro baseball, pro hockey, etc. There are Jets, Patriots and Giants fans, Yankee and Met diehards. Being a huge fan of a team is a big investment and it can be hard to be invested in more than 1. In Kentucky, there is UK and thats it. I am also kind of biased because in FC there is plenty to do and sometimes I forget that the whole state isn't like that.

Kentucky has plenty of exciting pro sporting events in-state . Kentucky Derby, Valhalla has hosted multiple majors and Ryder Cups, NASCAR racing, etc.

And let's not forget if you are ever bored there's the Corvette Hall of Fame in Bowling Green and there's always the Kentucky Bourbon trail to try out.

Reaction Score
Kentucky has plenty of exciting pro sporting events in-state . Kentucky Derby, Valhalla has hosted multiple majors and Ryder Cups, NASCAR racing, etc.

And let's not forget if you are ever bored there's the Corvette Hall of Fame in Bowling Green and there's always the Kentucky Bourbon trail to try out.
Kentucky has horses, Corvettes and whiskey.....I think you just proved his point that Kentucky kind of sucks.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Kentucky has horses, Corvettes and whiskey.....I think you just proved his point that Kentucky kind of sucks.

For most of the country, you take those three events and throw in world class golf and you have the perfect foursome.

If you look at sporting events within each state, Kentucky straight up thumps Connecticut. Which was my point in my original response. All the "big" sporting events touted in this thread require you to leave Ct.

Reaction Score
For most of the country, you take those three events and throw in world class golf and you have the perfect foursome.

If you look at sporting events within each state, Kentucky straight up thumps Connecticut. Which was my point in my original response. All the "big" sporting events touted in this thread require you to leave Ct.

Eh, KY is a bigger state. If you want to leave CT, you hop on a train in New Haven and you're in the continent's biggest city in 1 hr. plus. If you're in Paducah or Bowling Green, you need 3 hours to see a skyscraper.

Reaction Score

The Yankees, Giants, Knicks, Mets, Jets, Nets, Rangers, Celtics, Red Sox, Bruins, The US Open (tennis), all sorts of major events at MSG just off the top of my head. Pro sports near Kentucky, the Cincinnati Reds and Bengals, oh I forgot they have a Corvette museum and a couple of Nascar races. You're trying to say there is more going on in Kentucky then around CT. sports wise, this is so laughably stupid. I'm only mentioning the pro sports, if you also want to compare any cultural events, beaches. food etc. it becomes more laughable.

Reaction Score
Sorry I'm taking part in derailing the thread but sometimes you see something so ridiculous that you can't help yourself from commenting.

Reaction Score

I'm not from Connecticut, so I'm not that loyal to the state. But you can't ignore the fact that it's in New England and within two hours from NYC.

Kentucky is not near any of those things, so Connecticut wins.

Reaction Score
Bingo. There is tons to do in Fairfield County as well as Hartford County. Further, most of Litchfield, New Haven, Tolland Counties and several others are very close to plenty of things to do. I've never lived in a place where the natives thought there was stuff to do. People aren't looking for stuff to do, they are looking for stuff to do that isn't what they can do every day.

New Englanders are just inherently negative yet arrogant. "There is nothing to do here and my life is miserable, but at least it is so much better than everywhere else, the pay is higher, the schools are better, the seasons are nicer and the people are smarter and all others are either ghetto dwellers or hillbillies with a bad education and poor oral hygiene." It is a bizarre culture, but I still love it.

Please tell me what is there to do in ct. Im dying to know.

Reaction Score
You all realize that recruits picking between UConn and Kentucky generally don't GAF about museums, train rides to NYC, and whatever else is being argued about?

Yeah, we do realize that. I think the conversation is about why in the world 1000 Laurie Fines are hanging out behind barriers at the basketball dorms. And near as we can tell, it's because of the proximity of meth labs.

Reaction Score

Most city kids are not into NASCAR. I like our chances.

Reaction Score

Most city kids are not into NASCAR. I like our chances.

Reaction Score
Sorry I'm taking part in derailing the thread but sometimes you see something so ridiculous that you can't help yourself from commenting.

You pretty much took care of my responses for me while I was sleeping. I don't see the comparison between a nice golf course that sometimes has a tournament and a professional sports team.

I was talking about being a fan and not going to a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom