Isaiah Briscoe and 2000 other topics. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Isaiah Briscoe and 2000 other topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Although people bring this up a lot about the 04' team, Ben Gordon was equally as dominant and was viewed as the 1st option on offense.

<<<<Thumbs down. Only when Omeka is in foul trouble.

Gordon was an awesome offense player, especially when he is on, but no one other than Okafor had been more dominant and consistent and influential on both ends of courts. He was the best player in the country year 2014, at least in my book.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
<<<<Thumbs down. Only when Omeka is in foul trouble.

Gordon was an awesome offense player, especially when he is on, but no one other than Okafor had been more dominant and consistent and influential on both ends of courts. He was the best player in the country year 2014, at least in my book.

I would have said "fat fingers" but the 'O' is nowhere near the 'E'. I'll let the '1' instead of the '0' go though.

Reaction Score
tweets from a NJ HS reporter who has been covering Briscoe's recruitment.

Jeremy Schneider
‏@J_Schneider
Wonder where he wants to go RT @_IsaiahBriscoe: Kentucky

Jeremy Schneider
‏@J_Schneider
Haven’t seen Briscoe tweet about any school this summer. Hard to imagine him going anywhere other than UK at this point

Jeremy Schneider
‏@J_Schneider
All the talk of Briscoe staying local? Yeah, no. UK, UCONN > SJU, SHU, RU #NJhoops

Jeremy Schneider
‏@J_Schneider
My best guess with Briscoe RE: the locals? Wanted to keep his options open, didn’t think UK, UConn and Mizzou were on the table #NJhoops

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
tweets from a NJ HS reporter who has been covering Briscoe's recruitment.

Jeremy Schneider
‏@J_Schneider
Wonder where he wants to go RT @_IsaiahBriscoe: Kentucky

Jeremy Schneider
‏@J_Schneider
Haven’t seen Briscoe tweet about any school this summer. Hard to imagine him going anywhere other than UK at this point

Jeremy Schneider
‏@J_Schneider
All the talk of Briscoe staying local? Yeah, no. UK, UCONN > SJU, SHU, RU #NJhoops

Jeremy Schneider
‏@J_Schneider
My best guess with Briscoe RE: the locals? Wanted to keep his options open, didn’t think UK, UConn and Mizzou were on the table #NJhoops

I can imagine him coming to UConn without much difficulty. I just did it twice!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
UConn has very little shot here unless Kentucky somehow fills its card first.

A guy schools should consider recruiting is Charles Matthews.

His views on Kentucky might change if they get Briscoe and Blakeney as I believe they will.

Reaction Score
that was the first in-home for Briscoe, too:

Steve Jones ‏@SteveJones_CJ
John Calipari's visit to Isaiah Briscoe last night was the first where a college coach actually came to the home.

Reaction Score
First things first , come for the visit, and go from there. I agree it's a uphill battle and he sounds like Kentucky. How many ships to they get 30 a year.

Reaction Score
I agree with fishy
+1

And with Adam's on board, IMO, as good as Briscoe is, he does not fill what I think are greater needs. Adams although a 1/2 Combo who will probably play either guard spot well, fits our 1 quite well. If we bring in another guard, I'd like to see them bring a true 2 or 2/1 combo who has size, athleticism and can score. Briscoe from what I've seen looks more 1 than 2. He's a big kid, but reminded me more of Marcus Williams who was not a great athlete. He might be more athletic than I'm giving him credit for, but he didn't seem all that quick, though was sneaky quick with his first step and ability to handle in traffic. He used his strong body well to ward of defenders.

Don't get me wrong. He's very good and I'd welcome him, but I'd rather see us land recruits that fill more pressing needs, such as a wing (Jones or Clarke), another big (Stone) and more a true 2 or 2/1 combo (Newman...IMO unlikely to land here). Mack seems also in the mix and looks like a 2/3 combo that could fit well here ala J Lamb.

I just hope KO signs 4 to 5 talented recruits this fall. I'm okay if it turns out to be 3 and he holds one for the Spring or however long it takes to land one or more of Stone, Newman or Jones if any of them decide to wait till the spring or at least after the November signing period. Don't be shocked if some of these decide after November but not as late as the spring signing period. That way they don't have to...can't...sign an LOI locking them into the program they choose and giving them an out if the roster outlook doesn't shape up as they had hoped. Newman seems like a kid that could easily follow the likes of Mudiay to Europe for a year.

Reaction Score
What about Newman then if KY gets Briscoe and Blakeney?? They couldn't possibly sign all three.

Nobody seems to have a clue what Newman is thinking, but I cant imagine he goes to KY if they sign those two, so that should help our chances a lot if Newman really is considering us. I like Newman a lot more than Briscoe anyways. He is a stud.

Reaction Score
“[Calipari] didn’t offer, he said he doesn’t think it’s fair if he offered me and I was able to take the scholarship without going to see Kentucky,” Briscoe said. “He wants me to go visit and I’ll go visit within a couple weeks or so. He said he loves guards, he needs guards and the people that he puts in the NBA and what they’re doing in the NBA is shocking. It’s just a blessing”

LOL, Calipari is lying to the kid through his teeth. There's a reason he hasn't offered Briscoe, and it's not because the kid has never been to Kentucky.

pj

Reaction Score
Another lie:

"Calipari shared [to Briscoe] that his former players currently in the NBA are making more than $700 million — not including endorsement deals."

Kentucky's alumni NBA salaries were recently reported to total $65 million per year (http://kentuckysportsradio.com/1/big-blue-millionaires-uks-2012-13-nba-salaries/). Maybe their lifetime earnings will reach $700 million, if their careers are as long as Kevin Ollie's. But they certainly haven't earned anything like that amount yet, and to make it sound like that might be a single year's earnings is outright deceit.

Reaction Score
Another lie:

"Calipari shared [to Briscoe] that his former players currently in the NBA are making more than $700 million — not including endorsement deals."

Kentucky's alumni NBA salaries were recently reported to total $65 million per year (http://kentuckysportsradio.com/1/big-blue-millionaires-uks-2012-13-nba-salaries/). Maybe their lifetime earnings will reach $700 million, if their careers are as long as Kevin Ollie's. But they certainly haven't earned anything like that amount yet, and to make it sound like that might be a single year's earnings is outright deceit.

Snake Oil

Reaction Score

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
The Eddie Haskel of coaching.
It is amazing and to his credit that he recruits 9 McD AAs at a time. Getting most of them into the NBA is not all that amazing.
Can't stand him!

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Really doubt Kentucky gets Newman and Briscoe, and I think they will prioritize and land Newman. Where would that put Briscoe? Hopefully running into the arms of the program that just topped them in April.

Also, these kids aren't stupid. Briscoe knows why he wasn't offered I bet. But he's not going to tell an interviewer he's someone's second choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom