Is the replay of the Chattanooga game available? | The Boneyard

Is the replay of the Chattanooga game available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I tracked the game today, but wasn't able to watch it. I'm in San Diego and would like to watch it tonight if I can.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Man, every time they hit a commercial break, the video would freeze and then either jump back to the beginning of the game or jump forward to the end. By restarting it about a dozen times, I was able to see about 37 minutes of game time. Poor performance by ESPN 3.

Reaction Score
Man, every time they hit a commercial break, the video would freeze and then either jump back to the beginning of the game or jump forward to the end. By restarting it about a dozen times, I was able to see about 37 minutes of game time. Poor performance by ESPN 3.
Others had various complaints about the streaming, including (everyone) that it didn't start when the game started. But, than the start, I had no problems until the 4th quarter when it froze 2-3 times, lost sound for a minute or so too.

Reaction Score
Reading a lot of complaints on various posts about ESPN 3 streaming. I used to have a lot of trouble with the screen freezing last year, but after borrowing my daughter's Mac when she was home, I finally realized the problem was with my laptop. I went online to diagnose how to resolve the problem and had to download a fix (some driver, but can't remember exactly what it was). Since I don't get SNY I watch all their games on espn 3 (either live or replay) and have no problems*. I also watch a lot of soccer game replays. I believe in most cases the problems you are experiencing are probably due to your computer, router, or cable company.

An interesting note about the timing. If you watch on two different laptops at the same time (from the same router) they will not be exactly synced. They might be 5 to 10 seconds different. Different buffering I guess. Also, even crazier, they'll sometimes have different commercials.

* Except for trying to scroll on the bottom of the screen to skip commercials or half time on replay. That often doesn't work well and you need to be real careful if you don't know the score because it often jumps to the end of the game.

Reaction Score
I thought it was just me. I had sound for about 25% of the game, had the play jump back to the beginning at the end of the first quarter, and a number of other problems. Scrolling forward caused the system to lock up for several minutes at a time. I gave up halfway through the 2nd. It was simply unwatchable.

Reaction Score
An interesting note about the timing. If you watch on two different laptops at the same time (from the same router) they will not be exactly synced. They might be 5 to 10 seconds different. Different buffering I guess. Also, even crazier, they'll sometimes have different commercials.
Yesterday I did that a little bit because the stream didn't start until after the game started and I thought it might be my iPad. So I started up the stream on my Mac, using Safari so I could keep my Chrome session open. Then I went back to the Mac again when I noticed my iPad stream was running a minute or so behind everyone's BY game reports. The Mac Safari stream was more than a minute ahead of the iPad Safari stream (same router), different commercials too - ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom