Is one of your UConn WBB seasons a sentimental favorite? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is one of your UConn WBB seasons a sentimental favorite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
This is sort of like - 'so, do tell me, which of your children do you love the most'!!! :confused::eek::)

Because really ... I have lived and died with each year's team, and thinking about the heartbreaks and what ifs and passion of each team is pretty special. Even in the dark days of 1996-1999 and 2005-2008, those teams were pretty special.
It has become so much easier to follow the teams since the advent of streaming - I believe I haven't missed a single game in that stretch. The earlier seasons were piecemeal depending on whether I happened to be in the CPTV footprint on the night during the non-national broadcasts. Thank goodness for the horde and some pretty good sports journalism.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
2013 got me back on the bandwagon.I remember the exact play that did it. I hadn't been paying too much attention that year. Out of the blue my GF suggests we go to the women's NCAA game against Vandy. Why not? So there was this play where Stewie was ahead of the pack driving to the hoop with one Vandy player back first. I remember thinking "I've seen this all before, contact, ball goes flying, call depends how the ref feels." Instead, Stewie makes a sliding, inside cut and lays the ball in as pretty as you please. The fact there was no contact didn't keep the Vandy player from flying backward like she was hit by a cannon ball. This freshman can play! And so can that frosh PG. That tournament was a nice ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom