Is Dennis Scott right? | The Boneyard

Is Dennis Scott right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He said it's key for Phoenix to slow the game down. Huh?

I don;t think that's they key at all nor should it be a strategy of Phoenix.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I think he forgot that BG runs pretty well. He seemed to think that BG needed a slower game to be effective.

Reaction Score
Yeah - Griner runs well enough and DT is more than just a hallfcourt passer and Penny is a quick strike player and Bohner runs well and can get open for 3's etc. He changed his tune at halftime. Phoenix doesn't want to have to grind a game.

Too bad this series can't go 7.

Reaction Score
Phoenix is ready! Griner has probably been the difference all year; Obvious from the palpable reduction in the criticisms leveled against her here on is board as opposed to last season. she was the obvious first choice and she is going to be a force in the league for many years to come. Like her, dislike her, love her, hate her, she is not going anywhere.

Reaction Score
Yeah - Griner runs well enough and DT is more than just a hallfcourt passer and Penny is a quick strike player and Bohner runs well and can get open for 3's etc. He changed his tune at halftime. Phoenix doesn't want to have to grind a game.

Too bad this series can't go 7.

Good point.

The league has outgrown the short playoff game scenario. The 1st round should be at least 5 games and the rest should be 7 games. These players are too good to be limited to 3/5 game series.

Pretty rediculous.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Phoenix is ready! Griner has probably been the difference all year; Obvious from the palpable reduction in the criticisms leveled against her here on is board as opposed to last season. she was the obvious first choice and she is going to be a force in the league for many years to come. Like her, dislike her, love her, hate her, she is not going anywhere.

What is so apparent is her obvious athleticism
which was not as apparent at Baylor.
She runs the floor, dribbles like forward
has a fab mid-range jumper.
This young woman is a fabulous athlete.
Not just an oversized freak of nature.

Reaction Score
At some point Geno was asked about that game in which Baylor lost o Louisville and he said either directly or indirectly (implied) that for her career he wouldn't have pinned her down in the paint. He explained how she couldn't "move" inside and needed to have a face-up game not just from the inside. His vision of what a player can be is special. Now as the poster ETThas said, we see BG has a face-up game outside of the paint. I didn't see many games of Baylor but I saw quite a bit of that Louisville game,. AT UCONN if BG came, we would have seen her knock down jumpers outside of the paint. As ETT suggested, she probably had it but KM just didn't want to see it.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
What is so apparent is her obvious athleticism
which was not as apparent at Baylor.
She runs the floor, dribbles like forward
has a fab mid-range jumper.
This young woman is a fabulous athlete.
Not just an oversized freak of nature.
it was apparent to me... but when you're not surrounded by the best of the best you're not able to shine.

if you was playing beside DT you'll look awesome as well

old phrase "she makes everyone around her better"

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
What DaddyChoc said about DT.

Plus, one of the things I personally harp on, the difference in the game and the way it is played. Which really comes down to DaddyChoc's first point. Her role at Baylor was different because it was predicated on the need for her to be effective based on the competition she was facing and the skills of her teammates.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Don't agree
Her sheer athleticism is on the display here.
When she takes her mid-range turnaround or dribbles up the court,
it has nothing to do with Diana.

Reaction Score
not a chance after what she said about Mulkey
Haha - just a rhetorical question, but wouldn't it be ironic if some rich anonymous alum donated a BG statue? I suppose they would have to plant it on private property across the street from the arena.

Reaction Score
it was apparent to me... but when you're not surrounded by the best of the best you're not able to shine.

if you was playing beside DT you'll look awesome as well

old phrase "she makes everyone around her better"

They played together last year and Griner still was under performing.

I think the coaching change is making the difference. The coach knows exactly what will make them work together and they've bought in to her philosphy.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
They played together last year and Griner still was under performing.

I think the coaching change is making the difference. The coach knows exactly what will make them work together and they've bought in to her philosphy.
she was also a rookie last year things don't happen right away #conlon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69