Is Brianna scrimmaging yet? | The Boneyard

Is Brianna scrimmaging yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
The Adamec article described Stef playing in a couple of scrimmages recently. There was a positive mention from Fuller that Banks was moving well and doing shooting drills a few days ago. It has been just about 5 months from her surgery...I would think it's a bit early for her to be actually playing. Does anyone know? Wonder how Saniya is adjusting to the higher level...any Horde reports on her?

Reaction Score
Jackie MacMullan, sportswriter and ESPN "Around the Horn" panelist says it takes one year physically and two years mentally to recover from an ACL. From my 23 years of watching the girls, I would agree.

Reaction Score
Doty was fine during her freshman year after the high school injury and did good after the 2nd at UConn. The 3rd one really slowed her down.

The Uconn Staff knows how to handle this injury and I hope BB will be ready to go this year. She was really playing well before she went down.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
yup....nope....yup...NOPE

Arrrrghhh, it's KILLING me!!!

Reaction Score
Jackie MacMullan, sportswriter and ESPN "Around the Horn" panelist says it takes one year physically and two years mentally to recover from an ACL. From my 23 years of watching the girls, I would agree.

I think she's guilty of a major generalization that is not true more often than it is true. It depends on the player and on whether there were complications other than the ACL. There are many who are ready to play in 6 months and back at full strength in less than 9 months. Over the 20+ years I've coached and watched girls sports, I've seen many at 100% in 7 or 8 months. But others took far longer.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The Adamec article described Stef playing in a couple of scrimmages recently. There was a positive mention from Fuller that Banks was moving well and doing shooting drills a few days ago. It has been just about 5 months from her surgery...I would think it's a bit early for her to be actually playing. Does anyone know? Wonder how Saniya is adjusting to the higher level...any Horde reports on her?
From the video posted a couple day ago on Banks, it doesn't look like she is at the point in her rehab where she would be scrimmaging. In it she talked about being 2 months out from being released to play this season.

Reaction Score
Dec might be too early for BB.......Maybe, late Jan...........

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score

When I had my ACL replaced (and 30% of the lateral meniscus in the same knee removed), I was allowed to return to all activities excluding those requiring cutting (i.e. no tennis :( , basketball, soccer) after 5 months of conscientious rehab. I could jog, jump, do step aerobics, rowing machine, etc. The excluded activities were allowed after 6 months. And I was an old fart, who heals less quickly than these young squirts, and had a semi-conservative orthopod. By the end of the 6 months everything about the leg felt normal except for the numb skin patch below my kneecap. And my thighs were stronger than they were before surgery thanks to the rehab work.

Here is the ACL rehab protocol from one of the premier orthopedic clinics in the U.S. When reading it, keep the last statement on the page in mind.

Brianna might feel tentative about contact and going full speed, but if the rehab work has been put in, as it appears it has, it seems likely she'll be allowed to play when practice opens.

Here's hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc