• Yes

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
OP is dumb as hell but the odds are always 100% that any negative Yankee post is ALWAYS followed by an Ortiz post.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I think that's right, I don't really care and for some odd reason drug use is rampant and fine in football and largely untested in basketball (they telegraph their tests so really easy to cycle & avoid) and no one cares. But somehow because ARod is such a narcissist I do care if he has the gall to cheat again. He's kind of like the baseball version of Lance Armstrong - such a blatant cheater and egotist that watching him get a comeuppance never gets old.

I think baseball's obsession with stats and records and "the purity of the game" is why people care so much more about PED use in baseball. I agree that it's silly.

I wish there were no PED's anywhere in sports but they're obviously wide spread. Baseball has done a relatively good job cracking down on it - the decline in offense is undeniable - but they're never going to fully go away.

I like the half season, full season, lifetime punishment system baseball uses. I think the percentage of players using is at least low enough that punishing the ones that get caught with hefty suspensions is enough to keep the game "clean enough." If you dropped today's system in 15 years ago, you probably would have suspended over half the league for 80 games a pop.

Reaction Score
There's "not exactly saints", and then there's "undermining the game".

I know the difference, and I'm not a fan of what Arod did, but what do you expect Yankee fans and Arod to do. He served his year long suspension, am I supposed to route for Arod to strike out and boo him when he hits a gw hr. The world isn't perfect and neither are sports there will always be someone who uses PEDS in any sport. Like Mau said I route for the uniform, the best way Arod can pay me back as a fan is by performing on the field. The Yankees are 15 games above .500 and thats all I care about something I never would have expected. As long as I'm happy thats all that matters I don't care if other fans are unhappy. The world is an ugly place and so is sports, winning is all I care about. If we weren't Uconn fans would we all hate Jim Calhoun?

Reaction Score
I think baseball's obsession with stats and records and "the purity of the game" is why people care so much more about PED use in baseball. I agree that it's silly.

I wish there were no PED's anywhere in sports but they're obviously wide spread. Baseball has done a relatively good job cracking down on it - the decline in offense is undeniable - but they're never going to fully go away.

I like the half season, full season, lifetime punishment system baseball uses. I think the percentage of players using is at least low enough that punishing the ones that get caught with hefty suspensions is enough to keep the game "clean enough." If you dropped today's system in 15 years ago, you probably would have suspended over half the league for 80 games a pop.
It'd be interesting if MLB offered ALL suspected PED users amnesty if they confess and agree to the 20-33% stats reduction that 538 pitched. And add that to the penalties if you are active and get caught. One positive and your career stats get the 2/3rds treatment.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/...oid-users-should-lose-a-third-of-their-stats/

Reaction Score
OP is dumb as hell but the odds are always 100% that any negative Yankee post is ALWAYS followed by an Ortiz post.
I graduated from UConn what an insult..

And by the way my original post is a fair question regardless of what team I like.

No one in the world thought ARod would be doing this right now. A lot of people thought his arms or legs would fall off by the end of April..Yankees fans included.

2 of the top projection stats had A-Rod at 10 HR/30-35 RBi's this year, for the whole year. He's at what, 24 HR already with 1/3 of the year to go? Likely to finish with 35?.

I mean come on people. Let's not overreact here, even if you do like to hump anything with pinstripes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I mean come on people. Let's not overreact here, even if you do like to hump anything with pinstripes.

My problem is not Red Sox fans calling out ARod for possibly juicing, it's their complete denial about Ortiz. They can't even admit he failed that drug test.

So when they make threads like this, you are getting Ortiz called out. They tell you what garbage ARod is, then vote for and tell you why Ortiz is one of their Franchise Four.

Reaction Score
Dodging what issue? That Big Papi (who is 4 months younger than ARod) is given a pass for using? Red Sox fans call out ARod but vote Big Papi as a Franchise Four, it's ludicrous.
I post a valid question about A-rod's season and you immediately respond with a David Ortiz retort. you're dodging my question. Do you think he's using?

Reaction Score
I graduated from UConn what an insult..

And by the way my original post is a fair question regardless of what team I like.

No one in the world thought ARod would be doing this right now. A lot of people thought his arms or legs would fall off by the end of April..Yankees fans included.

2 of the top projection stats had A-Rod at 10 HR/30-35 RBi's this year, for the whole year. He's at what, 24 HR already with 1/3 of the year to go? Likely to finish with 35?.

I'm a Sox fan..

Reaction Score
Ortiz took supplements back in 2003 when a lot of players were using them...4 of the 100 caught got outed, and ortiz was one of them.
So that means we assume for the last 12 years he is juicing?
I suppose if you are a NY fan the answer is yes.

Reaction Score
Ortiz took supplements back in 2003 when a lot of players were using them...4 of the 100 caught got outed, and ortiz was one of them.
So that means we assume for the last 12 years he is juicing?
I suppose if you are a NY fan the answer is yes.

"Supplements":rolleyes:

Reaction Score
So I don't hump anything with pinstripes and this thread is dumb
Why is it dumb? 90% of baseball fans probably assume right now A-Rod is doing something illegal since his performance is so far beyond expectations.

Reaction Score
Why is it dumb? 90% of baseball fans probably assume right now A-Rod is doing something illegal since his performance is so far beyond expectations.

You know most of those low expectations were based on him not playing right? Everyone, including me, thought he would be to injured to play.

Reaction Score
You know most of those low expectations were based on him not playing right? Everyone, including me, thought he would be to injured to play.

Some thought he wouldn't play.

Some thought he would play but he'd be a marginal player.

I don't recall any NY fans saying, boy if we can only get Alex on the field this year, he's really gonna be a top 10 offensive force in baseball. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Well he says he took supplements and he also asked MLB to tell him what he tested postive for but they refused.

You do know that steroids were 100% legal, over the counter in the Dominican Republic (where he lived) at that time and he said he bought legal items.

Reaction Score
You do know that steroids were 100% legal, over the counter in the Dominican Republic (where he lived) at that time and he said he bought legal items.
So lets say it wasn't supplements in 2003, it was a steroid.

What's your point regarding 2004-2015? That he's just constantly outsmarting everyone even as he is telling reporters a few years ago that MLB should ban users?

Reaction Score
I don't recall any NY fans saying, boy if we can only get Alex on the field this year, he's really gonna be a top 10 offensive force in baseball. :rolleyes:

He is 48th in MLB hitters in WAR.

Reaction Score
So lets say it wasn't supplements in 2003, it was a steroid.

What's your point regarding 2004-2015? That he's just constantly outsmarting everyone even as he is telling reporters a few years ago that MLB should ban users?

How many times did ARod test positive in that time? You know Ortiz and ARod were friends?

Reaction Score
He is 48th in MLB hitters in WAR.
Does WAR include defense?

He is now 4th in the AL in OPS. But yes, what a stupid thread this is after what transpired between MLB, the NY Yankees organization and A-Rod over the past 2 years.

Reaction Score
How many times did ARod test positive in that time? You know Ortiz and ARod were friends?
Of course my follow up is if they were both friends and both using roids at the same time, why weren't they both in Bosch's book, when it seemed other friends of A Rods were in it.

Reaction Score
Of course my follow up is if they were both friends and both using roids at the same time, why weren't they both in Bosch's book, when it seemed other friends of A Rods were in it.

Why aren't they friends anymore and Ortiz pissed at him?

Reaction Score
Despite all the NY speculation, all we know for sure about Ortiz post-2003 is that he hasn't been found guilty of anything in 12 years. No failed drug test, no names in a book or some lab, no slip-ups what so ever.

Let's keep the focus on the man who sued the NY Yankees 18 months ago and at the age of 39/40 is now 4th in the AL in OPS with the chance in another week or so to be 3rd in OPS right behind Mike Trout and Miguel Cabrera.

Zyron, do you think he's clean?

Reaction Score
Despite all the NY speculation, all we know for sure about Ortiz post-2003 is that he hasn't been found guilty of anything in 12 years. No failed drug test, no names in a book or some lab, no slip-ups what so ever.

Let's keep the focus on the man who sued the NY Yankees 18 months ago and at the age of 39/40 is now 4th in the AL in OPS with the chance in another week or so to be 3rd in OPS right behind Mike Trout and Miguel Cabrera.

Zyron, do you think he's clean?
ARod is probably not clean, the whole Yankee team must be on the juice. 15 runs in 3 outs tonight with 3 touchdowns. Do you believe Ortiz is clean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom