Interesting tweet by Jeff Jacobs | The Boneyard

Interesting tweet by Jeff Jacobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
  1. Most think that it will be announcing a new Hockey Arena. Supposedly UConn joining Hockey East requires a new arena. Some on the Men's board would like to see UConn build a new 13K plus arena that would accommodate both Basketball and Hocky.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
  1. Most think that it will be announcing a new Hockey Arena. Supposedly UConn joining Hockey East requires a new arena. Some on the Men's board would like to see UConn build a new 13K plus arena that will accommodate both Basketball and Hocky.
As long as it has all seat backs and none of those awful bleacher seats, I would be all for this. I might even reconsider getting season tickets to Gampel. Of course, there is that parking and infrastructure issue that would need to be addressed. It is painful getting on and off campus for games at Gampel.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Some have also said/speculated that after the new hockey arena, Gample will be completely renovated as well. It's about time I say!

Reaction Score
ericsandiego said:
Some have also said/speculated that after the new hockey arena, Gample will be completely renovated as well. It's about time I say!

Yes indeed.

Reaction Score
Build it and they will come.........Who said that?......

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Imagine if the education building got such renovations! :)
Why? Do they have concrete bench seating in the education building? ;)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Imagine if the education building got such renovations! :)
They have built some really interesting new science buildings over the last ten years, so education hasn't been completely ignored.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
As long as it has all seat backs and none of those awful bleacher seats, I would be all for this. I might even reconsider getting season tickets to Gampel. Of course, there is that parking and infrastructure issue that would need to be addressed. It is painful getting on and off campus for games at Gampel.
The getting on and off campus by the BB crowds is painful for us folks with houses in the neighborhood too!:rolleyes::eek:

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
The getting on and off campus by the BB crowds is painful for us folks with houses in the neighborhood too!:rolleyes::eek:

If they were to make Gampel all seatback, the congestion problem will be addresses somewhat as the seating capacity would be reduced to closer to 8K from the 10K+ it is now. Not sure the vi$ion of the Athletic Admini$tration would go in that direction.

Reaction Score
video.cgi

picture worth all the talk

Reactions: HGN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads