Interesting quote by Kiah | The Boneyard

Interesting quote by Kiah

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
In the Post article linked by Nan...

"We have really great shooters, but if we can't do stuff in the post then they're just going to deny all of our shooters,'' Stokes said. "But if we develop a post game it definitely opens up room for our shooters and for us. Teams are going to have trouble picking which way they want to get beat, whether in the post or on the outside.''

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

"We have really great shooters, but if we can't do stuff in the post then they're just going to deny all of our shooters,'' Stokes said. "But if we develop a post game it definitely opens up room for our shooters and for us. Teams are going to have trouble picking which way they want to get beat, whether in the post or on the outside.''
Sounds like Geno-talk. :)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Sounds like Geno-talk. :)

Sounds like 'ownership' - to which I say, YES!

Reaction Score
Obviously repeating what the coaching staff has been telling the team going into the weekend. There was seemed to be a bigger emphasis to work the ball into the post thru all 3 games this weekend.

Reaction Score
Obviously repeating what the coaching staff has been telling the team going into the weekend. There was seemed to be a bigger emphasis to work the ball into the post thru all 3 games this weekend.
Sounds like she was paying attention when Geno spoke. That's a good thing.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Well if there was ever a time for Kiah to work on expanding her offensive post presence and scoring, I reckon the last 3 games would be a good start.......

:)

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Good for you Kiah. As my HS football coach said, many times..."First you think it, then you believe it, then you do it"...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
She had such a great game. Kiah has a terrific free throw but generally does not take mid range or deep jumpers (I think she had one in the game yesterday). This highlights the reason you need a "banger" in the post, something which Geno does not yet have when Kiah graduates (and I'm referring to size. 6'1" Morgan Tuck notwithstanding)...

Reaction Score
Kiah's new found confidence that she has always had, now she is proving it to herself. Kiah makes this UCONN team unbeatable..........Front court, Kiah, Dolson, Stewart, Tuck and KML...Who matches up with that group?............I cannot wait to see her next Sunday against OSU.........

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Over the last four games, our opponents turned away from driving into the paint when Kiah was on the floor. Total intimidation by Kiah on defense. Her movement on defense is amazing. You have forwards trying to dribble past her and she quickly cuts off their path. Watch Kiah's eyes as a player comes to the basket - she's lining them up for a block!

Add this to Stef and Stewie blocking shots and intimidating opponents, we have a monster front line!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Over the last four games, our opponents turned away from driving into the paint when Kiah was on the floor. Total intimidation by Kiah on defense.

Sorta like.......

Great-white-shark-27eip53.jpg

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Geno said this specifically about MoJeff's performance last year vs this year, but I think it applies to Kiah as well over the last two years 'after every play she would look over at the bench to see what the reaction was'. They are both just playing this year and enjoying doing what they do so well. (Same could be said about Banks during her freshman year, too.)

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Over the last four games, our opponents turned away from driving into the paint when Kiah was on the floor. Total intimidation by Kiah on defense. Her movement on defense is amazing. You have forwards trying to dribble past her and she quickly cuts off their path. Watch Kiah's eyes as a player comes to the basket - she's lining them up for a block!
Sorta like.......

Great-white-shark-27eip53.jpg

My sister and I were saying the same thing about Kiah, in fact, laughing every time we saw the opponent hit reverse when they saw Kiah looming over them...the shark is great imagery....just waiting...and smiling....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My sister and I were saying the same thing about Kiah, in fact, laughing every time we saw the opponent hit reverse when they saw Kiah looming over them...the shark is great imagery....just waiting...and smiling....
And I thought the only lurkers were on the Boneyard. :)

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
And I thought the only lurkers were on the Boneyard. :)

LOL - really, Kiah is fun to watch...I get a little discouraged when I see her check out from time to time, but those instances are getting less and less frequent. She showed some real aggressive basketball yesterday, too. It especially showed up towards the end of the game after a questionable foul (I think) where she clearly didn't agree with the call - she came back up the court and her inner beast came out as she ripped down a rebound or two, and really it is fun to see teams throw it into reverse when they see her coming to guard them. I have noticed this in other games as well. She has power and I think that she is starting to realize just how much influence she has in games. I am loving it as she is one of my favorite players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom