Interesting Article about Diaco | The Boneyard

Interesting Article about Diaco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Good read indeed. My favorite quote:

"It's early," Fleming said. "I don't think he recruited anyone there. Once those guys buy into what at he's coaching and his style, they'll be fine. It was a tough season, but he knows those guys are starting to believe in what he's coaching. Once that happens, it's going to be a whole different program. … I'm excited to see where it goes."

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Good read indeed. My favorite quote:

"It's early," Fleming said. "I don't think he recruited anyone there. Once those guys buy into what at he's coaching and his style, they'll be fine. It was a tough season, but he knows those guys are starting to believe in what he's coaching. Once that happens, it's going to be a whole different program. … I'm excited to see where it goes."

I'm going to see if Fleming wants to join up with me and my crew on a 3-game pack... :cool:

Reaction Score
Sorry, I posted this not knowing that you beat me to the punch. This is what I have believed all along about Diaco.
He is a different breed of cat but one that will turn UCONN around.
No problem...maybe we can get the threads merged.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Cue the snarky "Mrs. Diaco" reply from the peanut gallery.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Cue the snarky "Mrs. Diaco" reply from the peanut gallery.

Stair -

You know I want to....LOL - Not really!!

I hope he is the right coach, I pray he is the right coach -

Reaction Score
Everyone wants him to succeed. Everyone knows he hasn't had a chance to field his roster. Everyone saw some glaring issues that had nothing to do with personel like getting plays in on time. Like shutting down a passing game completely against USF, powerhouse that they were and all. Like @Waquoit said, P had the likes Demarcus Ware and Dwight Freeny singing his praises. How that work out for us?

Reaction Score
Everyone wants him to succeed. Everyone knows he hasn't had a chance to field his roster. Everyone saw some glaring issues that had nothing to do with personel like getting plays in on time. Like shutting down a passing game completely against USF, powerhouse that they were and all. Like @Waquoit said, P had the likes Demarcus Ware and Dwight Freeny singing his praises. How that work out for us?

It didn't work for UCONN but he had a lot of success at Syracuse. His Syracuse teams were mediocre the last three years or so. Not sure what happened but to say he wasn't worthy of praise during his career is frankly unfair. He is after all the winningest coach in Big East history.
http://cuse.com/sports/2001/8/30/pasqualonibio.aspx

Reaction Score
It didn't work for UCONN but he had a lot of success at Syracuse. His Syracuse teams were mediocre the last three years or so. Not sure what happened but to say he wasn't worthy of praise during his career is frankly unfair. He is after all the winningest coach in Big East history.
http://cuse.com/sports/2001/8/30/pasqualonibio.aspx
Point is, ex-player praise is meaningless and by no means any indication that the guy will succeed at his current job. Sio Moore and Kendall Reyes both praised P as well in aiding their developments into pro's.

Diaco had his time where he had all this praise heaped upon him already. The early results on his coaching left many unimpressed. We are all hoping he does well, his results will tell the story not feel good stories from ex players. The time for feeling good about that stuff has passed. For me anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom