In the immortal words of khalid el-amin | The Boneyard

In the immortal words of khalid el-amin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"We're gonna shock the world"

Im feeling really good about this year
-shabazz, niels, and tyler a final chance to relive another championship and leave a lasting final mark
-shabazz leadership akin to kembas (last years overtime production a good indication)
-something to play for now - chip on everyones shoulders
-giffey a senior who has steadily improved and reminds me of a ricky moore
-boatright shabazz and deandre all very capable scorers and nba talents
-freshman year coaching jitters out of the way for a more seasoned ko
-chemistry seems to be off the charts and of course thats important
-i just simply feel good about these circumstances

Reaction Score
"We're gonna shock the world"

Im feeling really good about this year
-shabazz, niels, and tyler a final chance to relive another championship and leave a lasting final mark
-shabazz leadership akin to kembas (last years overtime production a good indication)
-something to play for now - chip on everyones shoulders
-boatright shabazz and deandre all very capable scorers and nba talents
-chemistry seems to be off the charts and of course thats important
-i just simply feel good about these circumstances

I'm in.

Reaction Score
I hear ya. I like our chances this year. We are most definitely going to shock some people. Let's go, Huskies!!

Reaction Score
I really want to beat Louisville just once in the regular season...OK...and once more in the AAC tourney

Reaction Score
isn't the quote ,"we shocked the world"?
I looked for the video on youtube without success but in a pregame interview he said "we're gonna shock the world" then of course after winning it all he yelled we shocked the world

Reaction Score
I looked for the video on youtube without success but in a pregame interview he said "we're gonna shock the world" then of course after winning it all he yelled we shocked the world
I have the video and he says "We Plan to Shock the World Today"

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Coaching is about finding and exploiting mismatches, and I think Ollie has enough versatile players that he'll be able to find plenty of mismatches. Giffey will be the key; when needed, he can play the 3, 4, or 5, depending on what kind of lineup the other team throws our way. Although I suspect he'll see very little time at the 5 this year. If we stay healthy, and Omar, Boat, and Nolan make the improvements I think they're capable of, this can be a top 10 team.

Reaction Score
Bazz was instructed by Calhoun, skilled by Ollie and mentored under Kemba. All having NBA ties. Not sure if we ever had a leader with such pedigree that also wears a ring. I really hope the team 'follows' his lead(ership), because he's ready.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Although my national flag blue glasses usually help me see things in a very optimistic light regarding the team, I do find a few of your points questionable.

Kemba was a singular entity, and what he did in the post season won't be duplicated. It was way more than leadership.

Giffey is a good player and decent defender. Ricky Moore was the most spectacularly gifted defensive guard we've ever seen at UConn. He struck fear into the heart and mind of the other team's top scorer, game in and game out. No one is actually afraid of Neil. Who kows? Maybe by year's end they will be. But we've seen nothing to indicate that's a sure thing.

I don't recall seeing any coaching jitters last season. From the first moment, even without a real contract, the man had a well thought out plan, and the utmost confidence in that plan.

Reaction Score
To compare anyone to Ricky Moore defensively is just plain silly. Ricky was off the charts defensively.

Reaction Score
Must be Friday. I was thinking "I'll have another donut".

But "We'll shock the world" is just as good.

Reaction Score
Must be Friday. I was thinking "I'll have another donut".

But "We'll shock the world" is just as good.

Close enough. They never actually said "Play it again, Sam" in Casablanca either.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm part of the world and it won't be shocking to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom