In-depth post from Nova fan on Bazz | The Boneyard

In-depth post from Nova fan on Bazz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Super awesome read. Well thought out, well informed, and objective. I can't say I would disagree with any of his points--although I might add that Napier's prolonged shooting slump coincided with Daniels injury and subsequent mid-season disappearance. That forced a lot more of the offensive burden onto SN--on top of the already heavy amount.

Reaction Score
Super awesome read. Well thought out, well informed, and objective. I can't say I would disagree with any of his points--although I might add that Napier's prolonged shooting slump coincided with Daniels injury and subsequent mid-season disappearance. That forced a lot more of the offensive burden onto SN--on top of the already heavy amount.

His slump also coincided with his finger injury that was only mentioned one time by our beat writers, I believe. I think Bazz mentioned it in one article where he mentioned that it was causing his shot to be a little flat but the whole thing was kept very DL.

Reaction Score
I also thought it was interesting, though not shocking, that 59% of his threes were unassisted. For comparison's sake, Niels and Deandre's figures were 0% and 2%, respectively. Those of us who have played can attest to the degree of difficulty factor in terms of shooting off the dribble vs. catch-and-shoot. To me this implies Bazz could be an even deadlier shooter from deep if somebody else would do the creating for him on a more frequent basis-

Reaction Score
Good read, very creative………but the backhanding of the Huskies was there often nonetheless……..talented but definitely pro-VU as expected…..

2. yB note:Is it worth mentioning that both of UCONN's wins came in extremely weak seasons?

Guess he's right in a way as Nova was hardly competitive! ;)

Reaction Score
2. yB note:Is it worth mentioning that both of UCONN's wins came in extremely weak seasons?

This seems like a meaningless comment. Is he defining a "weak season" as one where the pre-tourney favorites failed to win the whole thing?

You could also look at it the exact opposite way, that this season was strong because low seeded teams were making it difficult for high seeded teams.

Reaction Score
This seems like a meaningless comment. Is he defining a "weak season" as one where the pre-tourney favorites failed to win the whole thing?

You could also look at it the exact opposite way, that this season was strong because low seeded teams were making it difficult for high seeded teams.

I think it was a "weak season" in the sense that the overall quality of the top teams was lower than in most seasons. The Florida team that was probably the best team in the country overall simply wasn't loaded with talent.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Good read, very creative………but the backhanding of the Huskies was there often nonetheless……..talented but definitely pro-VU as expected…..

Guess he's right in a way as Nova was hardly competitive! ;)
If they were such weak seasons, why didn't everyone else win? Such a weird comment on an otherwise great piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom