Improving Football Gameday Experience | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Improving Football Gameday Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Response below.

First of all - it's great that you are engaging the ticket holders like this.

There's no one thing. Don't be satisfied to improve one thing - improve EVERYTHING, our football future depends on it. My wife and I will support no matter what, but not everyone will.

Tickets, parking, and refreshments are too costly for a family, particularly when the team is struggling or playing uninteresting opponents - it doesn't leave one feeling like they got value for their money or time. While I'm much more emotionally invested in UConn and would pay more for the experience, the Rock Cats are a great example of family friendly pricing top to bottom.

Make the experience better for the students. Drop the busses off in Red Lot, not at the main gate. Have an organized Red Lot tailgate for them and feed them. Let them swipe for either a tailagte meal or refreshments inside. Give them incentives to stay until the end (or charge extra to leave early)

Have you ever measured how far it is from the farthest part of Red Lot to the stadium gates? It's over a mile. Have trolleys/shuttles run continuously to the gates.

Reconsider lot naming schemes - For example, Red 1, Red 2, Gray 1, Gray 2, etc. with obvious row markers. It would help make it easier to meet friends, since "Gray Lot" isn't nearly specific enough.

Consider general admission seating outside of the 20's - this gives people incentive to show up early to get the best seats.

More UCMB.

Do whatever it takes to get out of the AAC.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Response below.

First of all - it's great that you are engaging the ticket holders like this.

There's no one thing. Don't be satisfied to improve one thing - improve EVERYTHING, our football future depends on it. My wife and I will support no matter what, but not everyone will.

Tickets, parking, and refreshments are too costly for a family, particularly when the team is struggling or playing uninteresting opponents - it doesn't leave one feeling like they got value for their money or time. While I'm much more emotionally invested in UConn and would pay more for the experience, the Rock Cats are a great example of family friendly pricing top to bottom.

Make the experience better for the students. Drop the busses off in Red Lot, not at the main gate. Have an organized Red Lot tailgate for them and feed them. Let them swipe for either a tailagte meal or refreshments inside. Give them incentives to stay until the end (or charge extra to leave early)

Have you ever measured how far it is from the farthest part of Red Lot to the stadium gates? It's over a mile. Have trolleys/shuttles run continuously to the gates.

Reconsider lot naming schemes - For example, Red 1, Red 2, Gray 1, Gray 2, etc. with obvious row markers. It would help make it easier to meet friends, since "Gray Lot" isn't nearly specific enough.

Consider general admission seating outside of the 20's - this gives people incentive to show up early to get the best seats.

More UCMB.

Do whatever it takes to get out of the AAC.

Nicely done. I wanted to write about the students but couldn't fit it.

Reaction Score
Man this great stuff. I mainly just said they desperately have to get out of the Dumpster Fire conference they're in now OR massively ramp up the OOC opponents, because what they're rolling out there right now bores me to tears.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I just emphasized that they should fix the parking, and a little bit of the price advantages of having season tickets versus game by game. Those two things should be "no-brainers", which is probably why I came up with the idea of emphasizing them. Here's hoping for an awesome 2015, after we sweep the last three games of 2014...

Reaction Score
the answer is simply revenue totals

huskies need a regime that can get foosbal in 30-40mil gross/yr range (see syr, bc, pit who now enjoy p5 & rightly so)

huskies last yr did 11.1mil & it looks like they are going in wrong direction in tabulation so p5 chance is nil and best hope is to resurrect Yankee Conference with current regime at this time (p5 scenes require a hopeful to add value to grouping, not milk it for every penny possible as current husky regime would)

i notice huskies are very proud of playing big time hockey which is a sport i always believed was for our neighbors to north or the rooskies (funny the new hockey conf looks very Yankee Conf with luminaries such as unh, northeastern, bu, maine, umass, vermont, umass loweel, marymac et al)

this new found pride looks like a heartbeat away from the new and improved "hockey east foosbal associates"

let us be kind & put current regime on a pass/fail grading system based on revenue generation

where does this binary decision tree grade trend in your final evaluation?

Reaction Score
please for give me for talking but every bdsy have reel good ideas for everything but my new good friend CTMIke said and problabley a lotof other people to said the same thing that my new good friend CTMIke said it is a big picture AAC problem big picture and I am sure everybody else said this if they agree and not if they didn't but I know a lot about college foortball from a long time an you have Ohio STAet knok on you door and all sudden 40thousands peoples shows up and not so mush if SMUknowk on you r door so get in write confirence attendance take catre of itself and all small picture things get taken care of because more money and new conference demand upgrade if I understand that is how I understand things work but I watch a lot a of college football and I know AAC is posion and not wher my new favorite team should be be causwe it is an insult but I am sorry an shold not have said anything because I was not spoken to so there I am apologizing to you very much .

when I run your posts through babblefish, what language should I be using?

Reaction Score
The last time I was able to make it to a Uconn Home Game, parking was much different than when I attended the Boise State game. People complain wayyy too much. I work in the golf business, my livelihood relies on dealing with people.
Not true. Cincinnati did a $50 bowl ticket credit with some season tickets a few years ago.
Good for them. Why don't you become a Cincinnati Bearcat fan.

Reaction Score
I say one more thing then apologize but you are blessed and very smart to go to Uconn and I am not very smart and go two year school and I have seen pretty picture of UCoon and beautiful and wish I could go even if you wish I could not or glad I could not and I see a lot beauty and happy sn=a and veryt smart people and there the is improvement needed but true every where so I am happy for you and you opportunity an I m happy it is beautiful for you and may you enjoy this very much and noow please foregive me for talking. l
You clearly are not fluent in the English language.

Reaction Score
I say one more thing then apologize but you are blessed and very smart to go to Uconn and I am not very smart and go two year school and I have seen pretty picture of UCoon and beautiful and wish I could go even if you wish I could not or glad I could not and I see a lot beauty and happy sn=a and veryt smart people and there the is improvement needed but true every where so I am happy for you and you opportunity an I m happy it is beautiful for you and may you enjoy this very much and noow please foregive me for talking. l
Reminds me of when I was in college calling the Dell help line. "Hi, my name is Ann how may I help you?" "Ok Ann, what is your real name?"

Reaction Score
Good for them. Why don't you become a Cincinnati Bearcat fan.

I don't think you understand. UConn has GOT to be innovative on all fronts now. The tried-and-true status quo will no longer work with the position the program/school is in. They need to try radical new things because they are standing on the edge off a precipice that will probably be impossible to come back from.

Reaction Score
please for give me for talking but every bdsy have reel good ideas for everything but my new good friend CTMIke said and problabley a lotof other people to said the same thing that my new good friend CTMIke said it is a big picture AAC problem big picture and I am sure everybody else said this if they agree and not if they didn't but I know a lot about college foortball from a long time an you have Ohio STAet knok on you door and all sudden 40thousands peoples shows up and not so mush if SMUknowk on you r door so get in write confirence attendance take catre of itself and all small picture things get taken care of because more money and new conference demand upgrade if I understand that is how I understand things work but I watch a lot a of college football and I know AAC is posion and not wher my new favorite team should be be causwe it is an insult but I am sorry an shold not have said anything because I was not spoken to so there I am apologizing to you very much .

Great... another internal troll wandering through the BY pissing on threads. This season has brought 'em all out.

Please go away...

Reaction Score
I was like this when I saw the email
Husky1.jpg

Reaction Score
Tom tell me not to use my reel name and said I could not so it was changed but this is true for every one is it not because tom told me so an I dont' think he would ly to em and its ok if dkie not reel name right altho he slet me keep Ann and so it is half me but that is all that si allowed but I could tell you more but tom I dont' think would think I should becaue he thought I should not so I am do good with English and fluid I am not I wok on it but you do not think it is good so you made a joke of dell help line and the joke awas bout me and not dell and even though I am not smart I try hard and you dont'like me and I should not have done what I did and I apoloze to you and I said I would not talk here and I did so I am appologizzze to you and my talking.
Chap in the female version. Woo hoo.

Reaction Score
you are not a gentleman. yoU are ok with this because of things I do not know but you are nott when you can be if you just decided I will be so. mybest wish to you and the people you love.
Are you a terrorist?

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
ug I finally had to ignore.

It makes me wonder how hard it would be to build a 'spam bot' that reads and responds to bulletin boards.

Meaning, are they even real people coming up with this stuff... it's so repetitive.

Reaction Score
dear deer aimless dear: mhy impressions indicate yo locale beez intracourse, Penn

yo ahm bees aimless but not all waaz

wenz yo engayg intrasocials intertracorze witin confinz ol intracorse PA yo hermaphrodittee selv gets in way & twoo minutemanz umess allwaastaa

yo aim belobeltz is goodz but yo studee at cummclg needs woodz

taak games to hoop borsds to get whaats yo need b/c only dare dee bigbalz monhinder feed

Reaction Score
Damn. finished & sent the survey, THEN remembered that I didn't mention having a husky sled team lead the players onto the field.

Reaction Score
Damn. finished & sent the survey, THEN remembered that I didn't mention having a husky sled team lead the players onto the field.
That's a pretty cool idea. Similar to the Texas bull, FSU Seminole, etc.

Reaction Score
Couple ideas I offered: School or corporate sponsored tailgate for students prior to game; more UCMB involvement during game; do away with silly Kiss Cam, Dance Cam, etc., I think they just scream minor league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom