Impressed with PSU and Washington | The Boneyard

Impressed with PSU and Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I was impressed with the way PSU played today - they are young, Uconn is better, but they looked organized on both ends - ran good offense and shut down the inside on defense. Losing Lucas will be tough but it looks like they have some nice freshman. I think Washington is doing a nice job there after that other 'Lady' I will not mention.

Reaction Score
"they are young " really ? They start 3 Seniors...... without Lucas they will have no offense

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
"they are young " really ? They start 3 Seniors...... without Lucas they will have no offense
They start the seniors because they have 7 freshman and two sophomores and two of the seniors have not started before this year I believe.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Penn State has a lot of young players on its roster but the vast majority of the minutes today were played by 4 seniors and a junior. Seniors Lucas, Taylor, Edwards and East played 38, 35, 30 and 29 minutes, respectively. Junior Waldner played 28 minutes. Four freshmen saw action for a combined 40 minutes.

With or without Kia Nurse, Penn State is going to struggle next year.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I was impressed with the way PSU played today - they are young, Uconn is better, but they looked organized on both ends - ran good offense and shut down the inside on defense. Losing Lucas will be tough but it looks like they have some nice freshman. I think Washington is doing a nice job there after that other 'Lady' I will not mention.
I concur!!!! Not sure about next years team- but I'm impressed with their heart and the late run! Which is a reflection of The Coach and Maggie! They could be tough out Tmt time!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I was impressed with what Washington has done. She's been there for 6-7 years now and has done some nice recruiting, certainly bring PSU back to respectability and relevancy. I'm not sure how many top recruits she's landed in the past 3 years (not including Lucas), but it seems like they are solid and moving in the right direction. It's something I wish we were seeing from Cinci, or Temple.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yes, they have a core group of experience players but they have 8 players in their first year playing under Coquese.

Reaction Score
They certainly have got some size in the front court. They are gonna have to grow up quick after this year. I really liked how Washington coached her team the whole game thru.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Coquese is not a screamer but she is an excellent communicator. That frustrates some people that think it means she isn't passionate about the game and the team. Nothing could be more wrong.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
You don't win a championship as a WNBA point guard without having a passion for the game.... :)

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Exactly, it is just residual hate.

And the sad thing is, that hate keeps them from enjoying a team and program they could be proud of.

Their loss.

Reaction Score
CW does a great job balancing family and Penn State WCBB.....Bill O'Brien really likes her and has helped her on the recruiting path.....On the other hand, The Men's B coach might be in trouble after this season. Coach Chambers cannot get the better players....BJC is a huge building and only 8100 for the UCONN game the men only get maybe, 6 K....I think it seats 16 K

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Most men's games the real figures are less than 4,000. Chambers is slowly and steadily is breaking through into the bigger recruiting markets. He has his first recruit out of Philly this year.

Reaction Score
I like him a lot, I met him the O'Brien's Coaches Caravan when he travels the east coast in March....Plus, CW was at the NYC stop....I was at 2 of the stops this year. .NYC and Scranton, PA

Scranton always has the largest crowd for O'Brien .over 10,000 for drinks and dinner. Home of Matt McGoin the new QB of the Oakland Raiders and he won his first game on Sunday...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
McGloin had almost a 105 QB rating yesterday.

Reaction Score
CW has a great pedigree. She played and learned coaching at the only program that has challenged Uconn on a consistent basis for the last 6 years. Props to Muffet M and ND and CW. CW was a great player and is a fine coach!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
You know - I have been impressed with the way PSU has handled the total mess they created from an athletics standpoint. O'Brien was an inspired choice for football and the coaches caravan with the rotating group of coaches was a great strategic move. The administration, campus and town police, state officials, and football program have a lot to atone for, but moving forward I think athletics is doing better than could be expected.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The players, students and the community absolutely love Bill O'Brien. Reportedly Bill and his family feel the same about the way they have been welcomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom