I'm beginning to feel sorry for Mike & Mike | The Boneyard

I'm beginning to feel sorry for Mike & Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
listened to them for 30 seconds today, they were talking about how missed free throws have cost Squid two titles

I guess that's the narrative being sold by media nurds

we have destroyed their credibility, they can't take it anymore, they're punch drunk

what is Golic going to talk about after ND gets beat-down tonight? how evil Geno is?

anyone who sees one of them today, just point at them and laugh

Reaction Score
Vitale was on and was singing cheer, cheer for old Notre Dame. I get it, he has family that went there, but good lord, at least try and hide it a bit.

Reaction Score
The college sports station on Sirius was 95% UK talk this morning. Not about their execution, game plan, or anything else. No. Rather about how talented they are and a player by player breakdown of if they'll go pro and what their draft prospects are.

Reaction Score
Vitale was on and was singing cheer, cheer for old Notre Dame. I get it, he has family that went there, but good lord, at least try and hide it a bit.
Vitale is irrelavent. He confirmed it this weekend.

Not a good ending to his legendary status.

Reaction Score
They are complaining that there are reports of broken glass and tipped over furniture up in Storrs, WAAAAAA!

As the great Bill Hicks would say, some Houligans have tipped over a dustbin.

Reaction Score
Yes, the majority of WEEI's discussion this morning has fallen into two categories:

1. How UConn fans are misbehaving because "that's what you do at UConn".
2. How their mid-day host and UConn alum was going crazy on twitter last night.

Click.

Reaction Score
And now Muppet McGraw says we are bad people too. Love it when the haters come out. Easy to remember who they are.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Yes, the majority of WEEI's discussion this morning has fallen into two categories:

Click.
They can't analyze basketball so it's easier for them to pick out non-sport-related topics about the game and focus on them.

Reaction Score
Big story is whether Cal goes to the Lakers.
They just can't bear to talk about Uconn. Hey. We won. Not sorry.
To Mike and Mike: GFO.

Reaction Score
We Uconn. We bred for this! What up now ACC and Big 10? Can we get an invite?! Yeah, thought so

Reaction Score

Click.

Also were spouting off about why can't UMass and BC get in on the fun (of course, they'd have to cheat a little bit). Really, boys. They did however underscore the point that BC sports is 6th, 7th or 8th in the Boston market - in other words , irrelevant. Nobody pays attention to BC hoops with all those hockey games around. And the football program can't even begin to compete with Red Sox (in Sept and October) and the Patriots til January or February. On the plus side they did mention the 15K fan following for UConn hoops because that's what we do around the Storrs campus.

So you tell me, why would any blue chip college athlete (other than in hockey) want to go to After Thought U and play in obscurity for the Eagles.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Violence / arrests on campus were mentioned for both UConn as well as for Kentucky. I heard a lot of props for Connecticut, for Kevin Ollie, for Shabazz Napier, deservedly so. Talk about UConn being the top men's basketball program since 1999. Talking about how impressive it was that the titles have been accomplished over multiple coaches.

I'm not sure what some of you are looking for to feel validated as a UConn fan? I'm enjoying the championship and the very complimentary things that are being said about the program, its coach and its future.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Click.
They were also backing up RA Derek and commenting on the 17 couch fires in Lexington. John Dennis mentioned that 9 of them broke the first rule of couch fires. Take it outside before lighting it. That was kind of funny.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
listened to them for 30 seconds today, they were talking about how missed free throws have cost Squid two titles

I guess that's the narrative being sold by media nurds

we have destroyed their credibility, they can't take it anymore, they're punch drunk

what is Golic going to talk about after ND gets beat-down tonight? how evil Geno is?

anyone who sees one of them today, just point at them and laugh

Here's the thing about FTs. You are who you are. They didn't underperform at the line. They're not a good FT shooting team. Dakari Johnson can't hit the ocean from a boat. Poythress isn't good, so no surprise he missed his attempt. Randle hit 4/7, and he's 70%. Hawkins was 0-2, and he's at 38%.

They're lucky Young (70%) hit 8/9.

That Memphis team, besides costing me $400, was predicted by everyone to choke because of their FT woes. Bad FT shooters shoot poorly from the line.

Of course we've won a couple titles with poor FT-shooting teams.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
UConn was a great foul shooting team all year, and we hit ours last night. Kentucky wasn't, and didn't. This is just as important as how you play defense or run the pick-and-roll or whatever. Why people want to devalue it and chalk it up to luck or something is weird. Kentucky probably could have been a better foul-shooting team this year, but they weren't. Their loss.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
More than ever I've been loving the haters. Keep it coming boys it feeds the mojo.

Reaction Score
One would think that if poor FT shooting cost you 2 titles in 4 years, you should spend a little more time practicing foul shots.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
UConn was a great foul shooting team all year, and we hit ours last night. Kentucky wasn't, and didn't. This is just as important as how you play defense or run the pick-and-roll or whatever. Why people want to devalue it and chalk it up to luck or something is weird. Kentucky probably could have been a better foul-shooting team this year, but they weren't. Their loss.

Ya mean they weren't complaining that Phil and Amidah couldn't finish at the rim when they were open and so close?

Reaction Score
We've probably had 600 variations of "screw this guy" or "this guy on ESPN doesn't know what he's talking about" threads over the past few years, and while I don't blame anybody for harping on it, at some point we just need to accept the fact that this is what sports media has become. In terms of content, 99% of the people that analyze sports are incredibly lazy and just rehash the same media narrative. In sports media, they don't just beat the proverbial dead horse, they hammer away at it until it becomes part of the ground.

Mike and Mike, Around the Horn, PTI, and all these other shows are neat for the casual sports fan, but these guys know very little in regards to how the game is actually played. I'm not saying everybody with a microphone has to sit down and diagram various pick and role coverage's for the audience, but the disparity in knowledge between what, say, Tony Kornheiser knows about UConn, and what your next door neighbor knows, is very small.

It's why I never understood the Gottlieb bashing. Yeah, he could be a little bit of a pr*ck, but at least he would toss his hat in the ring and try to formulate a unique opinion. Ryen Russillo is one of the few ESPN personalities that actually seems to understand the basics of the game.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score

Vitale choose Uconn later in the day… after he admitted to going 0-5 against Uconn Mens team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom