I'll never tire of watching this................ | The Boneyard

I'll never tire of watching this................

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yeah - Stewart had to do DT one better by adding in the three-sixty spin before the release! Not playing either of those ladies in 'HORSE'

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
We were sitting across from the UConn bench that game - In the words of Dickie V: Unbelievable baby!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
But with all respects to Stewie, why hasn't she perfected that shot for UConn? If she drained the full spin-around 50 footer for CNS at that 100% rate, seems a no-brainer that she should throw some in for the Husky fans. Maybe she's waiting for senior year in a nail-biter to pull out the old sure-thing again?

Reaction Score
Was in a sports bar in DC for that game. Had about 6 different TVs showing mostly different men's games. UConn/Tenn game wasn't on so I asked the bartender to put the game on the set closest to my stool. Heard a couple of grumbles at first but not after that shot. "Did you see that shot?" somebody asked more colorfully than I should express here and suddenly over half the eyes in that bar were glued to our game.

Reaction Score
I was in Puerto Vallarta MX watching the game at sports bar.......I was the only person in the bar at 2 PM on a 90 degree sunny day in PVR..Well, me and the bartender then the hotel manager heard us screaming and came in to see what was going on and watched the 2nd half..Funny

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Never tire of reading about it either. Perhaps the classic gut-it-out game in UConn history when an undersized UConn team gets the OT win when DT hits the 60 foot bomb at the end of the first half, the tying 3-pointer to send it to OT, and the winning basket in OT. Not a bad day for the girl.

So trivia question. Who is the Vol guard chucking a shot to the side of DT's hand with a few seconds left that bounds back to DT who takes it up court a short ways to launch the badda-boom shot in front of the same Vol guard? If you guessed Kara Lawson, I believe you are right as it looks pretty much like a 20 on the jersey. Another reason why Kara is so good as the WCBB mouthpiece is that she has seen it all, the mind-bogglers right in front of her.

And as always, the classic Geno protruding lower lip as he walks off trying to comprehend what just happened.

Reaction Score
Thank you SO much for this. We lived in Philly at the time and got tickets before we knew what the forecast was going to be. We left early and fought our way up the Jersey Turnpike. I remember having to get out and shovel my way through the intersection of the Turnpike and the Garden State. Anyway, we were way late for the game, getting there just before halftime. We were on the floor walking toward the section where our seats were when this happened. Unbelievable!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I was there! The crowd was electric. Say what you want about the games vs the LVs, but the crowds were fantastic - the energy, the excitement, with the crowd cheering every rebound and every great defensive move. I've been to a lot of games but nothing, not even NCAA tournament games, had the same atmosphere.

Reaction Score
Was in a sports bar in DC for that game. Had about 6 different TVs showing mostly different men's games. UConn/Tenn game wasn't on so I asked the bartender to put the game on the set closest to my stool. Heard a couple of grumbles at first but not after that shot. "Did you see that shot?" somebody asked more colorfully than I should express here and suddenly over half the eyes in that bar were glued to our game.
We were coming back from a cruise and were at an airport. Can't rememeber if we saw the shot or had the same TV problems you did. Wasn't surprised D hit such a shot. Nothing she did surprised me. She was simply unflappable.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We were coming back from a cruise and were at an airport. Can't rememeber if we saw the shot or had the same TV problems you did. Wasn't surprised D hit such a shot. Nothing she did surprised me. She was simply unflappable.
You missed the game? Well, you'll want to click on the link below, then.

Lots of huge plays by the freshman, Willnett saving the ball from going out of bounds and making big rebounds, Annie with the behind-the-back dribble, Jess Moore with a heads-up play... great stuff.

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
HuskyNan said:
You missed the game? Well, you'll want to click on the link below, then. Lots of huge plays by the freshman, Willnett saving the ball from going out of bounds and making big rebounds, Annie with the behind-the-back dribble, Jess Moore with a heads-up play... great stuff. YouTube Video

Thanks for the link Nan.

UCONN was #3 in the ranking at the time of this game.

Anyone remember who was #1 and #2??

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
You missed the game? Well, you'll want to click on the link below, then.

Lots of huge plays by the freshman, Willnett saving the ball from going out of bounds and making big rebounds, Annie with the behind-the-back dribble, Jess Moore with a heads-up play... great stuff.

HuskyNan: Thanks for posting--I had never seen this.

Could you please clear something up for me? How is Ann Strother's last name pronounced? You hear it both ways. Thanks.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Could you please clear something up for me? How is Ann Strother's last name pronounced? You hear it both ways. Thanks.
Ann's last name is pronounced Straw-ther.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the link Nan.

I know for sure Duke was #1. They had Beard, Harding, Iciss Tillis and Misty Bass (Williams) on that team. Surprised Tria didn't mention it. #2 was either K-State or Vandy. I could be wrong though.

Reaction Score
I know for sure Duke was #1. They had Beard, Harding, Iciss Tillis and Misty Bass (Williams) on that team. Surprised Tria didn't mention it. #2 was either K-State or Vandy. I could be wrong though.
I think LSU was #2. K-State was #4.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Sometime after this historic game, Diana was asked if that was her favorite spot to shoot from. She rose to the occasion with her DT response: "Yeah -- but at the other baset!"

We will never see her likes again. Simply the greatest.

Reaction Score
I was there! The crowd was electric. Say what you want about the games vs the LVs, but the crowds were fantastic - the energy, the excitement, with the crowd cheering every rebound and every great defensive move. I've been to a lot of games but nothing, not even NCAA tournament games, had the same atmosphere.
+1,000

Being at several UConn/TN games including this one was really special. Makes me sad that my kids weren't around back then. My son and I did get to see a men's regional final in Boston six or seven years ago, 'Nova vs Pitt, that was an instant classic, with Nova's PG dribbling the length of the court with 2 seconds to go to get the upset. But this UConn game was even better than that and the other two I saw were comparable to that Nova/Pitt game.

This is why I struggle with folks who say they don't want to see the series resurrected. Now it probably wouldn't be the same. But, man, if it were ...

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Thanks for the link Nan.

Just one of those seasons. Usually the reigning champ gets some props for the next season, but because of the graduation of TASS, UConn started the season at #4 and needed to work its way up. Even following the UTenn game as late as mid January in Week 10, Duke, LSU, and UConn were all undefeated still at 12-0 with UConn ranked #3. But then LSU lost to Arkamsas, and then following Week 12 UConn disposed of the dynastic #1 Duke team and took over the AP #1 rating for the rest of the season. Duke did however get to hang a banner for being the #1 team in the Coaches poll prior to the Tourney, but UTenn then knocked the Devils out in the FF before the Huskies won the NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom