If you think Gabby is amazing....read this... :) | The Boneyard

If you think Gabby is amazing....read this... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
NC 10.jpg

No player was more of a pleasant surprise last season than Gabby Williams. Here are 8 of the most amazing statistics from her performance last season:

1. Gabby had more offensive rebounds (79) than Kiah Stokes (73) and was 2nd to only Stewie (83). Her 591 minutes played was ½ of Stewie’s minutes. :)

2. Williams had more steals (46) than she had personal fouls (45). Only MoJeff & Saniya had a similar stat.

3. Gabby led the team in field goal % at 63.7%. No one else was even above 60%. :cool:

4. Her combined points, rebounds and assists totaled 584. She played only 591 minutes. Only Stewie had more points, rebounds and assists than minutes played.

5. Gabby was the only player on the roster to NOT make a 3 pt. basket. She was 0-1.

6. Williams had more defensive rebounds (139) than Morgan, KML, MoJeff or Kia Nurse. She was 3rd to Stewie (220) and Stokes (192).

7. Gabby already has 5 career double-doubles (points and rebounds). MoJeff and Morgan Tuck have 1 each. KML graduated with 9. :D

8. Because she so hard to guard, Williams attempted the 3rd most free throws (91) behind Nurse (97) and Stewie (159). Unfortunately, she only made 46.2%. That will improve.

Gabby is truly gabbulous..!! :p

Go Huskies..!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
View attachment 9980

No player was more of a pleasant surprise last season than Gabby Williams. Here are 8 of the most amazing statistics from her performance last season:

1. Gabby had more offensive rebounds (79) than Kiah Stokes (73) and was 2nd to only Stewie (83). Her 591 minutes played was ½ of Stewie’s minutes. :)

2. Williams had more steals (46) than she had personal fouls (45). Only MoJeff & Saniya had a similar stat.

3. Gabby led the team in field goal % at 63.7%. No one else was even above 60%. :cool:

4. Her combined points, rebounds and assists totaled 584. She played only 591 minutes. Only Stewie had more points, rebounds and assists than minutes played.

5. Gabby was the only player on the roster to NOT make a 3 pt. basket. She was 0-1.

6. Williams had more defensive rebounds (139) than Morgan, KML, MoJeff or Kia Nurse. She was 3rd to Stewie (220) and Stokes (192).

7. Gabby already has 5 career double-doubles (points and rebounds). MoJeff and Morgan Tuck have 1 each. KML graduated with 9. :D

8. Because she so hard to guard, Williams attempted the 3rd most free throws (91) behind Nurse (97) and Stewie (159). Unfortunately, she only made 46.2%. That will improve.

Go Huskies..!!
That's why I say she's our biggest key to our success this year except or the big three.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Gabby's missed FTs were nearly all on line and almost all of them were long. She needs to ease up just a little. I think she shot better late in the season.

Reaction Score
The only player in the nation's WCBB play is Nina Davis of Baylor that compares to Gabby! Her uncanny athletic ability and aggressiveness makes her as dangerous as opponents 6" t0 8" taller!

Reaction Score
Thanks David. I watched every minute that she played and hadn't realized just how effective that she had been statistically. If her foul shooting improves as we hope it will and she develops a reliable jumper we'll be watching another Uconn great this year.

Reaction Score
Although I didn't need confirmation that Gabby is simply amazing, your OP David is a great read. I simply didn't know how amazing she was on the court this year stat wise other than the double doubles. Thanks for posting the other stats David. Gabby will only get better and that is scary for the other teams.

Reaction Score
View attachment 9980

Go Huskies..!!

DND---Separate out and select her production with ONLY those team then in the top 25. I think that is a more telling definitive composition of her productivity and potential with Uconn. You have the data. Thanks.

Reaction Score
DND---Separate out and select her production with ONLY those team then in the top 25. I think that is a more telling definitive composition of her productivity and potential with Uconn. You have the data. Thanks.

A player's productivity should be judged against ALL competition. Why just the top 25 ? Why not just the NCAA's ? Even then, the first 2 rounds are usually against weaker competition. Maybe we should measure a player's effectiveness from the sweet 16 on.
Against ND, GB, Duke, SCe, Maryland and ND again in the championship game, Gabby scored 23 points and had 9 rebounds in 37 minutes of play.
Not too shabby.

Reaction Score
A player's productivity should be judged against ALL competition. Why just the top 25 ? Why not just the NCAA's ? Even then, the first 2 rounds are usually against weaker competition. Maybe we should measure a player's effectiveness from the sweet 16 on.
Against ND, GB, Duke, SCe, Maryland and ND again in the championship game, Gabby scored 23 points and had 9 rebounds in 37 minutes of play.
Not too shabby.
With the AAC and lessor competition Gabby was exceptional. When she came up against ND, she got really short minutes , Green Bay was frenetic play but not of USC, Dayton, Tx, ND quality, In both ND games like the bottom 5 she got in at the end, Geno gave her a 1 or 2 minute shot and pulled her, with a pat on the back as she departed--but he looked sorry for her. If you put her TOTAL stats out she looks pretty good. 23 point in 5 games is about 4.3/game, nothing like the 13-15 point (top of the head numbers) of the AAC games. I like Gabby's potential as a driving, jump shooting, 3 ball shooting, 2 guard. As a Forward under the basket against big front lines she's at a terrible disadvantage. Numbers don't lie but adjusting numbers tells different stories. 2.1 rebounds per game against top competition isn't great--bet Moriah in the same minutes did better and she is 4 or 5 inches shorter. In the Tx Game (Sweet 16 I think) she was stuffed and pulled--no shame she was a 6 inches shorter, Dayton a tight contest for 30 minutes --Gabby came in when both teams clearing the bench.
Again--I like the potential of Gabby and her bravery to attack the basket--tough for a Frosh--there may be times in the future with smaller teams where she can an will be used as a Forward--against big teams, and the good ones are getting bigger (Duke, Tx, Tn, )not so much.With her guts, if her 3 improves, her foul shot improves, gets a jumper, and plays better defense she should be an asset as a 2 guard.

Do us both a favor and put out her Stats as you suggested--only from the Sweet 16 and on. That should be interesting.

Reaction Score
s
Not too shabby.

If any coach judges a players abilities against All competition, he'd be a fool not to evaluate how that player played against top competition because in the long run he NEEDS a player that plays well against ALL competition. If that player comes in during big games for only one minute and during clean up time--that's not a prime time player--in this case I'll say YET. Fans can see what they want to see--that's what fans are for--to help out the cheerleaders during games , what other function do they have?? Well healed Alums, not all of them.

Reaction Score
With the AAC and lessor competition Gabby was exceptional. When she came up against ND, she got really short minutes , Green Bay was frenetic play but not of USC, Dayton, Tx, ND quality, In both ND games like the bottom 5 she got in at the end, Geno gave her a 1 or 2 minute shot and pulled her, with a pat on the back as she departed--but he looked sorry for her. If you put her TOTAL stats out she looks pretty good. 23 point in 5 games is about 4.3/game, nothing like the 13-15 point (top of the head numbers) of the AAC games. I like Gabby's potential as a driving, jump shooting, 3 ball shooting, 2 guard. As a Forward under the basket against big front lines she's at a terrible disadvantage. Numbers don't lie but adjusting numbers tells different stories. 2.1 rebounds per game against top competition isn't great--bet Moriah in the same minutes did better and she is 4 or 5 inches shorter. In the Tx Game (Sweet 16 I think) she was stuffed and pulled--no shame she was a 6 inches shorter, Dayton a tight contest for 30 minutes --Gabby came in when both teams clearing the bench.
Again--I like the potential of Gabby and her bravery to attack the basket--tough for a Frosh--there may be times in the future with smaller teams where she can an will be used as a Forward--against big teams, and the good ones are getting bigger (Duke, Tx, Tn, )not so much.With her guts, if her 3 improves, her foul shot improves, gets a jumper, and plays better defense she should be an asset as a 2 guard.

Do us both a favor and put out her Stats as you suggested--only from the Sweet 16 and on. That should be interesting.

If you want Gabby's numbers from the Sweet 16 on, go right ahead. I not sure how I would be doing myself a favor by compiling the numbers.
My "Maybe we should measure a player's effectiveness from the sweet 16 on." was rhetorical and belongs in the same category as the stats against the top 25. Incomplete.
Not sure how you got "2.1 rebounds per game against top competition". Certainly not from the numbers I provided.
Your averaging of Gabby's numbers on a per game basis is very misleading. Players should not be judged on a per game basis. The amount of minutes played each game can vary too much to draw the most accurate conclusions. On a per minute basis, her numbers aren't bad at all against top competition. (BTW, I listed 6 games not 5 as you stated. I'm beginning to see the problem )
Why don't you do me a favor and compute Gabby's per 40 minute averages against the AAC and compare them against her per 40 minute numbers against the top 25 ?
Finally,there's this. "2.1 rebounds per game against top competition isn't great--bet Moriah in the same minutes did better and she is 4 or 5 inches shorter." You're on ! You name the amount and we'll use the same 6 games as I did originally (ND, GB, Duke, SCe, Maryland and ND again in the championship game) for the per minute rebound comparison.

Reaction Score
It is going to be interesting to see how Geno utilizes Gabby this come year as she is such a versatile player. In HS she had a very nice from just inside the arc jump shot which I saw on film. Her successful transition to the front court this past year precluded her use of said jump shot and when she did shoot she did not shoot it with the frequency or accuracy she was accustomed to in High School. I read she is working on her jump shot again. It would be fabulous if she recaptured it and added it to an already impressive arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom