If they didn't go to UCONN, where would they have gone? | The Boneyard

If they didn't go to UCONN, where would they have gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
A lot of these are well publicized, but where would UCONN players have gone if they didn't pick Connecticut?
Maya Moore-Tennessee or Georgia, likely Tennessee
Diana Taurasi-UCLA
Shea Ralph-Tennessee I believe
KLS-Stanford (I'm guessing?)

What about others?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Shea might have gone to UNC, where her mother starred, but the recruitment was poorly done.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tina's choice was UConn or UConn. She was in the bag from about 8th grade.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Tina's choice was UConn or UConn. She was in the bag from about 8th grade.
Just found an article online from 2005 with this tidbit:
"Charles, who was a Daily News all-city player and candidate for Player of the Year, chose the Huskies over Duke."

HGN

Reaction Score
A long , long time ago in a territory in the Northeast . Hard choices had to be made. As it turned out they ALL made the right choice. And it was the right choice for Uconn. Tenn probably would have benefitted most if they hadn't chosen Uconn. ALL high profile recruits and game, and Championship , changers. ALL won at least one Championship and lived happily ever after...........The End.

Now it's KLS's turn to keep the incredible streak going.

Reaction Score
They all would have gone out of the NCAA tournament early.

rimshot.png

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Ahem.

Permit a little tip to avoid (over)use of the annoying word "if."

Try leading off with "had."

In this instance (OP title), consider something like, "Had they not gone to UConn. . . ." etc.

It's not a big deal and the meaning is unchanged, so why do it? Well, unless you are Rudyard Kipling (author of enduring statement about meaning of "If"), you risk being tormented by critics (e.g., "If a bullfrog had wing, he wouldn't bump his ass every time he jumped").

Think about it.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
According to this interview, Stewie was theoretically considering a whole host of schools other than UConn. However, I think UConn was already a done deal despite her not being ready to give her verbal.

Rebecca was reportedly recruited by more than 100 schools, so how knows?

Kerry Bascom was a momentous recruit. Not sure where else she would have gone other than UConn.

Reaction Score
Ahem.

Permit a little tip to avoid (over)use of the annoying word "if."

Try leading off with "had."

In this instance (OP title), consider something like, "Had they not gone to UConn. . . ." etc.

It's not a big deal and the meaning is unchanged, so why do it? Well, unless you are Rudyard Kipling (author of enduring statement about meaning of "If"), you risk being tormented by critics (e.g., "If a bullfrog had wing, he wouldn't bump his ass every time he jumped").

Think about it.
Golly gee! I was thunk it cud a ben ----had they not went i thunk whod a ax them ??? But I was woke up a ready
Likes the man sez --you've been had! Kibitzer, bet you can't fine nutin wrung wid dis!!

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Just found an article online from 2005 with this tidbit:
"Charles, who was a Daily News all-city player and candidate for Player of the Year, chose the Huskies over Duke."
May be, but in her interview this week, Tina said it was always UConn. Duke was probably a very distant second.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Another interesting question would be: If you could go back and do it over, would you still choose UConn?

Reaction Score
Don't remember that Breanna interview. Kinda glad I missed it. The way she brightened up when Tennessee was mentioned and Notre Dame sneaking in at the very end would have given me a permanent knot in my stomach!

Reaction Score
C. Paris, J. Gemelos, and EDD (and many others) would have a championship if they would have gone (stayed) in UConn :)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
C. Paris, J. Gemelos, and EDD (and many others) would have a championship if they would have gone (stayed) in UConn :)

. . . and A'ja Wilson, among many others (e.g., two oldest Samuelson sisters).

Reaction Score
According to this interview, Stewie was theoretically considering a whole host of schools other than UConn. However, I think UConn was already a done deal despite her not being ready to give her verbal.

Rebecca was reportedly recruited by more than 100 schools, so how knows?

Kerry Bascom was a momentous recruit. Not sure where else she would have gone other than UConn.

Stewie was UConn as soon as she knew Geno wanted her. Stewie's goal has always been to be the best player she could be, and there was only one place she could go to achieve that goal.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Another interesting question would be: If you could go back and do it over, would you still choose UConn?

I suppose it's possible the answer is "no" if a WCBB player discovers she's allergic to national championships after the significant exposure thereto...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom