IF Shaka Smart Ends Up at Texas | The Boneyard

IF Shaka Smart Ends Up at Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Would Tevin Mack consider switching his recruitment over. I know he signed a LOI, but you can still get out of it a lot of the time. I know one of the biggest draws at a school like VCU is a guy like Smart. What do we think?

Reaction Score
Doubt it. Would be very surprised if he doesnt follow Smart to Texas.

Reaction Score
Doubt it. Would be very surprised if he doesnt follow Smart to Texas.

You'd be surprised? Do you think that the head coach is the only reason a player decides to commit to a school? That's a 1500 mile difference, and an entirely different campus environment. Not denying that a head coach has a lot to do with a decision, but I would not be surprised if he does not follow Smart to Texas; whether it be staying at VCU or opening his recruiting back up.

Reaction Score
You'd be surprised? Do you think that the head coach is the only reason a player decides to commit to a school? That's a 1500 mile difference, and an entirely different campus environment. Not denying that a head coach has a lot to do with a decision, but I would not be surprised if he does not follow Smart to Texas; whether it be staying at VCU or opening his recruiting back up.
you right

Reaction Score
im a student at vcu, and i am from texas. Trust me, mack will not mind going from richmond to austin. Only way we wouldve landed mack is if he committed in the first place, like larrie. Shaka is very loyal to vcu but the money and opportunity texas could offer may just be enough to lure him but still wouldnt be surprised if he stays at vcu

Reaction Score
He is from South Carolina, so Virginia is closer and more familiar than Texas. Will be interesting

Reaction Score
im a student at vcu, and i am from texas. Trust me, mack will not mind going from richmond to austin. Only way we wouldve landed mack is if he committed in the first place, like larrie. Shaka is very loyal to vcu but the money and opportunity texas could offer may just be enough to lure him but still wouldnt be surprised if he stays at vcu
I'm looking at UT Austin for college. Can someone from CT make it down there lol?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I'm looking at UT Austin for college. Can someone from CT make it down there lol?
Only if you like sunshine, the world's best BBQ and the most beautiful co-eds in the country.

I'm a proud UConn grad, but if I had to do it all over again...

Reaction Score
In Austin? Easily. Great city that has all the best aspects of the North, without two majors problem (weather and friendliness). The surrounding areas may be tough on a Northerner, but not Austin.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Austin has great music, great beer and beautiful women.

It gets hotter than hell and it's in Texas, but every place has its downsides. I could never live there permanently and I love to hate the bastards, but there's no doubt in my mind that it would be a great college experience.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Only if you like sunshine, the world's best BBQ and the most beautiful co-eds in the country.

I'm a proud UConn grad, but if I had to do it all over again...
I think Arizona state may have an argument on who has the countries best co-eds

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

I've spent a ton of time on the ASU campus and have 3 nieces/nephews go/going there
I've a lot nicer looking women than these over made up models on the campus - not saying these models are ugly but there are tons of natural beauties just walking around
Its amazing what a little sun and warm temperatures will do....................

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I think Arizona state may have an argument on who has the countries best co-eds
Absolutely, but just make sure you don't acquire too many "souvenirs".... especially the ones you can't give back. ASU can be quite grimey...

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score

True story: I worked for the Daily Campus from '95-2000, and got to travel the country covering the team.

Our second weekend of the tourney (the wins over Iowa & Gonzaga) just happened to be in Phoenix... during St. Patrick's Day...

Tempe was a LOT of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA