If Ryan Boatright puts on ten pounds of hard muscle | The Boneyard

If Ryan Boatright puts on ten pounds of hard muscle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
and puts in the work Kemba did from sophomore to Junior--he could be the same player. Same speed body control just needs a stronger body and a little better handle. Our team has the ingredients--with Calhoun Shabazz and Boatright to be very special if we bring along Phil Nolan Wolf and Daniels this year into next year 4 2013-2014

Reaction Score
Unless Kentan Facey is ready to rebound and play defense at least right away, the it would be nice to get a big juco body who can just mix it up and neutralize the rebounding situation for minutes in a game........I agree with one year of chemistry under all of their belts and with players leaving other schools our Huskies have a chance to be pretty good.........if everyone stays as they should!

Reaction Score
and puts in the work Kemba did from sophomore to Junior--he could be the same player. Same speed body control just needs a stronger body and a little better handle. Our team has the ingredients--with Calhoun Shabazz and Boatright to be very special if we bring along Phil Nolan Wolf and Daniels this year into next year 4 2013-2014

With Boat, I think it's less physical and more mental. He won't grow and probably won't get any quicker. He needs to better understand the role of a PG and how to manage the game. I believe he was a 2 in HS and he needs to adapt to playing the point and being the floor manager. He needs to play to his strengths (use his quickness when needed) and focus on what he does best (at under 6 feet he needs to pull up and shoot rather than always takng the ball into the shot-blockers).. This takes time and it took Kemba until his junior year to understand it and become the leader that we needed. Hopefully, Boat can grow into the role like Kemba did.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The proper term is 10 pounds of solid muscle.

caw

Reaction Score
Another difference between Kemba and Boatright is that, while I think Boatright has better handles, he isn't as explosive going up and down the court. Too much left to right in his dribble.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I actually think Boatright has a little bit better shot than Kemba did at the same time. No one hit the big shot like Kemba though. :)

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
I think Boat needs to work on his smile more to be, more like Kemba ;), the smilin"assassin:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom