If I hear about Payne one more time... | The Boneyard

If I hear about Payne one more time...

• Thread starter Deleted member 3149
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3149

I'll believe it when I see it. This year we played against Patrick Young, Shaq Goodwin, Dwight Powell, Montrezl Harrell, Noah Vonleh, Isaiah Sykes, Yanick Moreira, JayVaughn Pinkston and Halil Kanacevic to name a few. We're ready for anything.

Talk is cheap. Bring on the Payne.

Reaction Score

caw

Reaction Score
Payne reminds me of a more aggressive Charlie V. In college. He's good but I'm more worried about Dawson.

Reaction Score
Just because he's a great kid, nice person, humble athlete, with a giving/selfless spirit and has a wonderful heart, doesn't mean we want to hear about him.

Reaction Score
Just because he's a great kid, nice person, humble athlete, with a giving/selfless spirit and has a wonderful heart, doesn't mean we want to hear about him.
lol

seriously though... even though he plays the 5... he is really more like a stretch 4 in the NBA.... best comparision was probably the kelly kid at duke last year... but payne had a much better inside game....

it was like a light has switched on since the middle of last season and since then he has been a beast... his conditioning and health has improve... his outside game and 3pt game is something we would have never believed in his first 2 years..... and the fact that he can step out and it has to be respected opens up the game so much more for the likes of Dawson.....

Reaction Score
Payne reminds me of a more aggressive Charlie V. In college. He's good but I'm more worried about Dawson.
Dawson is 6'6. he would worry me more if he was 6'10 like payne. Neither are magicians in the post, but i tend to agree we can't let dawson spin into the lane and get lay ups a la kid with writing in his haircut for isu. I'm sure its a point of emphasis.

Reaction Score
Somebody elsewhere compared him to Derrick Williams. I think that's an apt comparison. We were able to slow him down with a combination of Roscoe (comfortably guarding both inside and out) and Okwandu (athletic enough, as a big, to keep up). Getting him in foul trouble obviously helped.

I'm not sure who on this team would be able to cover a Derrick Williams type. DD seems too lean. Maybe Brimah? But Brimah isn't comfortable defending the perimeter and would give up a lot of looks from deep.

Payne will be a challenging matchup, but then again we've said that about Kanacevic, Pinkston, and Kane.

Reaction Score
I'm worried about both, but whoever plays Dawson has to keep him off the glass.

Their starting 5 is easily the best in the country right now, better than UF and Zona.

Reaction Score
Nice story about Payne and the little girl.
BTW, we broke the heart of Phil Martelli's 4-year old grandson. We made this kid cry.

grandson.jpg

Reaction Score
I'll believe it when I see it. This year we played against Patrick Young, Shaq Goodwin, Dwight Powell, Montrezl Harrell, Noah Vonleh, Isaiah Sykes, Yanick Moreira, JayVaughn Pinkston and Halil Kanacevic to name a few. We're ready for anything.

Talk is cheap. Bring on the Payne.

Yes, we played against them and some of them killed us. That said, we won our fair share against those opponents and can do so again. This time of year you need to bring your "A" game to win and we have been doing so.

Reaction Score
This I have no worries about, the fact the parents pulled this is ridiculous. The kid with Payne is a real good story and he is a classy kid.

BTW, we broke the heart of Phil Martelli's 4-year old grandson. We made this kid cry.

grandson.jpg

Reaction Score
In all honesty, if Pain and Dawson both score in double figures we can still win if Boat, Shabazz and DD play well and we get one other player like Giff or Kromah scoring.

Reaction Score

grandson.jpg

It has nothing to do with us or the game but speaking of crying...gotta love it.
duke-kid-crying1.jpg

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Not a bad sentiment, but keep Harrell out of this.[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01