If both the B1G and ACC wanted to add UCONN, which would you prefer and why? | The Boneyard

If both the B1G and ACC wanted to add UCONN, which would you prefer and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just created an account on here and have been reading about what UCONN does and does not bring to a Power 5 conference. I'm interested in knowing what most fans would prefer?

If both the B1G and ACC showed interest in adding UCONN, which conference would you prefer and why?

Reaction Score
The BiG... Simply because we got burnt twice by the ACC. In addition to my choice, I perfer playing against PENN STATE than PITT, RUTGERS than SYRACUSE, OHIO STATE than LOUISVILLE etc... The BiG is just a better conference overall.

Reaction Score
B1G NO QUESTION! I loathe the ACC! Don't get me wrong, we have to accept what we can get. But the B1G is a much better fit, matches UCONN's profile (or future profile), and I just don't think getting picked up by the ACC after the snubs is the way UCONN should go. The ACC is in bed with the virus, the leeches, the blood suckers from south bend.

Reaction Score
I think culturally the B1G is a better fit.
The ethnic background except for recent southern emigration more closely mirror each other. The tradition rich Midwest football schools would be a much bigger draw in tradition rich New England.
My late mother always said why would you ever want to play with people who have shown they don't want to play with you.
How can you possibly embrace as brothers ,Schools like BC,Miami,,Pitt,and the worse of all Syracuse the school that killed the BiG East.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
If they were equally stable over the next X year, I'd take the ACC. We have actual rivalries and history against more teams in the ACC. I think we have a better shot in building our FB program there as well.

Reaction Score
Typically with regard to large land masses, there exists a greater degree of disparity in culture from North to South versus East to West and visa versa. Therefore I think we would have more in common with those public schools of the B1G than the mix of private and public schools of the ACC. We are the best public school(and getting better) in New England and would complete the expansion in the northeast. We also have a very good athletic program that competes in all B1G sports save wrestling and which will only be enhanced by the competition and funding that the B1G can provide.

Reaction Score
A case for the 1%-----I am with Huskypantz.

ACC-------The basketball match-ups are mind blowing.

Football-----football. I am a basketball first guy, it's not even close. But just my 2cents, our football facility is more ACCish, we are dwarfed by B1G schools. Plus the level of play is more on par with the ACC. We are coming off the PP years and rebuilding the program is a major challenge. It will be less painful to do in the ACC.

Now the ACC pulled a rock with Notre Dame (you'd think they would have learned from the old BE) and there is the risk of becoming the Big East 2.0. But I honestly think that will not happen.

Let's act like grown-ups. The past is just that, the past.

Reaction Score
I think culturally the B1G is a better fit.
The ethnic background except for recent southern emigration more closely mirror each other. The tradition rich Midwest football schools would be a much bigger draw in tradition rich New England.
My late mother always said why would you ever want to play with people who have shown they don't want to play with you.
How can you possibly embrace as brothers ,Schools like BC,Miami,,Pitt,and the worse of all Syracuse the school that killed the BiG East.
With all due respect to your late Mom, and you, we would not playing with them (the schools) we would be playing against them.

And the athletes were not the people making the decisions.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The B1G - no question. The ACC is the new Big East with ND running the show to their benefit and their benefit only.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I just created an account on here and have been reading about what UCONN does and does not bring to a Power 5 conference. I'm interested in knowing what most fans would prefer?

If both the B1G and ACC showed interest in adding UCONN, which conference would you prefer and why?

Welcome to the 'Yard, OSU.

I think you will find that 9 out of 10 UCONN fans (including me) will say that they prefer the B1G. But I think there should be a "whoever offers first" option. UCONN is in no position to pass up an invite to any P5 conference if there are no 100% guarantees that a "better, B1Gger" offer is coming in the future.

That said, speaking for me personally, I prefer the B1G over the ACC. I think UCONN fits with the B1G and its eastward expansion strategy. What I see UCONN's potential role in the B1G being is a perennial basketball title contender, boosting the league's SOS come NCAAT seeding and selection time. UCONN could also serve as a conduit towards scheduling MSG. Football wise, we are obviously a young program with nowhere near the history as every other B1G member. But we do have potential. The facilities are in place and our stadium is ready to be expanded when needed (footings were installed when the stadium was originally built to accommodate expansion up to 60K). I do not think UCONN will not challenge the upper echelon of the league for years but I do think we can field competitive teams as we had in our Big East years (i.e. - spotted bowl game appearances). UCONN's AD is in line with many P5 schools and we have the resources to compete. You've already added Rutgers for the markets. We bring markets AND a successful athletic department...something our friends to the south would have a hard time convincing anyone into believing.

Reaction Score
wow color me soo depressed I would take the USFL or CFL. Who cares B1Gor ACC? Get us out of the dumpster fire.

It is really dismal. The chances of total CR enmasse reallignment are nill. Wake and BCU and RU and Minnestoata, and Utah have won. My best guess is plead with the SEC to take WVU and UConn and be done with it. I'm sure WVU has enough broken Big 12 eastern state expansion emails to weasle out of the gore. Screw everyone and take a 1/3rd SEC stake for years with 2 homes FB games in NYC or Gillette. Time to gamble.

Reaction Score
I want to make sweet, slow love to the b1g. I want to hate f0ck the ACC.

The b1g is the fun, pretty girl that everyone wants. The ACC is the slutty girl that slept with three of my friends. Both are on my mind more than I care to admit. Only one of them could possibly make me happy.

Reaction Score
I want to make sweet, slow love to the b1g. I want to hate f0ck the ACC.

The b1g is the fun, pretty girl that everyone wants. The ACC is the slutty girl that slept with three of my friends. Both are on my mind more than I care to admit. Only one of them could possibly make me happy.

Come on dude its 3 am in the morning and you will go home with anything that talks to you.

Reaction Score

Football-----football. I am a basketball first guy, it's not even close. But just my 2cents, our football facility is more ACCish, we are dwarfed by B1G schools. Plus the level of play is more on par with the ACC. We are coming off the PP years and rebuilding the program is a major challenge. It will be less painful to do in the ACC.

Now the ACC pulled a rock with Notre Dame (you'd think they would have learned from the old BE) and there is the risk of becoming the Big East 2.0. But I honestly think that will not happen.

Tiles, the BB match ups in the Big Ten wouldn't be too bad either. Wisky will be #1 out of the gates in a few months, MSU will be very good, Michigan, Iowa State will be ranked and I'm probably missing a few. Would really like to play them much more than the ACC paper tigers. You can have Cuse, Duke, BC, Pitt and the rest of those pompous rat faced f-cktards

Reaction Score
Tiles, the BB match ups in the Big Ten wouldn't be too bad either. Wisky will be #1 out of the gates in a few months, MSU will be very good, Michigan, Iowa State will be ranked and I'm probably missing a few. Would really like to play them much more than the ACC paper tigers. You can have Cuse, Duke, BC, Pitt and the rest of those pompous rat faced duck s
Iowa State is B12 but it's a good BB conference.

Reaction Score

Wow and so in just a few short years, we may all watch as the ACC is doomed to repeat it...ITS JUST MY OPINION!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom