If BOAT stays, we have the BEST BACK COURT in the country next year | The Boneyard

If BOAT stays, we have the BEST BACK COURT in the country next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
While we are absorbing this amazing moment, it's hard to not look at the "Ferrari in the garage" with excitement.

GUARDS, GUARDS, GUARDS, Team that up with Ollie's coaching, great free throw shooting, and a defensive presence in the middle, we are going to be a threat to go deep again

If you don't think so, youtube "Rodney Purvis Freshman". Watch that highlight reel as he destroys the ACC last year, it's not a ball mixtape against a bunch of high schoolers, he was playing a mans game last year.

Guard wise, we are going to go 4 DEEP (Boat, Purvis, Jr. TSam) plus a wing guy in Hamilton, going to be a lot of fun next year.

Reaction Score
As excited as I am right now I already can't wait for next year. The future looks so bright. Purvis must be so jacked up and ready to go.

pj

Reaction Score
Yeah, we're set on the perimeter ... Facey will have to step up at the 4.

Reaction Score
BTW, while on the topic of "if" Boatright or Daniels stay, isn't this another great thing about having KO as the head coach ? Who better than a 13 year NBA veteran with ties to the two best players in the league to credibly tell you as a player if you should or shouldn't put in for the NBA draft ?

I don't think either of them should go, and I don't think either one will. Both of them need to be more consistent over an entire season. Boatright didn't hit his stride with consistent shooting until this tournament and Daniels championship game illustrates that he still needs to work on being consistent night in and night out. Of course, if they do leave, you certainly could understand striking while the iron is hot and wish them all the best.

Time will tell, though.

Reaction Score
Enjoy the moment. Next year will get here. How soon we forget that 2012 followed 2011. You have months to luxuriate in this feeling. Don't wish it away.

Reaction Score
Purvis is really raw. Reminds me alot of Jerome Dyson minus the outside shooting touch. But it will be interesting to see if he can mesh here. He's kind of a wild mustang in terms of playstyle.

Reaction Score
Purvis is really raw. Reminds me alot of Jerome Dyson minus the outside shooting touch. But it will be interesting to see if he can mesh here. He's kind of a wild mustang in terms of playstyle.

Extending on what you said, which I completely agree with...RP is a potential lottery pick (IMHO). However, he lacked a consistent jumper and shot something around 50% FTs @ NCST. Hopefully he can improve on the jumper (Im assuming FTs will obviously increase) because we lose a lot of shooting with the departing of Giff and Bazz and potentially DD

Reaction Score
Wow, I didn't realize how good he is. Potentially, we're a better team next year than we were this year. Doesn't mean will be better in the tournament, but I think Boat and Purvis, having been alongside Bazz, are going to rise to the challenge and it could be Kemba Part III.

We'll definitely be better up front. And if DD stays, and I believe he will, he and Hamilton will be a very dynamic duo. All we need is a bit more muscle and we'll be the complete package.

Reaction Score
While we are absorbing this amazing moment, it's hard to not look at the "Ferrari in the garage" with excitement.

GUARDS, GUARDS, GUARDS, Team that up with Ollie's coaching, great free throw shooting, and a defensive presence in the middle, we are going to be a threat to go deep again

If you don't think so, youtube "Rodney Purvis Freshman". Watch that highlight reel as he destroys the ACC last year, it's not a ball mixtape against a bunch of high schoolers, he was playing a mans game last year.

Guard wise, we are going to go 4 DEEP (Boat, Purvis, Jr. TSam) plus a wing guy in Hamilton, going to be a lot of fun next year.

UConn has become Point Guard U.

Reaction Score
How does our 3 point shooting stack up next year? Bazz and Giffeye tough to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom