Ichiro signs 2 year deal with Yankees | The Boneyard

Ichiro signs 2 year deal with Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He took less money to sign with the Yankees, turning down offers from the Phillies and Giants. Im pleased but a little shocked. Ichiro is old but he is Japanese, I'm not expecting big things with an old team at least most are on 1 year contracts, I guess the Yankees are really serious about lowering their payroll.

Reaction Score
Interesting deal. NY really wanted only one year, but other teams offered more, so looks like they'll have to go 2. Levine is already justifying it by saying he could reach 3,000 hits as a Yankee, but he'll fall short at his rate of the last two years.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Interesting deal. NY really wanted only one year, but other teams offered more, so looks like they'll have to go 2. Levine is already justifying it by saying he could reach 3,000 hits as a Yankee, but he'll fall short at his rate of the last two years.

Such a deal, Ichiro gets extra cash for the run to 3,000 just like ARod got for when he breaks the HR record as a Yankee. But I'm still trying to figure out what Scoe meant by "Ichiro is old but he is Japanese".

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Such a deal, Ichiro gets extra cash for the run to 3,000 just like ARod got for when he breaks the HR record as a Yankee. But I'm still trying to figure out what Scoe meant by "Ichiro is old but he is Japanese".

I, too, want to know what Scoe ment by that.

ARod and Ichiro, sadly, will not break either record.

Reaction Score

How does he get extra cash when he took less money to play for the Yankees than other teams were offering?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How does he get extra cash when he took less money to play for the Yankees than other teams were offering?

My comment was based Levine's comment why he got two years v. the one the Yanks desired. Two years means more cash than one.

Reaction Score
I'm at a loss to figure out what the Yankees are doing. No big splash signings, no mega deals. They've allowed some solid players to leave. Swisher, Chavez, Martin and Ibanez. Soriano is a free agent. They added Ichiro (a good deal IMHO) and Youkilis (a bad deal IMHO). Arod will not be healthy again at the start of the season and Jeter is a bit of a question mark in his recovery from his injury as is Mariano. Is this a "bridge" year for them?

Reaction Score
I'm at a loss to figure out what the Yankees are doing. No big splash signings, no mega deals. They've allowed some solid players to leave. Swisher, Chavez, Martin and Ibanez. Soriano is a free agent. They added Ichiro (a good deal IMHO) and Youkilis (a bad deal IMHO). Arod will not be healthy again at the start of the season and Jeter is a bit of a question mark in his recovery from his injury as is Mariano. Is this a "bridge" year for them?

Steinbrenner's kids want to get the Yankee payroll to $189 million or less because they will save a huge amount of cash on their luxury tax bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom