I will be rooting hard for boat right to get the first rd pick he deserves | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I will be rooting hard for boat right to get the first rd pick he deserves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I predict he will make a lot of money playing Basketball.
He is extremly gifted athlete ,who put in the hard work to learn his trade.
Fans will love him for his entertainment value.
Will it be in the NBA ?
He has tremendous Hgt bias to overcome ,so he won't get the initial shot.
Unfair but probably reality.
I really hope I underestetsmed the NBA GM's
He can guard bigger guys which is usually the knock on small guards.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ty Lawson 5'11' drafted first round 18th pick. Same game except Boat can shoot better than Lawson did when he was drafted. Lawson is a stud. Boat will be an NBA player.

Reaction Score
As somebody who has watched dozens of Bobcats/Hornets games during Kemba's career, it's just hard to understand how debilitating NBA length and athleticism is to an undersized point guard until you see it. Kemba has everything you'd want from a scoring point guard; great footwork, a lot of change-the-pace moves, a great handle, etc. He's also - while not quite on Boat's level - an excellent athlete. Yet his career shooting percentage is below 40% and he's consistently among the worst in the league at finishing around the rim. Point being, he's basically Ryan Boatright on steroids, and he's a third-tier NBA point guard whose destiny is probably a sixth man on a good team. If you want to make it in the NBA as a sub-six foot point guard, you need to either be an elite shooter or an elite passer. Even though Boatright seems to be getting better as a shooter, I don't think you'll ever be able to characterize him that way as a shooter, particularly when accounting for the deeper three point line.
I don't mean to nitpick your post, because I completely agree with your overall point, but Kemba is better than a sixth man on a good team.

No, I'm not trying to absolve him of blame for his horrendous shooting numbers - at the end of the day, he just needs to find a way to hit 42+% of his shots. But he also got drafted into a terrible situation, and when Charlotte finally started to build a solid foundation, they decided to pair him with a guy (Lance Stephenson) whose game just doesn't mesh at all.

Again, I'm not defending Kemba's atrocious shooting numbers, but when you look at his entire game, he's good enough to start on an NBA playoff-caliber team. (On a side note, I really wish he didn't sign that extension in Charlotte. I would love to see what he could do for another franchise.)

Reaction Score
I could see an early 2nd to mid 2nd round pick, wouldn't shock me to see him being a 1st round pick, I do think he will have an NBA career kid has a ton of heart he is a Chicago area kid with no fear, and tough as nails. Man were so lucky to have Kemba followed by Shabazz followed by Boatright.

Reaction Score
I respectfully disagree. Whoever who has played bball would tell you jumping off one foot finishing in traffic is an advantage especially for someone 5'10"...NBA everyone at his position is athletic but taller. Boat has tough time finishing over bigger guys. He will have a productive career overseas.
I don't think we're disagreeing here. Finishing off of one foot in traffic is a huge plus. No doubt. We agree on that.

My point is, if you can't jump off of two feet, then you are going to have trouble rebounding and defending . . .

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Seems we were having this conversation about Bazz a year ago. I won't rule out anything for Boat.

Cheeky, your avatar reminds me of the Ebola virus,

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Zero chance Boat goes in the first round - Zero. Bazz squeeked in thanks to Lebron and the NC. Boat has neither of those going for him (at least not leading a team to the NC), has less height, and is a worse shooter and passer. I love Boat to death and maybe he has his jersey hanging up in Gampel soon, but he is a mid second round pick best case. Not saying he might not be a good pro, he very well could be - but zero shot at a first round pick.

Reaction Score
I don't mean to nitpick your post, because I completely agree with your overall point, but Kemba is better than a sixth man on a good team.

No, I'm not trying to absolve him of blame for his horrendous shooting numbers - at the end of the day, he just needs to find a way to hit 42+% of his shots. But he also got drafted into a terrible situation, and when Charlotte finally started to build a solid foundation, they decided to pair him with a guy (Lance Stephenson) whose game just doesn't mesh at all.

Again, I'm not defending Kemba's atrocious shooting numbers, but when you look at his entire game, he's good enough to start on an NBA playoff-caliber team. (On a side note, I really wish he didn't sign that extension in Charlotte. I would love to see what he could do for another franchise.)

Yeah, for sure, I didn't mean to intend that he couldn't be a starting point guard on a playoff team - after all, he did start (and was probably the second best player) on a playoff team as recently as last season, even if they weren't playoff-caliber, purse. It's a terrible fit for him in Charlotte, not just because of Lance, but because there isn't a big on the roster who is a natural pick-and-pop player. If there was a roster in the league that was going to exacerbate his shooting deficiencies, this one is it. I just think that, eventually, he'll tire of playing on bad teams and sign with a contender.

Reaction Score
Ty Lawson 5'11' drafted first round 18th pick. Same game except Boat can shoot better than Lawson did when he was drafted. Lawson is a stud. Boat will be an NBA player.

lawson shot 47% from 3 his senior year

Reaction Score
I think Boat is a 2nd round pick. Napier is a better passer and has NBA 3pt range. While Boat is a good 3pt shooter, I don't know if it's looked at as a plus by NBA scouts. I do think his on ball defense is better than Napier's, but the problem with small guards is they get posted up much more frequently than in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom