I thought we were supposed to hear something by July 1 | The Boneyard

I thought we were supposed to hear something by July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's what you all told me :) No way those tweets could be wrong. What the hell man?

pj

Reaction Score
You forgot to ask which year.

Reaction Score
That's what you all told me :) No way those tweets could be wrong. What the hell man?

take the wax out of your ears................ Now you can hear it. I just farted!

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Maybe the date got truncated and it could still happen. Could be anywhere between July 11 and July 19. Wait for it, wait for it....

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This July 1st date: wasn't this some sort of random piece of poop flung against the wall by our own Scott Gray? Or did I miss something "official" from one of our moonshining Appalachian friends?

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Dooley said:
This July 1st date: wasn't this some sort of random piece of poop flung against the wall by our own Scott Gray? Or did I miss something "official" from one of our moonshining Appalachian friends?
There was also the 60 days more big announcements coming from the B1G that Delany told Tom Reinhardt from b1g network.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Jerry27 said:
right, and they introduced Rutgers and Maryland
in addition to. And involved NYC area specifically (IMO it involves the b1g basketball tourney coming to NYC)

Reaction Score
I think the 60 day announcement Delany hinted at was the announcements of the NY/NJ cable deals. During the B1G Baseball Final he was in the booth on the Big Ten network for an inning and talked about the network deals in NJ/NY.

Reaction Score
You want a date?

I bet you can give a highly educated guess as to the date of the next CR move. Give me the documents of the TV deals that B1G & ACC & B12 have. Let me examine the "material adverse change clause". Get that pesky Maryland exit suit solved.

This is like watching homeowners watching interest rates and prepayment open options. The MOVE date is when the economics shift to provide more Marginal Revenue to each school in the existing conference. And it doesn't have to be a large incremental number. Donald Sterling is crazy; but, he said the other day that TV rights dollars are going to keep on going up. And, if you look at some recent transactional history, you can see that this market is still dynamic. If that is true, time is all the variable you'll need. Growth in revenue means more eyeballs will come from adding more scale; and then the Contract opens up ... and we have 18 teams in a league and 14 in another and 12 in the other.

I wish there was a strident strong commissioner to all of this stuff. But ... at least we get to watch Senators show their knowledge.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Does anyone know of a drop dead deadline that the B1G has to renegotiate a BTN contract? Whatever that is, I'd say that's the date UCONN fans should worry about. If that comes and goes without a CR peep, then it's time to launch HUSKY TV and consult our Attorneys (I think it's 3 years from now, if I recall correctly).

Reaction Score
Does anyone know of a drop dead deadline that the B1G has to renegotiate a BTN contract? Whatever that is, I'd say that's the date UCONN fans should worry about. If that comes and goes without a CR peep, then it's time to launch HUSKY TV and consult our Attorneys (I think it's 3 years from now, if I recall correctly).

Worry?

My friend ... that is OPPORTUNITY. Many think that we are dealing with stuffed shirt Academics. I think we are seeing a bunch of major Universities push the boom as far as they can. The academic smoke screen; the Stadium/Facilities crap; the Football brand falls victim to some simple calculations: can we make more money and GROW that BTN.

No guarantees for UCONN. I just think we are a logical next step given other alternatives.

Reaction Score

The current T1/T2 media contract expires in 2016 so negotiations are expected to begin next year. There will probably be plenty of rumors to go around by this time next year.

Dooley

Reaction Score
The current T1/T2 media contract expires in 2016 so negotiations are expected to begin next year. There will probably be plenty of rumors to go around by this time next year.

Thanks woomba. That makes this 2014 football season even more critically important. On the field and in the stands. Bowl game or bust. Sellouts or bust. A repeat of 2013 on both fronts all but laces up our concrete boots in the AAC.

Reaction Score
Thanks woomba. That makes this 2014 football season even more critically important. On the field and in the stands. Bowl game or bust. Sellouts or bust. A repeat of 2013 on both fronts all but laces up our concrete boots in the AAC.

Funny enough the school that UConn needs to do well this coming year is UCF...at least until UConn plays them.

A hypothetical undefeated UCF will have some good wins over Penn State, Mizzou, and BYU and will probably be the talk of a potential CFP buster status (not realistic, but there will be media attention). UConn taking that UCF down and winning the AAC + a bowl win is about as close to a perfect season you can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom