Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
can't believe we're playing in the Elite 8, in MSG, in NYC

85/15 Sunday people, we rock the Garden

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, riding back on the train my friend told me just to enjoy the journey. You win and move on. I was complaining about no rim protection - why Amida wasn't in the game - and how his plus/minus must have been pretty good? Admittedly I don't know the number - does anyone?

Reaction Score
I didn't understand why Brinah wasn't in there the last 5 minutes. A few blocked shots would have sealed the victory sooner.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
What hurt us down the stretch is that there was a few minute period where we got caught up in the frenetic pace that they love. This scared me going in (I posted a few days back that I could see us having an eighteen point lead with eight minutes left and getting careless, watching it melt to a four point lead with three minutes left. My son asked me last night if I was psychic) and we did for a brief time fall into that trap.

KO was always in charge and we did right the ship enough to remain standing while a ton of teams who have fans that disregard us are now looking to next season.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, riding back on the train my friend told me just to enjoy the journey. You win and move on. I was complaining about no rim protection - why Amida wasn't in the game - and how his plus/minus must have been pretty good? Admittedly I don't know the number - does anyone?

good advice

and I was thinking the same thing during game, then I realized I'm trying to give KO advice and he's about to get us to the Elite 8

that makes me pretty damn stupid

"enjoy the ride"

Reaction Score
Ollie was asked about our team letting ISU back in the game late 2nd half.

His response: 'I don't care about that right now, we won'!

So I too don't care about Brimah not in, lapses, or other mishaps, we won!

Disclaimer: I'm sure later today Ollie will care (a lot) and will express some of it. But we are fans and we can enjoy the victory a lot longer without worries or 2nd guessing.

Reaction Score
and everyone else that walked through that door
I am sure they all love you back as well. Raining here is Atlanta but it feels sunny for some reason.

I even love AO this morning :)

Reaction Score
What hurt us down the stretch is that there was a few minute period where we got caught up in the frenetic pace that they love. This scared me going in (I posted a few days back that I could see us having an eighteen point lead with eight minutes left and getting careless, watching it melt to a four point lead with three minutes left. My son asked me last night if I was psychic) and we did for a brief time fall into that trap.

Actually I disagree. We started taking the air out of the ball once we went up 17. So our offense started to get a bit stagnant with guys standing around as we ran clock. This carried over to our defense as seemed less active especially on the boards and with loose balls. ISU started playing with a sense of urgency and we were looking to hold on. It obviously was effective; survive and advance and all of that, but I have always hated (even w/ JC) how we close out games. People forget that we had a big lead over Clemson that we squandered when Tate hit the shot. Same thing against GTech in 04. We were up 20 and got passive and let them make it interesting.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Actually I disagree. We started taking the air out of the ball once we went up 17. So our offense started to get a bit stagnant with guys standing around as we ran clock. This carried over to our defense as seemed less active especially on the boards and with loose balls. ISU started playing with a sense of urgency and we were looking to hold on. It obviously was effective; survive and advance and all of that, but I have always hated (even w/ JC) how we close out games. People forget that we had a big lead over Clemson that we squandered when Tate hit the shot. I will never forget that and cannot tell you how p!ssed I was while watching it. Something similar happened in 1994 against Florida. Same thing against GTech in 04. I don't see that as similar as the melting of the lead started far too late in the game and all it could have done (which is what it did) was make the final score look a bit more respectable. I will agrree that we did call off the dogs quite early in that game and I was a bit bummed that we didn't beat them by 40 (which we could have). We were up 20 and got passive and let them make it interesting.

I will disagree about last night however, we launched a couple of early (and bad) shots, started getting into a full court pass, turnover contest and (at least in my opinion) that, not the slow down that started a couple of possessions before that and returned after a second KO timeout was what gave ISU some life, some hope and the opportunity to cut into the lead.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Brimah couldn't guard Houge on the dribble drive. Giffey didn't do much better. But KO probably took the trade off for offense.

Brimah looked like a defensive all-star in the first half. He completely negated ISU's game plan. But in the second half they figured out the spacing and matchup to beat him, they just had too big a deficit at that point and Uconn took care of business at the line.

How we do against MSU depends a lot on Brimah, and how he does depends a lot on who he is matched up against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom