I like what I see from this team. They are growing... | The Boneyard

I like what I see from this team. They are growing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
and they will continue to get better.

We'll be looking at a monster in Facey in early February.

Brimah will get it together. He is looking much better on the blocks. And he's not facing Okafor until the final 4.

Boat is Boat. Nothing more needs to be said.

Purvis is simply going to learn to drive and smash people without losing his head. He is going to get it together.

Hamilton needs to get Jeff Goodman out of his head and simply start hogging the ball.

Samuel needs to give us tough D and crazy drives to the basket. He can do that. I'm sure he will.

Phil Nolan will give us fouls and maybe he can bloody a few guys out there.

Cassell and Omar, we're waiting for you two to find yourselves. Cassell is going to give Ryan his 5-7 minutes of rest. Omar, relax. Don't be so tight on those 3's.

Reaction Score
Unless the rim grows with them it will be a challenging season. This just might not be our year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kitaman said:
Unless the rim grows it will be a challenging season. This just might not be our year.

Upstater makes all valid points but this is the simplest solution. Find a shooter and everything becomes easier.

Reaction Score
This is a very good, very young team. Problem is they might be a team that could theoretically beat anyone in the tournament, but end up in the NIT.

We are older than Duke. We are not a young team by college hoops standards.

And you have a low standard for very good.

Reaction Score
Doesn't matter how much they grow if they don't learn to shoot. Without finding someone who can make an outside shot, this team is firmly on the bubble. Today, they are the outside of the bubble.

Reaction Score
Growing into what. Good effort but the talent isnt there. Purvis looks like he has very little hops unless the injury is bothering him. Oh well it will be a trying season for UConn bball even in the AAC. Is this the worst talent we have ever had in the last 25 years?

Reaction Score
We were 1 player away tonight.

If Purvis, who was awful tonight, or anyone outside of Boat, Dham, and Facey stepped up we could of won this game.

Going into this year Purvis was suppose to be that guy, he needs to be for this team to be legit.

Reaction Score
Growing into what. Good effort but the talent isnt there. Purvis looks like he has very little hops unless the injury is bothering him. Oh well it will be a trying season for UConn bball even in the AAC. Is the worst talent we have ever had in the last 25 years?
We have a winner, no one else need apply, idiot of the night has been awarded!

Reaction Score
ASweet3781 said:
We are older than Duke. We are not a young team by college hoops standards.

And you have a low standard for very good.

We are UConn not one and done factory. We start one senior 3 sophs and a freshman. That is young unless you expect all those underclassmen to leave.

caw

Reaction Score
Defense is very solid, even with Brimah out most of the game UConn held Duke to 66 points. That's the #2 team in the country who has the best (KenPom) offense in the country (or did before tonight). Hope Samuel is OK, he was absolutely terrorizing Dukes guards on defense in the second half before he got injured.

Boatright is amazing and now that he's healthy that's a huge plus.

The rest of the offense has issues but there are bright spots that could be very good by NCAAT time. Now need to make the tournament.

Reaction Score
We have a winner, no one else need apply, idiot of the night has been awarded!
Call me what you want but that is what I see. Our record is what we are right now. .500 team. I will still watch but this might be as ugly as rips freshman year.

Reaction Score
Jerry1714 said:
We were 1 player away tonight.

If Purvis, who was awful tonight, or anyone outside of Boat, Dham, and Facey stepped up we could of won this game.

Going into this year Purvis was suppose to be that guy, he needs to be for this team to be legit.

I think your on the money here. If Cassel or Calhoun finds his shot again it could be one of them next time. We have tons a slashers just need that option to kick out to for a bucket. 1 player away. I'm with you.

Reaction Score
Boat will leave it out there, Hamilton will keep getting better, but I just don't know it we have enough.

At this point, our best hope is Omar coming back to freshman year status. I never thought I would say that - thought that would just be a bonus. But with Purvis looking like he is, and Samuel maybe out for a while (he could still get a medical redshirt, if it's serious), we might be looking at needing 25 mins and close to10 ppg out of Omar (and floor spacing).

Reaction Score
This is a team that can't shoot outside shots,or get an offensive rebound .Boatright can't do it all by himself.

Reaction Score
Maybe they can get KF involved in the offense more. The kid has talent. He does have to learn to box out better on the defensive side.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This team...has the ability to be a top 10 team. We saw flashes tonight. But shooting and purposeful depth will hold us back.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Purvis looked good at times. I know people are getting down on him but he just needs time.

Omar hustled and grabbed boards. If the shots fall (they looked okay), it'll be nice having him back.

Brimah isn't going to play like that every game. He got victimized by the refs. They got to the pint where they assumed he would foul.

Hamilton I'd like to see be a bit more aggressive. He settles for pull ups instead of taking it to the rim a little too often IMO.

Facey is a solid player. Bested by Jefferson, sure, but improving.

I think more minutes will come for Lubin. Not horrendous.

Reaction Score
Growing into what. Good effort but the talent isnt there. Purvis looks like he has very little hops unless the injury is bothering him. Oh well it will be a trying season for UConn bball even in the AAC. Is this the worst talent we have ever had in the last 25 years?

"Is this the worst talent we have ever had in the last 25 years?"

Could be. This question was also answered in the affirmative when it was asked last January,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom