I Know it is Inappropriately Early but... | The Boneyard

I Know it is Inappropriately Early but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
While I'm waiting for the post-season to get underway, I was daydreaming about next year.

My dream for next year (apart from no freakin' injuries) is that Kaleena institutes a Stef-like and Moriah-like summer regimen, comes in fitter, healthier and better than ever... a legit NPOY candidate. She is entirely capable of this.

Similarly for Kiah... She has taken a significant step up this year due to the thin bench/increased playing time. If she develops into any kind of a consistent offensive threat from the mid-range in, it will be HUGE for the team and she will reap individual honors on a regular basis. Release the beast within!

Morgan... HEALTH!! I wish her a complete season unencumbered by health issues. We have only seen a tantalizing hint of what she can be.

Stewie and Moriah... continued improvement is indicated. No ceiling in sight. I think this will be Moriah's team. She has the personality and desire to lead. This is a less natural trait for seniors KML, Brianna and Kiah.

"We have Stewie and you don't." Period.

Assuming a healthy Morgan, those are our best players, but they may not be the starting 5. Who will start? My wild @55 guess is that Morgan will come off the bench and that Kiah will start at center at least initially. Kiah starting gives Stewie the most freedom to be 'TBS', but this scenario is really in Kiah's hands. I think she can do it. Kaleena and Stewie join her in the post. What an impressive front line!

There will be spirited competition for guard minutes among Saniya, Brianna, Sadie, Courtney, Kia, and Gabby. Saniya appears to be favored by Geno right now over Brianna, but I remember a few pre-injury games where BB looked absolutely great. I'm not counting her out of the potential starter role at all.

The bench... Kia and Courtney in particular strike me as early contributors and maybe more. Sadie and Gabby are capable of scrapping for minutes also. The bench may go back to being more of a strength than a concern.

Coaches... bring in a couple more quality post players please. I have asked so little of you over the years. :rolleyes:

Ok, there. Back from the future, I can now return to enjoying the present... GO HUSKIES!!! :D

psconn

Reaction Score
too early

C'mon Phil...

I checked the BY rules. No violation.

Until the AAC is decided and the NCAA brackets are posted a man can day dream, can't he?
Not a hint of negativism, no other poster attacked, no Tennessee reference... what's the problem?
"too early"... geez. Of course its early, premature, and whatever. But fun and harmless, too. :cool:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I checked the BY rules. No violation.
Agree, nothing is too early for the Boneyard. But I'm gonna wait til the lull between the AAC tourney and the NCAA tourney. That one is tough.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I wasn't suggesting it is a violation of rules. I am suggesting we are getting to the most exciting portion of the season, and I personally want to enjoy this part of the season. There will be more than enough time to discuss the future in the summer. That said, if anyone else wants to talk about it, they are free to. I choose not to.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Yeah, leave us something to discuss during the dog days of summer! We've got an NCAA Championship to win!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
If (crosses fingers and toes) Gabby has two good wheels to play on, she could crack the rotation; not start, but get meaningful minutes. By all reports, she is one helluva athlete.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
While I'm waiting for the post-season to get underway, I was daydreaming about next year.

My dream for next year (apart from no freakin' injuries) is that Kaleena institutes a Stef-like and Moriah-like summer regimen, comes in fitter, healthier and better than ever... a legit NPOY candidate. She is entirely capable of this.

Similarly for Kiah... She has taken a significant step up this year due to the thin bench/increased playing time. If she develops into any kind of a consistent offensive threat from the mid-range in, it will be HUGE for the team and she will reap individual honors on a regular basis. Release the beast within!

Morgan... HEALTH!! I wish her a complete season unencumbered by health issues. We have only seen a tantalizing hint of what she can be.

Stewie and Moriah... continued improvement is indicated. No ceiling in sight. I think this will be Moriah's team. She has the personality and desire to lead. This is a less natural trait for seniors KML, Brianna and Kiah.

"We have Stewie and you don't." Period.

Assuming a healthy Morgan, those are our best players, but they may not be the starting 5. Who will start? My wild @55 guess is that Morgan will come off the bench and that Kiah will start at center at least initially. Kiah starting gives Stewie the most freedom to be 'TBS', but this scenario is really in Kiah's hands. I think she can do it. Kaleena and Stewie join her in the post. What an impressive front line!

There will be spirited competition for guard minutes among Saniya, Brianna, Sadie, Courtney, Kia, and Gabby. Saniya appears to be favored by Geno right now over Brianna, but I remember a few pre-injury games where BB looked absolutely great. I'm not counting her out of the potential starter role at all.

The bench... Kia and Courtney in particular strike me as early contributors and maybe more. Sadie and Gabby are capable of scrapping for minutes also. The bench may go back to being more of a strength than a concern.

Coaches... bring in a couple more quality post players please. I have asked so little of you over the years. :rolleyes:

Ok, there. Back from the future, I can now return to enjoying the present... GO HUSKIES!!! :D

Thanks...plenty of room in my head for now and then.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I wasn't suggesting it is a violation of rules. I am suggesting we are getting to the most exciting portion of the season, and I personally want to enjoy this part of the season. There will be more than enough time to discuss the future in the summer. That said, if anyone else wants to talk about it, they are free to. I choose not to.
Actually, you chose to twice....lol.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Sorry psconn - but you just went on secret double probation in my book! I think you failed to read the 14th page of posting rules at the very bottom in very fine type - Rule # 227.A.mcdxliv.q (sub paragraph 13) Thou shalt not dream until April 16th.
It is an easy to overlook section of the rules, but one some of us take EXTREMELY seriously!:cool:

psconn

Reaction Score
Sorry psconn - but you just went on secret double probation in my book! I think you failed to read the 14th page of posting rules at the very bottom in very fine type - Rule # 227.A.mcdxliv.q (sub paragraph 13) Thou shalt not dream until April 16th.
It is an easy to overlook section of the rules, but one some of us take EXTREMELY seriously!:cool:

Guilty. [sigh] :(

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
If (crosses fingers and toes) Gabby has two good wheels to play on, she could crack the rotation; not start, but get meaningful minutes. By all reports, she is one helluva athlete.

I would think Ms. Nurse will be 1st in line, given her international experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom