I hope the Boatshow learned something tonight | The Boneyard

I hope the Boatshow learned something tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He was completely out of sorts.

When he gets the ball in the back court. He can easily bring it up. He froze and passed.

On offense, he pounded the ball instead of move it.

When he had the open three, he didn't shoot.

It was the worst decision making I have seen from the Boatshow. He looked lost. I hope he learned somthing.

Reaction Score
I love Boatright but he was exposed tonight, he's not even close to ready for the NBA. He is a competitor though and will get a lot better.

Reaction Score
Doesn't quite know how to take a game over yet. I think he thought he could dribble through the press and traps. He is used to blowing by folks. But Silva pushed him from the back right into the bigs and he had no were to go.

Reaction Score
Bad game. 5 TO's. Hopefully he looks at the film and make the required adjustments. He needs a lot of work on running the offense. Also too much dribbling.

Reaction Score
I think both Napier and Boatright understand that neither has any business applying for the NBA until they complete 4 years of college.
They have to learn to play against players that are far quicker then they are.
I think if they stay, they will. Good learning experience tonight.

Reaction Score
Someone raised the blatant charge to start the 2nd half in the game thread (with Bazz open for 3 and Omar available for a layup), but that play really turned things. I fast forwarded the next few minutes out of frustration. Crappy half.

Reaction Score
that play should have been a blocking call on silva. I dont blame boat for going right at him trying to get him to pickup his 3rd foul which he should have. Either way tonight was a good learning experience

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
that play should have been a blocking call on silva. I dont blame boat for going right at him trying to get him to pickup his 3rd foul which he should have. Either way tonight was a good learning experience
That play and the non call on SN where there was a lot of body contact changed the way our guards had to play. Big difference in how their guards got past UConn guards but were not effectively challenged by UConn bigs vs. Ville bigs neutralizing UConn guards when they got past Villes guards.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I love Boatright but he was exposed tonight, he's not even close to ready for the NBA. He is a competitor though and will get a lot better.

Exposed is a good word. He didn't get away with the same stuff he does against the weaker teams. He needs to give it up more and sooner. He'll get it back. And when you keep going 1 on 2 and 1 on 3 all the time, you can't get on a guy for expecting you to shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom