I have noticed a theme........ | The Boneyard

I have noticed a theme........

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
At half time and after games, even on other games no involving UCONN, commentators have mentioned "who" can challenge UCONN this season.

Two people I highly respect, Kara Lawson and Debbie Antonelli both mention Notre Dame and Maryland.

My question is why Maryland??

Why do commentators think so much of this Maryland squad. They aren't even picked to win the ACC, yet they have more than once been mentioned as one of the teams that could challenge the Huskies.

Did we or did we not beat them at Maryland handily without a starter and the first sub off the bench?

Can someone help me understand this, please.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maryland came within 20 of us, has a great player, and are a top-6 or so team. I think they're in the conversation, so to speak, but I think ND is the only real challenger--if anyone is.

Reaction Score
They have Alyssa Thomas, players coming back from injuries and young players. When they get to the tournament, they will be a better team than the team we beat. Yes, we beat them at home, and we will be a better team, too.

Reaction Score
At half time and after games, even on other games no involving UCONN, commentators have mentioned "who" can challenge UCONN this season.

Two people I highly respect, Kara Lawson and Debbie Antonelli both mention Notre Dame and Maryland.

My question is why Maryland??

Why do commentators think so much of this Maryland squad. They aren't even picked to win the ACC, yet they have more than once been mentioned as one of the teams that could challenge the Huskies.

Did we or did we not beat them at Maryland handily without a starter and the first sub off the bench?

Can someone help me understand this, please.
They gotta talk about something. Maybe they like the way the Terps match up with us? So much of it is idle chatter. Me thinks ND and Duke on a bad night for us!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Maryland is coming nowhere near UCONN this year. They will be second or third in the ACC.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
They gotta talk about something. Maybe they like the way the Terps match up with us? So much of it is idle chatter. Me thinks ND and Duke on a bad night for us!
No one matches up with Uconn. That doesn't mean Uconn can't be beaten.

I believe ND comes closest with Achonwa, Loyd and McBride. They match up well with Dolson, Hartley and KML. But who on ND matches up with Stewart and Jefferson?

Reaction Score
No one matches up with Uconn. That doesn't mean Uconn can't be beaten.

I believe ND comes closest with Achonwa, Loyd and McBride. They match up well with Dolson, Hartley and KML. But who on ND matches up with Stewart and Jefferson?
Well, just off the top of my head, Lebron James matches up pretty well with Stewart and Allen Iverson matches up with Jefferson. :D

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
They also mentioned Stanford. I have no problem in Maryland being mentioned - they are a good team, what surprises me is that no one ever mentions Duke in the same way. There are maybe 6 teams that might be challenging to Uconn in the NCAAs and Uconn has already beaten most of them. ND stands out as the one with a chance that has yet to lose a game because they haven't and will not play Uconn, but they also have yet to play a top ten team.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Well, just off the top of my head, Lebron James matches up pretty well with Stewart and Allen Iverson matches up with Jefferson. :D
This post just reminded me of the coed game on first night and MoJeff and the men' guard shaking and baking against each other - my favorite single moment for that evening

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
UConn imo has already proved injuries cant stop them and either can a bad shooting night and all on the road. Don't forget UConn will get better as the season goes on. KML has been off since coming back from her injury. She will get better in a couple of weeks. Morgan is still not back and we don't need her for a couple of weeks. We're in good shape. You saw Duke almost lost today. We see ND tomorrow. One thing to bring up. Stanford MD and Duke all have one loss and its to UConn without KML and Tuck for the entire game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom