I have never been a Duke fan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I have never been a Duke fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Carolyn or somebody said ND was sluggish and not showing the energy they usually do. I'm thinking this is a competitive game, but maybe ND is just mailing it in.

Why on earth would ND mail this game in? That's ridiculous

Reaction Score
"I gotta get better... I gotta go to work"- Coach P... She has stepped her coaching up big time after the 2nd Notre Dame game

Reaction Score
I will not be surprised if ND blitzes them 50-25 in the second half.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
ND struggling a bit with Duke's zone. The approach against ND has always been to take away their precision/rhythm passing and cutting game and turn them in to jump shooters. That sort of defense has not worked as well this year because of the shooting of McBride, Loyd and Mabrey. We'll see what kind of adjustments ND makes in the 2nd half.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Duke has already hung in about 15 minutes longer than I thought they would :D

Reaction Score
Duke comes out punching, 2 quick baskets, followed by a Notre Dame 3; Duke up 32-31

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Duke has to figure out a way to get Liston some open looks.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Good for Duke. With all the adversity they've had to face (injuries and defections), it's nice to see them putting a solid game together against a really good team. If they had played like this the past month they wouldn't be on the verge of being a 3 seed in the NCAA's...

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Well it was fun while it lasted.

TW - Look up"Flop" in the dictionary and there is a ND Logo

Reaction Score
Duke just doing enough to stay in the game, but are on the verge of getting completely taken out of the game. These next couple minutes will be crucial. Make these free throws and keep getting Williams the ball.

Reaction Score
I love seeing Duke keep competing the way they are. Just need better offensive flow. Good game by Kalia Johnson and Liz

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Crap :oops:

Yup. I thought Duke played as well as can be expected without Gray and Jones. Holding ND under 70 gave the Devils a chance, but the lack of offensive weapons was its undoing.

Reaction Score
Why would anyone care about a team they don't like other than having a lack of confidence in the one they do? :confused: Duke beating ND would not change a thing seeding wise and only demean us beating them for all the marbles.... This with both teams going in undefeated.
No slander here but UCONN fans should be as confident as the team and not need anyone else to beat anyone before we may face them. This is not a weak team that needs wishes to win, simply fan support to kick to the championship!
Again no malice meant...

No malice meant here. But I think I can agree with the OP. It has nothing to do with being scared or our probable matchup. We just dislike the school immensely. Your belief this dislike is due ot having lack of confidence isn't correct in this instance for the OP or some of us. I don't like bullies (bullies that harm) or arrogance. You can't tell some of us, that ND isn't among the top arrogant schools in the nation. deserved or not - reason they are or not - is irrelevant. Some of us don;'t have to root for them or like them. No doubt if I met each of the kids and the coaches etc I'd love them. So don't take it too serious with the dislike/hate. It's all in fun.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I will not be surprised if ND blitzes them 50-25 in the second half.

You now risk becoming our official BY guru predictor!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Can someone explain why the best three point shooter int he country didn't make a single attempt? I don't want to hear it was good defense, I saw times she could shoot, unless she only takes wide open shots.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Can someone explain why the best three point shooter int he country didn't make a single attempt? I don't want to hear it was good defense, I saw times she could shoot, unless she only takes wide open shots.

I'll have to take another look but I didn't think she had many good opportunities. Part of the problem is that Liston is not quick and requires help from her teammates to get open. Unfortunately, her teammates are not great screeners and Jackson and Johnson were not especially patient. I was a little surprised that Duke didn't try to post Liston up, especially when Allen was guarding her. That would have been a better strategy than trying to take quicker guards off the dribble. All that said, it's easier to defend a team that has only 2 options on offense and that's the Duke team right now.

Aside from Duke not hitting a 3-pointer, some other interesting factoids:

• ND's point guard played 29 minutes and did not attempt a shot. Not even a free throw. Even Lorin Dixon would hoist up a shot or two and Allen is a better shooter than Dixon was.
  • McBride and Loyd combined for all but 7 of ND's made shots and 51 of ND's 69 points.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'll have to take another look but I didn't think she had many good opportunities. Part of the problem is that Liston is not quick and requires help from her teammates to get open. Unfortunately, her teammates are not great screeners and Jackson and Johnson were not especially patient. I was a little surprised that Duke didn't try to post Liston up, especially when Allen was guarding her. That would have been a better strategy than trying to take quicker guards off the dribble. All that said, it's easier to defend a team that has only 2 options on offense and that's the Duke team right now.

Aside from Duke not hitting a 3-pointer, some other interesting factoids:

• [ ]ND's point guard played 29 minutes and did not attempt a shot. Not even a free throw. Even Lorin Dixon would hoist up a shot or two and Allen is a better shooter than Dixon was.

[ ]McBride and Loyd combined for all but 7 of ND's made shots and 51 of ND's 69 points.

You are indeed a wise woman :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman