I apologize to Rodney Purvis | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I apologize to Rodney Purvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Many fans have written Rodney Purvis off as a over hyped transfer. ( including me ) Sunday's game may have changed a lot of minds out there. He continues to be the key going forward. He actually look good at the free throw line. He must be working hard on his technique. When he plays as well as he played on Sunday there is no team in the country ( except maybe Kentucky) that we can't beat if we play a great game. Looking forward to the last two season games and of course the AAC tournament. GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
How about him going perfect from the line as well? His form seemed much better and he followed through on his free throws. They all looked good from the moment they left his hands, unlike the majority of his attempts at the charity stripe in games prior. That dunk was one of the best in game dunks i have seen in person, maybe even the best. Nice job Rodney!

Reaction Score
I think the biggest thing for Purvis is to not focus on his scoring. Yesterday was his biggest day in the box score, adding 4 rebounds, 3 assists, and 3 steals. We are 4-5 in the games he plays and does not record an assist. We are 7-2 when he shoots above 50%. 8 out of the 9 50%+ games he had at least on assist. Seems an efficient Purvis without tunnel vision to the hoop is what drives the team. Also, UConn is now 8-0 when he makes at least 50% of his free throws.

Reaction Score
There's always one guy like this in the crowd -

Basic rules of life:

1. Apologize when you're wrong.
2. When someone mans up and apologizes, man up and accept the apology - there is nothing more douchey and childlike than not accepting a sincere apology.
I'm not being apologized to; I have nothing to accept.

Reaction Score
Apologies to KO and RP. KO never gives up trying to teach his players and RP must have been listening.
He left my jaw hanging a few times in the last two games.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I think it's interesting that he admits to trying to avoid contact. That would definitely be an impediment to going hard to the rim, lol. Hopefully, that dunk and his success on line has his head clear and confidence back. Having Boat, DHam AND Purvis able to get to the rim from the perimeter would be huge

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ive never trashed the kid but let him get a few more games like this then the kissing will be more appropriate.
Uh it's like you don't read even the Boneyard. A player is a either A) a sure of lottery pick or B) a wasted scholarship and it changes week to week based upon his most recent game.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Kid was awesome yesterday. His last three halves are hopefully as sign of what's to come.

Reaction Score
Sincerely Kitaman.

Alright everyone Man Up!

although, I didn't post here about his below average play at times, I did certainly think that... so apologies to the ferrari. As many have stated, hopefully this is a trend and not a blip. dunk was one of the exciting plays of the year ( both physically and figuratively)... his aggressiveness throughout the game, but to be honest the BEST part of his day was no missed free throws...
keep it going rodney...

and to rocktheworld... settle down francis

Reaction Score
Not at all. He deserved the criticism he received before AND he deserved the praise he received from the game he played today. Just hope he has turned the corner and continues to play like he did today. He seemed more at ease and just went out and played. Great performance.

NO. No. If you're speaking for the Purvis bashers, you can't get away with this.

It was one thing this year to view Purvis as a young man with great potential who wasn't getting it done and hadn't found a way to contribute night after night. That was not just fair but accurate. Instead, many (and I'm not saying you) instead turned it into a lack of talent and a low ceiling. Well, that was just shown to be wrong. If he never hits that level again this year, we've all seen what he can do.

Do I expect anyone to actually say they were dead on, flat out wrong? LOL.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
And there are ways to criticize a poster without being a dick about it. A lot of you failed miserably there.

Speaking of which, my man Chap has been MIA.
He kept it general. Didn't single any one out. Rodney on the other hand was the one player most singled out. I would say Rocktheworld was being slightly a dick, but there was one huge collective dickness directed toward Rodney by a lot of the posters.

I don't approve the way Rocktheworld is going about it, but there is a huge character flaw when a bunch of people need to pile on a person for failed expectations.

In my book I think people didn't need to see this game to apologize for the way they acted. It was a collective over the top vitriol for one of our own. Of course I sometimes get carried away with my antagonism to the squid, boogerman and Hateway so I understand where people come from.

So let me do what I say and apologize for my past indiscretions. I also apologize for those future ones I know I will vent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom