I am glad we did not get Vonleh... | The Boneyard

I am glad we did not get Vonleh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If it would have meant we lost out on Brimah, then you are right. If it could have meant both Brimah and Vonleh as a two-headed monster, then I'm not glad. I would take Vonleh for a one game rental right now!

Reaction Score
Not sure if you're premise is you don't like one and dones. If that is it we can argue that forever. I come from the school that you put the best talent on the floor whenever you can. He would of been a step up IMO

Reaction Score
Not sure if you're premise is you don't like one and dones. If that is it we can argue that forever. I come from the school that you put the best talent on the floor whenever you can. He would of been a step up IMO

While this is true, you wouldn't trade Vonleh for Brimah, right? I know I wouldn't.

Reaction Score
Jeremy Holowell and Austin Etherington are most likely transferring as well. IU and Tom Crean are in big trouble.

Reaction Score
I prefer watching players develop over their college careers at which JC was a master in doing. Perhaps Vonleh would have been a step up for our team but as an earlier poster stated, we may have missed a gem in Brimah. The kid has been fun to watch.

Reaction Score
On the other side of things I think Vonleh is going to be a damn good pro in a few years. I would take my chances on him over Smart or Ennis.

Reaction Score
I prefer watching players develop over their college careers at which JC was a master in doing. Perhaps Vonleh would have been a step up for our team but as an earlier poster stated, we may have missed a gem in Brimah. The kid has been fun to watch.
Dont get too comfortable, we could very well have two "1 and dones" playing next year. Part of me thinks KO could have gotten him to stay another year, another part sees him as a lock for top ten in the draft. hard to pass up the latter.

Reaction Score
While this is true, you wouldn't trade Vonleh for Brimah, right? I know I wouldn't.
No way... Not in a sec knowing he is gone. You're point is well taken and I would not do that trade "today" . I think we got a keeper with Brimah and I'll go to war with him. But if you asked me before the season started who I'm taking, I'm taking vonleh

Reaction Score

If it's between the current version of Vonleh and the current version of Brimah, I'll take Vonleh. If it's one year of Vonleh vs. three years of Brimah, I wholeheartedly agree.

Reaction Score
There are times this year when I would have rather had Vonleh than Daniels at the 4. Possibly even this coming weekend.

But next year I'd rather have Daniels than a gaping hole in our roster.

(Note: I'm comparing whose position Vonleh would have taken, obviously not whose spot on the roster he would have taken in the same recruiting year.)

Reaction Score
Jeremy Holowell and Austin Etherington are most likely transferring as well. IU and Tom Crean are in big trouble.

Just confirmed with the possibility of a walk-on, Jonny Marlin, leaving too. That's 4 seniors and 3 scholarship players plus 1 walk-on.

IU just tanked. Hard.

Reaction Score
Is it that the kids don't like Crean? I mean, I know he's not a good game coach, but kids like to play for all sorts of poor game coaches (Roy, Self, Calipari, etc.).

Reaction Score
He recruited over a lot of these kids. They should be just fine talent wise. I mean, how many SFs can you possibly need? He's got the kid from Virginia, already has Williams. They recruited 4 small forwards and were still going after Devin Robinson.

U

UCONNfan1

Trade him? No. Add him? Yes. I get the point of the OP - if getting a guy for 1 year meant losing out on Brimah, then I say no. But I don't think Brimah was that highly sought after. He was a 2 star recruit. Who else did he have offers from? Would he have come if we had Vonleh on board too? I don't know. But I'm selfish. Take em both...

I see Brimah as a 3 year kid. Some may say he could jump after 2, but look at what Thabeet has done. I think NBA execs would be crazy to take Brimah, as raw as he is, after only 2 years. Let him add some real muscle and see how he can do at the elite college level first...

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
He recruited over a lot of these kids. They should be just fine talent wise.
Yeah, but the culture there is broken. When you start seeing defections like that, you're seeing a program in trouble.

I think we can all appreciate how having experience on the bench - and by that I mean guys who play sparingly - can still help a program. It's practically necessary if you're giving big minutes to freshman, which is what IU will be doing.

They'll be a .500 team (or thereabouts) again next year, and Crean will be out. At which point someone will drive a Crimson-and-Cream colored dumptruck full of cash up to Gregg Marshall's house.

Reaction Score
Creen has about 400 years left on his contract, but if next year goes like this year he will be gone. This is not what they expect 7 years into his time there, completely not acceptable.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If it's between the current version of Vonleh and the current version of Brimah, I'll take Vonleh. If it's one year of Vonleh vs. three years of Brimah, I wholeheartedly agree.

I'll take the guy that saved our 1st round game.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'd think that will all the defections, IU might be looking at some APR issues. That's a lot of retention points they won't get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom