Husky Walk | The Boneyard

Husky Walk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@Thephotodawg: Former @UconnWBB great #PeggyWalsh greets son #TommyMeyers @UConnFootball TE b4 2014 opener v #BYU on @espn 7pm

image.jpg

Reaction Score
I'll be tuning in from Florida. Can't wait!!! Been antsy and anxious since I got home from work. Vacuumed and cleaned my apartment. Went for a run even went out and had dinner. Let's go already! SO pumped!!!!

Reaction Score
Hopefully the crowd will fill in along the Husky Walk. We were the only fans for at least 100 feet as they left the gray lot before they got to the band and the tunnel. It was great to see the players, they seemed sincere in their appreciation for the fans.

Perhaps they need to shorten the walk until the crowd gets used to the process. They could start the walk in the paved surface lot that's between the gray lot and the band. I'd also split the band: have one group lead the team to the stadium and the other group can be at the tunnel.

Kudos to Dan Davis and his teammates for suggesting it and to the fans and band for supporting it.

Reaction Score
Was anyone closer to the tunnel area for the Husky Walk? How was the atmosphere there?

One newspaper article this morning said there were "dozens" of fans at the walk. Ouch. Retool this by next week, too.

Reaction Score
There were a few hundred of us within 3o yards of the tunnel. Unlike previous walks, the band was stationary and didn't march with the players. Was a little wierd as there was noboby lining the walk at the beginnign portion of the walk. More program growing pains

Reaction Score
Was anyone closer to the tunnel area for the Husky Walk? How was the atmosphere there?

One newspaper article this morning said there were "dozens" of fans at the walk. Ouch. Retool this by next week, too.

I was and the atmosphere was pretty good. Lots of players' families. It'd be nice if more fans took the time to greet the team, especially from the Blue & Grey lots. It's right there. I can forgive people not coming from Red lot. I parked in Aero Club and I don't think I'd do that walk again. Maybe if my son really wants to.

Reaction Score
The team grinded one out and is in the hunt for a bowl game. Please please come out and greet the team on the Husky walk. They need our fans out in big numbers for the Houston game. Put down the food, the beer for 10 minutes and go berserk for Diaco and the team as they get off the busses and head for the locker room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom