Huskies vs. Huskies? | The Boneyard

Huskies vs. Huskies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not to get ahead of ourselves but...

How much are Plum-Osafor-Walton to be feared?

Scouting report from the Boneyard cognoscenti, please.

Reaction Score
Osafor, playing UConn, would not be much of a factor I don't think. She is a great player, she has a very unique shooting technique, she does have good footwork, and obviously incredible strength. I don't see her getting off too many of those three point shots against UConn. The pace at which UConn plays would have her very tired within the first couple minutes. Though she is a great player and has overcome a lot, I don't see her being a big factor in the game.
Kelsey Plum may get her shots and may get her points, or she may not. I could easily see Moriah blanketing her. She's good at getting to the line so Stewie and Morgan especially would need to have perfect block position in the paint.
I'm not entirely sure about Walton. Debbie Antonelli compared her to Marissa Coleman in one of the games in terms of body shape and strength. Seeing her, I would argue she has similar scoring abilities as well. She's an excellent three point shooter, she can rebound, and she can score inside.
Overall, while it would be fun to have two Husky teams playing for the championship, it will not be much of a game.

Reaction Score
I think this would be an incredible final! Plum is a lot of fun to watch. I think our only match up problem would be Jonathan vs their dog though!

Reaction Score
I agree with Lobo50Fan. Would Osafor be able to keep up with UConn's break? She doesn't run the floor, and Washington is willing to wait for her to get up the floor. A perfect time to double the player with the ball. They can't throw it to her if she's still in the back court. It would be fun to watch, but then so too would it be fun to beat Coach Q, who wouldn't play UConn so Breanna could have a proper homecoming, and who in the past has had team who committed hard fouls that were not basketball plays. When Maya was on the team, and they were playing at the Dome, UConn had a large lead an Geno instructed the Husky players to not bring the ball past half court so the players wouldn't get hurt by a cheap shot, at least that's how I remember it.

Reaction Score
Osafor, playing UConn, would not be much of a factor I don't think. She is a great player, she has a very unique shooting technique, she does have good footwork, and obviously incredible strength. I don't see her getting off too many of those three point shots against UConn. The pace at which UConn plays would have her very tired within the first couple minutes. Though she is a great player and has overcome a lot, I don't see her being a big factor in the game.
Kelsey Plum may get her shots and may get her points, or she may not. I could easily see Moriah blanketing her. She's good at getting to the line so Stewie and Morgan especially would need to have perfect block position in the paint.
I'm not entirely sure about Walton. Debbie Antonelli compared her to Marissa Coleman in one of the games in terms of body shape and strength. Seeing her, I would argue she has similar scoring abilities as well. She's an excellent three point shooter, she can rebound, and she can score inside.
Overall, while it would be fun to have two Husky teams playing for the championship, it will not be much of a game.

Osahor*, my apologies...

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Not to get ahead of ourselves but...

How much are Plum-Osafor-Walton to be feared?

Scouting report from the Boneyard cognoscenti, please.
Hate to look three games out, but I'd like our big three in that match up. Osahor's a great story but you put Stewie on her and Morgan on Walton and I think we'd be okay. Tough to see how Osahor doesn't become a liability in the transition game.

Reaction Score
has anyone mentioned/noticed what i think i have...
it looks like morgan valley is an assistant coach at UW

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This Cinderella has big shoes! Always beware a team living a dream. Oh, wait, UConn is chasing a dream too! :)

Reaction Score
No disrespect to the OP, but threads like this give me the jitters. To appease the MOJO Gods I will say now:

WE ARE DOOMED!!!!! DOOMED I TELL YOU!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc