Howling at The Rent ? | The Boneyard

Howling at The Rent ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know this was mentioned in a thread below, but I think it needs its own thread. Periodically ( maybe on third down? ) there was a sound effect of a combination of barking dogs, howling Huskies,what seemed like cars crashing into each other and general miscellaneous noise. And to top it off it was incredibly loud.

Wondering what everyone else thought of this . I appreciate the effort to try something new. But I think they have to tweak this. I saw older people to young kids with hands over their ears. The 10 people in our group, all gave it the dumps down.

Looking for your thoughts.

Reaction Score
I know this was mentioned in a thread below, but I think it needs its own thread. Periodically ( maybe on third down? ) there was a sound effect of a combination of barking dogs, howling Huskies,what seemed like cars crashing into each other and general miscellaneous noise. And to top it off it was incredibly loud.

Wondering what everyone else thought of this . I appreciate the effort to try something new. But I think they have to tweak this. I saw older people to young kids with hands over their ears. The 10 people in our group, all gave it the dumps down.

I went with my buddy to the event that was held in the press box yesterday for 5 star season ticket holders. The howling and sound effects inside the glassed in suites was awful. Awfully loud and just Awful in general. Piping in the sound to bring the game to the high priced seats was not what I expected, as I said it was Awful with a capital A. Our regular season tickets are on the sunny side of the field. It was the 1st time I saw how a game looks and sounds from the suites. The only time I would trade would be in a driving rain storm. It is just too antiseptic for me. Can't wait for the season to start so I can sit in my cheap seats on the sunny side of the field even if it is at night. GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I went with my buddy to the event that was held in the press box yesterday for 5 star season ticket holders. The howling and sound effects inside the glassed in suites was awful. Awfully loud and just Awful in general. Piping in the sound to bring the game to the high priced seats was not what I expected, as I said it was Awful with a capital A. Our regular season tickets are on the sunny side of the field. It was the 1st time I saw how a game looks and sounds from the suites. The only time I would trade would be in a driving rain storm. It is just too antiseptic for me. Can't wait for the season to start so I can sit in my cheap seats on the sunny side of the field even if it is at night. GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was at the 5 star as well, but we sat outside for the scrimmage. That whatever it was supposed to be noise is horrible. Sounded like someone was being tortured next to an amped up mike. Totally unnecessary.

Reaction Score
I did not like it at all. I know UConn is trying to be creative in getting the crowd involved during 3rd down sitiuations, but it sounded ridiculous to me. However what I did like a lot were the UConn players entering through the student section for their pregame warmups. At first 6 or 7 players came down, then another 7 or 8, then 15 or 20. If the student body were their the place would be going insane.
Another good change appeared to be where the husky walk is going to take place this year. The buses came in and instead of turning right, the buses made a left turn going past the endzone section of the stadium where the students sit. Eventually the buses parked in front of gray lot and proceeded up the road with the cheerleaders in front of the band. Looks like they are trying to get people that are tailgating more involved. All in all I liked what they did Saturday.

Reaction Score

It was just awful, and everyone around us thought the same thing. I hope they kill this right now…

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Good idea but bad execution. My 6 year old niece covered her ears and got scared a few times it played. I'm all for dog sound effects. Maybe a simple howl? Howl when we enter the red zone and on defensive 3rd downs?

I like the idea, just needs to be tweaked a bit.

Reaction Score
I didn't realize it was dogs barking and howling. I thought it was the BYU Cougars screaming after the Huskies sank their teeth into them.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I thought someone had secretly taped Mike Vick strangling dogs. The emptiness of the stadium really bounced the noise around, probably adding to the problem.

Reaction Score
I like the idea of replacing the 3rd down Jungle music and I love the idea of Ozzy....but the howling was awful, even after you figured out that it was howling and not just some random awful noise.

Gotta rework this.

Reaction Score
Like many of you I thought the howling is a good idea but the barking and growling at the beginning didn't do it for me because it wasn't obvious enough that it was a husky. I think part of the problem was that the stadium was so quiet and the sound effect might work better along with 40,000 screaming fans

Reaction Score
Like many of you I thought the howling is a good idea but the barking and growling at the beginning didn't do it for me because it wasn't obvious enough that it was a husky. I think part of the problem was that the stadium was so quiet and the sound effect might work better along with 40,000 screaming fans
I don't think it was the empty stadium. Except for the last few seconds of the tape, our group thought it was awful. I for one would like to hear a little of George Clinton (Parliament/Funkadelics) sing atomic dog.

(not sure if i put link in correctly)

Reaction Score
If they want the snarling and howling...they need to separate it and fade it out and Ozzy in. It sounded like the mixing board took a MAJOR s*@t yesterday!

Reaction Score
Good idea but bad execution. My 6 year old niece covered her ears and got scared a few times it played. I'm all for dog sound effects. Maybe a simple howl? Howl when we enter the red zone and on defensive 3rd downs?

I like the idea, just needs to be tweaked a bit.
No,it needs to be tweaked a lot.

Reaction Score
It sounded terrible. They need to get rid of that and start from scratch.

Reaction Score
Agree it needs major mix-board fixing but on the whole I just love all the tweaks to the game day experience. I'm sure Pasqualoni never thought much about it. Diaco cares about all of this and has a "why not try it" attitude. I'm all in.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I hope they don't do this in lieu of " welcome to the jungle". Not that I particularly like that, but pretty much everyone in the building knows that means 3rd down.

Reaction Score
It was pretty bad. Originally I honestly thought the DJ had messed up and cued up too many sound effects at the same time. When it kept happening I realized it must be intentional. Sounded like a god awful mess. Hurt my ears. And made lose interest in the field trying to figure out what they were attempting to do. Gotta let it go! Try something else!

Reaction Score
I like the idea of but agree with all that sounded horribly mixed and just obscenely loud. Maybe with a full stadium it wouldnt feel as loud but with 8k or so people politely watching it was really loud.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The howling dog was fine but everything else was a disaster. No one and I mean no one liked it that I talked to.

Keep the howling dog, get rid of the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul