How The Art Of Persuasion Saved The TCU Horned Frogs | The Boneyard

How The Art Of Persuasion Saved The TCU Horned Frogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't need to read that. They "navigated the realignment maze" by building an elite football program. End of story.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If the Big 12 did end up making a move to expand, then he had to insure that Texas Christian was the only real option they ever considered. To do so would require him to use every tool he had in his arsenal and spearhead an advocacy campaign for the university on a scale never before seen in college athletics.

“Chris’ incredible work ethic is rivaled only by his charm,” opines Boschini. “He was relentless during those critical few weeks we were in conference limbo. He created a battle plan for us, ‘you call these six people and I’ll call these six’, ‘you’re going to be in Los Angeles, make sure you happen to run into this person’. In the span of those 4 or 5 weeks, we literally spoke to hundreds of donors, politicians and friends we had that could put pressure on the [Big 12] presidents to let us into the league. It was emotionally exhausting work, but Chris kept pushing and pushing. His charisma is simply contagious – once you catch a glimpse of the vision he’s trying to project, you’re hooked.

Wow a AD working behind the scenes to lobby for the next available conference spot, that's a radical idea. I think the common thought is that a Caribbean 'working vacation' is the way to get into a conference. Actually building personal relations and actively touting your strengths seems like it might work as well.

Reaction Score
I don't need to read that. They "navigated the realignment maze" by building an elite football program. End of story.

If you look at that top team they had back when they won a lot of games in the MWC, they took an awful lot of chances. They were recruiting the way Colorado recruited in the early 1990s. A lot of disciplinary problems.

It was 50/50 chance between getting into the B12 and getting a postseason ban for a few years.

Reaction Score
If the Big 12 did end up making a move to expand, then he had to insure that Texas Christian was the only real option they ever considered. To do so would require him to use every tool he had in his arsenal and spearhead an advocacy campaign for the university on a scale never before seen in college athletics.

“Chris’ incredible work ethic is rivaled only by his charm,” opines Boschini. “He was relentless during those critical few weeks we were in conference limbo. He created a battle plan for us, ‘you call these six people and I’ll call these six’, ‘you’re going to be in Los Angeles, make sure you happen to run into this person’. In the span of those 4 or 5 weeks, we literally spoke to hundreds of donors, politicians and friends we had that could put pressure on the [Big 12] presidents to let us into the league. It was emotionally exhausting work, but Chris kept pushing and pushing. His charisma is simply contagious – once you catch a glimpse of the vision he’s trying to project, you’re hooked.

Wow a AD working behind the scenes to lobby for the next available conference spot, that's a radical idea. I think the common thought is that a Caribbean 'working vacation' is the way to get into a conference. Actually building personal relations and actively touting your strengths seems like it might work as well.

Spot on - Jurich did the same for Louisville. It does matter!

Reaction Score
If you look at that top team they had back when they won a lot of games in the MWC, they took an awful lot of chances. They were recruiting the way Colorado recruited in the early 1990s. A lot of disciplinary problems.

It was 50/50 chance between getting into the B12 and getting a postseason ban for a few years.

So basically it was a no lose situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom