How many wins did you think we'd have after 21 games? And what has suprised you about the team? | The Boneyard

How many wins did you think we'd have after 21 games? And what has suprised you about the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Before the season I'd felt we'd be pretty darn good--but just under title contenders without Wolf--while I have no number 17-4 seems about right.

I do not really have a surprise about the team except Calhoun's regression in play. When I first saw him I thought he was going to be a player similar to Branden Roy in a few years but that looks way off. He has settled for being a pretty bad 3 pt shooter.

Reaction Score
I thought we'd only lose to Florida/Memphis/Indiana/Louisville/Stanford.

caw

Reaction Score
18-3. Losses to SMU, UL and one of Memphis or UF.

Reaction Score
I thought 18-3 and ranked #15-20. I hoped 19-2, ranked around #10, and discussed as a serious contender.

I didn't think Brimah would contribute at all, so that has obviously been a positive surprise. I didn't think Kromah would be that good, especially as a shooter; he has been outstanding. This kind of makes up for Omar Calhoun looking like he doesn't belong on a high-major basketball court.

Everything else has been essentially as expected. I had hoped Ollie would be a little more attuned to the X's and O's aspect of the game and that our offense would have a bit more creativity (and thus eliminate the kind of game like we had against Stanford in the second half), but that sort of issue hasn't shown up as much lately.

Reaction Score
18-3. Losses to Louisville, @Memphis, and one of @SMU, Florida, or Indiana.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The only thing that stunned me was the Houston loss. I knew our front court would be "weak" compared to our guard and wing play. I've been totally surprised by the shooting prowess of Giffey and the really steady and solid play of Kromah. Was hoping Giffey would make a leap this year given his really solid play in Germany, but I'm most surprised by Kromah.

I thought we'd have losses to teams like Florida, L'ville, and/or Memphis. I really didn't expect SMU to beat us. Still scratching my head over the Houston loss. I've also been surprised by the lack of PT for Facey and Samuel, but happy about the improvements from Nolan and Brimah...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
SMU is a wtf loss for this program. Larry Brown and the fact that they are an NCAA team be damned.

UL (though even that's suspect because it was at home) plus the WTF loss of your choice is the correct answer.

Reaction Score
SMU is a wtf loss for this program. Larry Brown and the fact that they are an NCAA team be damned.

UL (though even that's suspect because it was at home) plus the WTF loss of your choice is the correct answer.
We went to Texas with Brimah hurt and Nolan sick.
TO was our most effective 5 inTexas and your suprised by a road loss to an undefeated team on their home court?
The biggest WTF loss was Stanford because it was a home game and Stanford didn't 't even play well.That did everything in their power to give us that game.
Houston is the other.

I didn't expect to lose to anyone except Louisville at home. Maybe at Memphis
I figured we could be 18-3

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
The development of Brimah
The lack of time for Samuels & Facey
Calhoun (less)
Olander (less)
Kromah (more)
Daniels not being as consistent as at the end of last year
How bad a team could be at rebounding (mostly early)
How Bazz looks like Kemba.

Reaction Score
The development of Brimah
The lack of time for Samuels & Facey
Calhoun (less)
Olander (less)
Kromah (more)
Daniels not being as consistent as at the end of last year
How bad a team could be at rebounding (mostly early)
How Bazz looks like Kemba.
It's Samuel, not Samuels...he's one person

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was hoping for a higher overall level of play. I expected Bazz to be great and he has not disappointed but I thought DD and Omar would be better than they are. Good to see DD showing signs of life but he should be surpassing not approaching, last year's highs by now.

Reaction Score
I was hoping for a higher overall level of play. I expected Bazz to be great and he has not disappointed but I thought DD and Omar would be better than they are. Good to see DD showing signs of life but he should be surpassing not approaching, last year's highs by now.
This. On the record question, I thought we'd have about 3-4 losses. Just not the ones we have. I thought we'd lose to Florida, @ Memphis and probably to Louisville. Throw in a WTF somewhere and we'd be about where we are.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
17-4 or 18-3, but with no details on how or why.

Surprised that Shabazz's first end-of-game shot against Florida was so far off, but not at all surprised that the second went in. Still find it surprising that only 11 points were scored against Stanford in the second half, and that the comeback against Houston didn't hold once we went ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom