How lucky are we! | The Boneyard

How lucky are we!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just watched about six hours of coverage of the Uconn women's basketball program and I kept thinking ... no other women's team in the world in a any sport at any level gets this kind of coverage! It is just amazing to me how good we have it.
And kudos to SNY. The production values, on air talent, and depth of coverage is really, really good. For years we were the only team in the country with CPTV coverage of all our games and they were phenomenal, but now SNY was step up the quality and added in the All Access and Legacy programs that give additional insights. And provide great promotion for the program.
We are blessed with an awesome coaching staff and a current team that is composed of wonderful players who are as good off the court as on, and who understand the meaning of team. And they represent just the latest in a long line of similarly spectacular players and people associated with this program. Seeing Tina on the legacy show and rewatching the shows from last year with Kerry, Jen, Nykesha, Rebecca, Jamelle, Shea, and CD reminded me of their excellence and of all those who have yet to be included in one of the shows.
What a lovely New Years present from SNY!
(Hope they get Marisa on one of these shows - because she isn't a Uconn legacy coach she maybe gets less attention, but from the bits we see in All Access I think she is really good at her job.)

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
(Hope they get Marisa on one of these shows - because she isn't a Uconn legacy coach she maybe gets less attention, but from the bits we see in All Access I think she is really good at her job.)

And she is quick witted and articulate.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If the Legacy interview with Jen was a repeat, I never saw it before. About the most interesting thing was her response to Geno's question about still being at the U of Hartford despite having had "all sorts of great offers." The biggest factor has been children and family - she said about half the child rearing is done by grandparents. She also said good things about Hartford and how she still has a couple of goals for that program not yet achieved - NCAA stuff is my guess. Second most interesting tid bit: Jen came in as a freshman being pretty brash and bossy. Humorous bit about Jen's recruiting visit: Rebecca said Jen was likeable enough. 'At least she didn't show up with 14 bags of make up like Kara.'

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Agree and kudos to SNY …. great programs and a wonderful way to spend a lazy New Year's Day.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
She, also, admitted at some point she needed to be at a major program with better resources at some point.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
If the Legacy interview with Jen was a repeat, I never saw it before. About the most interesting thing was her response to Geno's question about still being at the U of Hartford despite having had "all sorts of great offers." The biggest factor has been children and family - she said about half the child rearing is done by grandparents. She also said good things about Hartford and how she still has a couple of goals for that program not yet achieved - NCAA stuff is my guess. Second most interesting tid bit: Jen came in as a freshman being pretty brash and bossy. Humorous bit about Jen's recruiting visit: Rebecca said Jen was likeable enough. 'At least she didn't show up with 14 bags of make up like Kara.'
It was a repeat from last year, and yes, the reasoning behind her staying in Hartford has been out there but not as clearly defined as she did in this program. I think her USA work is probably a big reason she has been as content at Hartford over the last 5 years as she appears to be. That national exposure and chance to work with the top end of HS players probably fulfills a bit of her 'drive'.

Reaction Score
Love the discussion with Kerry and Nakesha. There was a lot of insight into the early days of building the program. Rome wasn't built overnight and neither was the best college basketball program. Great ending to the show. According to Geno: Kerry is still number one to take the last shot and Nakesha is the best example of what the UCONN program is all about.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
The only show I hadn't seen was on Tina Charles. The fun they are able to have with Geno, and also the respect and reverence for him- It is really something- remarkable! How rewarding it must be for Geno, the staff, and the players that went the distance to create this "Empire".
I envy all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc