How long before a court stoming death occurs? | The Boneyard

How long before a court stoming death occurs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Everytime I see one of these, I'm surprised no one has yet been killed or that a major brawl hasn't broken out. IMO, the NCAA and the schools need to ban this practice.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
They know the risks they're taking. They shouldn't ban it at all. What they should do is be prepared all the time for this. Or have the locker rooms closer to the opponents bench.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The spilled blood will be on the school's hands. Not the NCAA.

Reaction Score
All fun should be banned. Dancing, celebrating, fans getting too loud, fans waving their hands during free throws, fans yelling at the opposing team, it should all be banned. Crossing the street should be banned as well, probably driving as well. In fact any activity not taking place in a Travolta like plastic bubble should be banned also. Clearly, we have to eliminate life so that we eliminate risk.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
. In fact any activity not taking place in a Travolta like plastic bubble should be banned also.
Hands up if you are old enough to understand this reference.
hand.jpg

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This is one of those issues that you just have to stand back and admire.

Coach K was whining last night - and he might be talking about his team's safety, but what he's really upset about is that every time he loses a game on the road, he has to watch this happen in front of him.

Duke has been stormed 42 times out of their last 50 road losses. That has to be annoying, but...

Total fatalities - 0
Injuries, that I am aware of - 0
Major incidents, that I am aware of - 0
Total # of feelings hurt - 42 x (however many Dukies are present)

My favorite was the time K put the walkons in and then went to the locker room with the starters before the storming.

Anywho, somehow, I think that mankind will survive court storming. We have evolved enough where we can navigate a ten-foot wide stairwell and then a 50' run towards an empty court without mass casualties.

If that is too dangerous, I propose we ban Christmas shopping at the mall - that feels infinitely more congested to me. I don't want to die outside a Yankee Candle.

Reaction Score
My favorite was the time K put the walkons in and then went to the locker room with the starters before the storming.
That was the greatest moment in K's career.

Reaction Score
Regarding Coach K's whining and the kerfluffle this created, here's a view of the court storming from behind the Duke bench:

Looks like security had their act together and the Duke players or coaches were allowed to exit without any difficulties.

What I wouldn't mind seeing in the future, though, is for the fans at ACC schools start chanting "You're not worth it" near the end of a victory over Duke and refuse to rush the court.

Reaction Score
Two best moments of K's career were taking the starters out and heading to the locker room so the walkons would have to deal with the court storming and the season he had his hip replaced and he had his assistant take on their losing record so it wouldn't effect his own career record. The guy is a total class act.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Holy cow, what a spectacular job by Virginia.

Orderly, controlled, the Duke players were behind security - just brilliantly.

And world-class court coverage.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's just a different perspective, but ACC games are infinitely more exciting (from a crowd standpoint) than big east games. I've been to tons of UConn games and the most exciting wouldn't be in the top 5 of ACC games I've been to (my best friend was a Maryland grad). I'm not criticizing the quality of the game/play, just the crowd vibe. It's a world of difference.

Reaction Score
More likely one of those cameron nerds in the front row gets bitch slapped or one of the k boy like wojo gets cracked in a crowd and prob deserved it...that rat bastard is always whining about something

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Maybe it's just a different perspective, but ACC games are infinitely more exciting (from a crowd standpoint) than big east games. I've been to tons of UConn games and the most exciting wouldn't be in the top 5 of ACC games I've been to (my best friend was a Maryland grad). I'm not criticizing the quality of the game/play, just the crowd vibe. It's a world of difference.

This is complete horse s***.

You must have become a Big East fan in the past year.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Actually, Ol' Crying Roy Williams was the genius behind pulling the starters and coaches off the floor and into the locker room, letting the walk-ons be sacrificed. Although it sounds exactly like something K would do.

Reaction Score
I will say that if Providence ever storms the court a death could happen. With all their pent up frustrations, and first time beating a top level team, well that will be a recipe for a catastrophe of epic proportions. Sorta like a man in prison for 20 years being released and immediately going on a date, with anticipated sex afterward. No amount of security in the world could prepare for that explosion.

Of course its highly unlikely, but damn that would be a dangerous scenario.

Reaction Score
I will say that if Providence ever storms the court a death could happen. With all their pent up frustrations, and first time beating a top level team, well that will be a recipe for a catastrophe of epic proportions. Sorta like a man in prison for 20 years being released and immediately going on a date, with anticipated sex afterward. No amount of security in the world could prepare for that explosion.

This might have been around 10 years ago, but didn't they storm the court 3 games in a row? I believe they beat 2 highly ranked teams in a row (UConn being one of them) and the third one might have been for the heck of it.

Then again, it was a while ago, so your point still stands.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score

This made me actually laugh out loud. Because of how true it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom