How do I post with an excel attachment? | The Boneyard

How do I post with an excel attachment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I maintain a multi year portrayal of NCAA stats for UConn with ranking observations. Would like to post as a message but can't make it work and can't find any instructions. I do see that others do attach spreadsheets to a post.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I maintain a multi year portrayal of NCAA stats for UConn with ranking observations. Would like to post as a message but can't make it work and can't find any instructions. I do see that others do attach spreadsheets to a post.

Reply to this post.

As you do, look to the lower right corner of the reply field that you're writing in....

You will see "Post Reply", "Upload a File" and "More Options..."

Select "Upload a File" and then, well, upload a file.

Then hit post and you're done - might format a bit funky but we'll see.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

What browser are you using?

Reaction Score
primarily use firefox but have both chrome and internet explorer on the laptop I primarily use for doing boneyard reading, etc.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
primarily use firefox but have both chrome and internet explorer on the laptop I primarily use for doing boneyard reading, etc.

I'll look into it tomorrow. Have you tried cut and pasting using chrome?

Reaction Score
Yes - but I hated the mishmash of columns - made it hard (read impossible) to readily make comparisons.

Reaction Score
Haven't tried yet but was wondering if I saved as PDF and then uploaded. Would that perhaps work.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Haven't tried yet but was wondering if I saved as PDF and then uploaded. Would that perhaps work.

Do you want it to display in the message, or simply be available for download?

Reaction Score
Think there would be more readership and discussion if it was part of the message. Isn't that bit - I show current year to date plus seven full years of history - so nine columns but eight are merely four/five numerical digits. There are 16 rows for NCAA team data/%. I've been able to copy and paste to the message but, as I said, the columns meander all over the place. Thanks for looking into this for me.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
PDF would work if you uploaded it using Upload a File. Or upload an edited screen shot. Either way, people would have fast access.

Browser doesn't really matter - none of them would keep the formatting if you straight cut and pasted it. But....

I wonder if you exported the file to HTML and then posted it by cut and pasting the HTML code into to Code option in the ribbon menu (in the Insert option) above the posting field.

(Look at the little icons above the posting field...go four in from the right to the doohickey between the Media option (looks like film) and the Drafts option (looks like a diskette). If you click the Insert option between those two, you get a drop down...select Code and then cut and paste the HTML.)

Reaction Score
Going to try your thoughts today. Again, you all have been super.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
There is a known bug in creating tables that is browser specific. But as I understand it, you want to cut and paste an excel table into a post? Without converting the table to BB code, the best I can do is set it up so you can upload the excel file. Try doing so now.

There is another option I am working on, but for now, that's the best I can do.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Your support has been great - and Biff helped out my first attempt by enlarging to save the eyes of the Boneyard so they could watch tonight's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom