How Deep Is Your Love? | The Boneyard

How Deep Is Your Love?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mine starts and stops at 7 and includes our starters plus Gabby & Pheesa....I like everyone else but just not when it really matters....it is what it is.....

Reaction Score
I love 'em all, too. All great kids. I just don't see the Transfer and the Phoenix Flash ever developing the requisite 'hands' and the foot speed to compete at this level.

[Not hating, just stating.]

Last edited:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Funny...Even though (your) Phoenix Flash
didn't have a great game...
She looked fitter, quicker and I thought I noticed something.
Wait...She might yet come in at a useful 8 in the current roster

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Mine starts and stops at 7 and includes our starters plus Gabby & Pheesa....I like everyone else but just not when it really matters....it is what it is.....
If it (your love) stop at 7 you are really not talking love. More like a minimum "trusted" set required to Win a National Championship. Vastly different things. Mine starts once they don a UCONN uniform and it never stops.

Reaction Score
I'm sure divots Spieth 'loves' ALL the kids. We all do. But if it's crunch time, it becomes a matter of trust, and you can't seriously disagree with him that it's all about The Magnificent Seven.

What's most disconcerting about msf's "useful 8" suggestion and the next guard option off the bench (forget offense, for the moment) is the poor defense the two played- giving up 4 wide-open 3-pointers in Q4 while committing six turnovers- half of the total committed by the team in 40 minutes. Geno was visibly cringing- that kind of play won't earn his trust, or more minutes. Probably fewer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree that over the next couple of weeks, that's the situation. But as to kids we think we can build on, give Natalie a healthy summer and let's see what happens. She has to work on her reactions (admittedly not easy) and footwork. But she can (at times) be aggressive and has a pretty good medium range shot.

Reaction Score
It's always important that no true fan ever give up on any player; they're just kids asked to perform at a high level on the most dominant team in any sport over the past two decades...this being said, almost every team must eventually settle in on a 6-8 player rotation in tournament time when all the chips are on the line....I can't imagine a UConn fan that didn't feel Nat's pain today and you can see it in her face....I think that her confidence is at a point where she is thinking rather than playing as evidenced by the play when the ball was tossed into her 3 feet from the basket and kicked it right back out without even a thought of scoring....Saniya ITB problem has cost her important rotation minutes and probably a ton of practice time both of which can eat away at confidence level....toss in the inner desire to show what you can bring to your team in limited minutes and the results become predictable...fair or not, the show must go on with a rotation that a coach can trust and believe are the ones to get the team to the Promised Land....with apology to the Bee Gees, my thread post probably should have read "How Deep is Your Trust."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom