How Can I Watch UConn Women Weekend Games on Cable TV? | The Boneyard

How Can I Watch UConn Women Weekend Games on Cable TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The UConn Women's BBall website just says "live coverage." Does anyone know what cable channel will broadcast the games on Saturday and Sunday? Can you help?

Reaction Score
Saturday's game is on ESPN3, Sunday's semi-final is on ESPNU, and the final game on Monday night will be ESPN or ESPN2.

Reaction Score
thanks so much...my question now is: is ESPN3 a cable channel--if so, which one-- or only accessible on the internet? I use Time Warner Cable and sure would like to record it on a cable channel if possible.

ESPN3 is basically, the internet. I plan to watch it using my Apple TV and the WatchESPN app. Not sure about all of the various devices out there for streaming to TV, but I believe all of them have WatchESPN. I know that Roku and Chromecast do. If you don't have one of those it's basically on your laptop, iPad or whatever. You will, of course, have to be an ESPN subscriber to use the app.

P.S. The WatchESPN app also holds onto games for a few days so you can watch replays.

Reaction Score
ESPN3 is basically, the internet. I plan to watch it using my Apple TV and the WatchESPN app. Not sure about all of the various devices out there for streaming to TV, but I believe all of them have WatchESPN. I know that Roku and Chromecast do. If you don't have one of those it's basically on your laptop, iPad or whatever. You will, of course, have to be an ESPN subscriber to use the app.

P.S. The WatchESPN app also holds onto games for a few days so you can watch replays.
Thank you.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The UConn Women's BBall website just says "live coverage." Does anyone know what cable channel will broadcast the games on Saturday and Sunday? Can you help?

Don't know if you're familiar with this site but they put all the games up later. It's not live broadcasting but you can watch whenever you want afterwards. They have lots of archived games from past years too.

http://uconnhuskygames.com/2014-2015-womens-basketball-game-replays/

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
thanks so much...my question now is: is ESPN3 a cable channel--if so, which one-- or only accessible on the internet? I use Time Warner Cable and sure would like to record it on a cable channel if possible.

You may know this already, but you can access ESPN3 as a Time Warner subscriber. Not all internet service providers have deals with ESPN3, but Time Warner does. If you have not already done s0, be sure to go to the ESPN3 site well before the game to set up your access for the first time.

Reaction Score
You may know this already, but you can access ESPN3 as a Time Warner subscriber. Not all internet service providers have deals with ESPN3, but Time Warner does. If you have not already done s0, be sure to go to the ESPN3 site well before the game to set up your access for the first time.
even from Toronto on a Canadian wifi network? sorry to bother you folks with all this but am very appreciative of your help.

Reaction Score
even from Toronto on a Canadian wifi network? sorry to bother you folks with all this but am very appreciative of your help.

I don't get sny here in Massachusetts so I watch most games on my computer on watch espn. You don't have to have the app, you can just googgle watch espn. Initially I needed to login as a Charter subscriber, but after that I can access on any wifi network. However, not sure about Cananda. Also, watch espn holds all the games for at least thirty days in replay and they are available about 30-60 minutes after the game has ended. I watch a lot of the afternoon games the same day, but later in the evening this way. Lastly, as with any streaming event there is the chance for freeze ups etc. With the live broadcast that can be annoying to say the least. Also a reason to go with the replay where you are able to restart the game from where you had a problem if one occurs. Actually one more thing. If you don't get espnu on your cable or you live in a blackout region you can't watch the game live on watch espn, but you can watch it on replay.

Reaction Score
I don't get sny here in Massachusetts so I watch most games on my computer on watch espn. You don't have to have the app, you can just googgle watch espn. Initially I needed to login as a Charter subscriber, but after that I can access on any wifi network. However, not sure about Cananda. Also, watch espn holds all the games for at least thirty days in replay and they are available about 30-60 minutes after the game has ended. I watch a lot of the afternoon games the same day, but later in the evening this way. Lastly, as with any streaming event there is the chance for freeze ups etc. With the live broadcast that can be annoying to say the least. Also a reason to go with the replay where you are able to restart the game from where you had a problem if one occurs. Actually one more thing. If you don't get espnu on your cable or you live in a blackout region you can't watch the game live on watch espn, but you can watch it on replay.
thanks, jeff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69