Houston/Temple | The Boneyard

Houston/Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I have my biggest bet of the year on Houston tonight - I think they dismantle Temple.

But for the sake of football God bless them for going for it on 4th and 7 from the 35.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Everyone on the Fresno staff should be removed for the way they handled the clock at the end of the first half.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The staff should be fired at halftime for that. There is no way you can coach an FBS team and make those decisions. It somehow got worse. I've never seen a team not try to score - get a first down with 30 seconds - not have the defense call time out - and punt with :07.

And before I'm accused of being an angry gambler, they played themselves into a first half under 31.5 winner for me.

Pasqualoni would cringe at that clock management.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Someday coaches will realize you don't win college football games punting and kicking field goals.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Good to see everyone abandoned college football. UConn looks even worse with Boise and Temple being awful.

Just remember who told you pre-season how far Boise had sunk.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Just so you don't feel lonely, I'll chime in:

I've been watching the game too. I'm rooting for Houston, just because I think we'll be in more recruiting battles against Temple, especially for kids in south Jersey. I've been shocked this year that Houston had lost as many as they have, since I thought they would be battling for the AAC championship this year (they may STILL be battling for it, sadly enough). Maybe things are going to start to come together for them, and they were only a couple of feet away from beating UCF.

Looking forward to the second half action, and don't feel so lonely, Whaler... ;)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Just so you don't feel lonely, I'll chime in:

I've been watching the game too. I'm rooting for Houston, just because I think we'll be in more recruiting battles against Temple, especially for kids in south Jersey. I've been shocked this year that Houston had lost as many as they have, since I thought they would be battling for the AAC championship this year (they may STILL be battling for it, sadly enough). Maybe things are going to start to come together for them, and they were only a couple of feet away from beating UCF.

Looking forward to the second half action, and don't feel so lonely, Whaler... ;)

Game was over. Instead Houston chose to try a field goal up 10 with fourth and short. I wish I understood why coaches are afraid to go for jugular.

The phantom penalty on Houston also cost them would have been 21-3 but quality AAC officiating...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Houston can't seem to get out of its own way...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Houston can't seem to get out of its own way...

Houston has coached themselves into a mess of a game. When the announcers are yelling no flags on a play that let's you know how many flags there have been.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Well, it was touch-and-go there for a while, where nobody wanted to win. But now it seems that Houston has it locked up....or so it seems...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well, it was touch-and-go there for a while, where nobody wanted to win. But now it seems that Houston has it locked up....or so it seems...

That was impressively bad. The idea these television rights will go up in value is... misguided...

Reaction Score
That was impressively bad. The idea these television rights will go up in value is... misguided...

Friday Night AAC Football on ESPN Ocho, its faaaaantastic

Reaction Score
And NOW for something completely different ...

Gambling is for losers

And, that Houston Quarterback is really good - Gary Ward Jr.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Gambling is for losers

Winners? Winners eat CAPITAL letters for breakfast. Winners win with POTENTIAL and SYNERGY.

Winners deal in MARKETS and VISION.

Apparently winners also like personal attacks and talking out of their a**es.

Reaction Score

Gambling is for losers

All I know is... gambling, much like beer, makes everything more fun

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

If they don't go up, you will have a lot fewer games to bet on in 10 years.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If they don't go up, you will have a lot fewer games to bet on in 10 years.

Don't see why that would be the case. 4 other leagues making same or less and they haven't folded.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Don't see why that would be the case. 4 other leagues making same or less and they haven't folded.

That was before Wake could pay their position coaches more than half of FBS can pay their Head Coach. A $30 million per team TV revenue gap is not sustainable for more than a few years. Either the G5 teams have to make more or the P5 plays at a different level going forward.

Reaction Score
That was before Wake could pay their position coaches more than half of FBS can pay their Head Coach. A $30 million per team TV revenue gap is not sustainable for more than a few years. Either the G5 teams have to make more or the P5 plays at a different level going forward.

Unfortunately I believe this to be correct.

However, there will still be opportunities for degenerates to bet on these games.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

The P5 has been playing at a different level all along

Reaction Score
The new Houston QB is really good and has completely turned around that team. That's how close UCONN is to being turned around too, just gotta find that playmaking QB and everything changes fast.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah but everyone was playing under the same rules. That's not gonna be the case going forward.

But they have always gotten the players. And there are a finite number of roster spots. So the gap may grow some but it's already a chasm.

Reaction Score
Maybe we'll be seeing CFL-style fields in the AAC soon. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The new Houston QB is really good and has completely turned around that team. That's how close UCONN is to being turned around too, just gotta find that playmaking QB and everything changes fast.

disagree. We could have Dan Marino himself calling signals, but if hes running for his life, and on his ass it isn't going to change much of anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom